Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The effects on those snowspeeders were absolutely dreadful.

Also how roomy are those things suddenly?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The effects on those snowspeeders were absolutely dreadful.

Also how roomy are those things suddenly?
    The modified ones in ESB, could sit a pilot and gunner, so two adults.

But, given the room, it isn't impossible for temporarily to squeeze an extra adult and a child into speeder.

My car has room for 5 people, but I could certainly sit one more if necessary. Wouldn't be comfortable, but people would fit.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    How can you be on the left and not be distrustful of corporations? lol
    "Hating capitalism but loving Disney" and "loving capitalism but hating Disney" are both examples of deep ideological rot but the the latter is far more pervasive than the former, to the extent that there are enough people in this world to constitute a discernible presence who believe that a $100 billion dollar multinational corporation that's been at the forefront of the capitalist culture industry for a hundred years is run by Marxists.

I think fandom has basically replaced religion in secular societies crazily enough.
    And cults.

I thought the biggest sin of the episode was no one noticing Leia hiding under Obi-Wan's coat like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I thought the biggest sin of the episode was no one noticing Leia hiding under Obi-Wan's coat like that.
    Luke on the Death Star dressed as a Stormtrooper: "I can't see a thing in this helmet."

- - - Updated - - -

I'm liking the way this show is handling things. It feels believable while also taking liberties.

That's actually way more believable than people think. Alarms were going off, it's a military base - people tend to tunnel-vision their job. Everything else is scanned peripherally, and if it's not blatantly out of the ordinary it's not worth more attention.

Is it a bit of a stretch? Sure. It's film logic. But it's not, like, SUPER out there.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    And not the two stormtroopers that should have totally seen Obi-wan?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Luke was wearing gear that was too big for him.

Leia: Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?
    Further proves how badly designed the Stormtrooper helmet was. If you put on any helmet that's too big you should still be able to see out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hell.. I thought it couldn't get worse but then I watched episode 4 lmao

I'll just stick to thinking of it as a comedy from now on.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

There was so much wrong going on with the show up until that point I just started laughing at how dumb it was. Even if you tunnel vision, there's a limit to how much you'd tune out something... especially when it looks that absurd. This series could almost be a parody show without much tweaking.

When you start to analyze what happened and all the dumb things that happened, it's easy to tell it happened because they wanted their plot to happen even if logic got thrown out the window. Most on-the-nose example that should send up warning flags is literally flying a ship into near-point blank range to shoot at Reva: it's the trope of people with ranged weapons and guns just running into melee so something can happen, in this case Disney wanted to kill the pilot... which wouldn't have happened (no flying patrols at this base I guess) if he was flying at range. Their security is just roaming droids because cameras, shields, and actual competent security (not the scanner checkpoint that literally should've called a superior or Inquistor to resolve the issue as any normal security detail would) wouldn't allow the plot to happen. Why Reva is interrogating Leia for information that in all likelihood she wouldn't and doesn't even know is baffling, especially when she killed a lone pilot in the previous episode that would've been a way more likely candidate for information. There's tons of examples in this episode, as well as the previous ones. This isn't even getting into how the motivations and actions/inactions based upon supposed motivations are nonsensical and all over the place... again, it's just to service getting from Point A in the script to Point B, with some key jingling in the process of destroying the integrity of the work.

There's a limit to how much one should need to utilize their ability to suspend disbelief, and Disney is exceeding the limit that any rational person should have. One or two minor things, fine... but when an entire show is littered with confounding actions, events, motivations, etc., one would probably have to be braindead to not see a lot of issues with the show. Doesn't mean you can't potentially enjoy some aspects of it, that's fine (heck, there's some hilarious stuff in the show, unfortunately the creators probably meant them to be serious); however, that doesn't mean the show is actually good in terms of writing and execution.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Luke was wearing gear that was too big for him.

Leia: Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?
    The real question is, if Luke couldn't see out of his helmet, how did Leia see through his codpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And not the two stormtroopers that should have totally seen Obi-wan?
    Yeah, that one too. Really don't know how hard it is for the director to spot that during a shoot and just tell them all to wait a few more seconds before coming in.

- - - Updated - - -

And the show introducing two brand new faces right before the big raid on this base just shouted "here's the people that are going to die!" And of course, when one of them eventually does it's portrayed a long and sad scene, even though they did not establish that character at all, so the viewer likely does not even care in the slightest.

Sadge I thought this would for sure be the best SW show of far, turning out to be the worst.

I want to actually be nice about this episode. Decent first half maybe 2/3rds. Goes off the rails at the end. Reeva in the first half was actually well done. She has a hard time pulling off the angry out of control badass. I could nitpick the plot in various places, but outside the Empire’s general ineptitude my only real issue is in the space of 20 minutes we see OW go from getting his ass kicked, near panicking in a bacta tank, struggling to move a communicator, to holding back a wall of water and deflecting like a dozen Stormtrooper laser blasts.
    Last edited by Theangryone; 2022-06-09 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    my only real issue is in the space of 20 minutes we see OW go from getting his ass kicked, near panicking in a bacta tank, struggling to move a communicator, to holding back a wall of water and deflecting like a dozen Stormtrooper laser blasts.
    I think this has to do with a general pacing problem the show has. We're 4/6 and basically nothing has happened. Things are moving very weirdly, as if the galactic snail race from TLJ had been reincarnated into The Leia Rescue Show.

It's supposed to show us Obi-Wan's PTSD and how he overcomes it; at least that seems to be the general vibe. But they're not really doing anything to properly explore that. They show us depressed, mopey Obi-Wan; they show us helpless, on-fire Obi-Wan; and now it's Obi-Wan, Knight Returned. But how those moments connect or what's going on underneath all that we basically never get to see. And that's a major misstep.

Also, I really can't express how poorly Reva is portrayed. At this point it's not even the script. Maybe it's the director, maybe it's the actress - but the character is just never on point, always failing to properly deliver either on the damage or the anger. You look at her and you're never sure what's going on, unless there's literal dialogue to say so. Is she sad angry vicious hurt sadistic whatever? WHO THE FUCK KNOWS because the acting is all over the place and you can't tell if something is the character trying to employ subterfuge or if it's the actress failing utterly to portray an actual bad guy. You never believe what you see, and that makes every scene with her feel completely off. It's annoying the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Ok, I see no point in continuing if common sense have left the base.
    You were wrong, he was right.

Literally everything you said is from your made up headcanon... for example: thinking Reva knows Obi-Wan isnt dead despite us never been told/shown that she knows. Did you not notice that Reva was nowhere near Vader when Obi-Wan escaped? she was only ever near Vader when they both entered the town, after that they most likely never saw eachother until the chokehold since Vader would deal with Obi-Wan and Reva would take Leia immediately to the base for interrogation.

Theres zero reason for anyone to think otherwise... youre just assuming things which is a cringe thing to do, its most likely because you hate Reva and thats why you make up things that make her look badly written.

Same with the tracker thing, Reva was literally fondling it in the same episode. Youre pulling at straws here arent you?
    It would be absolutely stupid for Vader to kill her after she planted the tracker to root out more jedi symphatizers.

Common sense doesnt seem to have ever been in your base, when you write something like that.

I bet youre gonna assume im defending the show now too? im only calling you out on your bs, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I think this has to do with a general pacing problem the show has. We're 4/6 and basically nothing has happened. Things are moving very weirdly, as if the galactic snail race from TLJ had been reincarnated into The Leia Rescue Show.

It's supposed to show us Obi-Wan's PTSD and how he overcomes it; at least that seems to be the general vibe. But they're not really doing anything to properly explore that. They show us depressed, mopey Obi-Wan; they show us helpless, on-fire Obi-Wan; and now it's Obi-Wan, Knight Returned. But how those moments connect or what's going on underneath all that we basically never get to see. And that's a major misstep.

Also, I really can't express how poorly Reva is portrayed. At this point it's not even the script. Maybe it's the director, maybe it's the actress - but the character is just never on point, always failing to properly deliver either on the damage or the anger. You look at her and you're never sure what's going on, unless there's literal dialogue to say so. Is she sad angry vicious hurt sadistic whatever? WHO THE FUCK KNOWS because the acting is all over the place and you can't tell if something is the character trying to employ subterfuge or if it's the actress failing utterly to portray an actual bad guy. You never believe what you see, and that makes every scene with her feel completely off. It's annoying the hell out of me.
    Bruh, whens the last time you watched the prequels? the obi-wan we saw in this episode was fighting nothing like the one back then... hes alot slower and less expertly moving in this episode by a large margin, its almost like a cosplayer doing random moves theyve practiced a few times.

We are definitely not back to "knight returned" yet lmao. stop making stuff up.

https://tenor.com/view/duel-star-war...le-gif-7971967
    Just watch any fight scene from the prequels and youll see.
    Last edited by Otaka; 2022-06-09 at 04:42 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    You were wrong, he was right.
    If you say so.

Literally everything you said is from your made up headcanon... for example: thinking Reva knows Obi-Wan isnt dead despite us never been told/shown that she knows. Did you not notice that Reva was nowhere near Vader when Obi-Wan escaped? she was only ever near Vader when they both entered the town, after that they most likely never saw eachother until the chokehold since Vader would deal with Obi-Wan and Reva would take Leia immediately to the base for interrogation.
    Nah, that's your headcanon. I only rely on common sense.
    Even if she wasn't there to see Obi-wan escape - she went back to the base and spend a lot of time there. And she WANTS to get Obi-wan. But he wasn't a captive at the base. And she knows Vader wanted him ALIVE. And we see all those other jedi in the vault. Not to mention she has the technology to check up on the military operation "Get Kenobi" and a random stormtrooper would've told her - "He escaped, ma'am".

Theres zero reason for anyone to think otherwise... youre just assuming things which is a cringe thing to do, its most likely because you hate Reva and thats why you make up things that make her look badly written.
    Ah yes, "you are a toxic fandomer" trope. Go on call me a racist and sexist as well.

Same with the tracker thing, Reva was literally fondling it in the same episode. Youre pulling at straws here arent you?
    Lol my problem was not with the tracker itself - but with the fact that she even had it. Planning for failure.

Also it's existence CONTRADICTS your above argument that she didn't know Obi-wan survived. SHE EXPECTED HIM TO COME TO RESCUE LEIA. She even had a TRACKER on her. For that eventuality.

It would be absolutely stupid for Vader to kill her after she planted the tracker to root out more jedi symphatizers.
    Vader does what Vader does. If I was Vader - I would kill her. The tracker works withotu Reva just fine. And she was warned before. It would make me look like a weakling to let her live - even one of the Brothers objected.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If you say so.

Nah, that's your headcanon. I only rely on common sense.
    Even if she wasn't there to see Obi-wan escape - she went back to the base and spend a lot of time there. And she WANTS to get Obi-wan. But he wasn't a captive at the base. And she knows Vader wanted him ALIVE. And we see all those other jedi in the vault. Not to mention she has the technology to check up on the military operation "Get Kenobi" and a random stormtrooper would've told her - "He escaped, ma'am".

Ah yes, "you are a toxic fandomer" trope. Go on call me a racist and sexist as well.

Lol my problem was not with the tracker itself - but with the fact that she even had it. Planning for failure.

Also it's existence CONTRADICTS your above argument that she didn't know Obi-wan survived. SHE EXPECTED HIM TO COME TO RESCUE LEIA. She even had a TRACKER on her. For that eventuality.

Vader does what Vader does. If I was Vader - I would kill her. The tracker works withotu Reva just fine. And she was warned before. It would make me look like a weakling to let her live - even one of the Brothers objected.
    Vader punishes failure....the tracker still puts Reva on thin ice that keeping her alive is still warranted.

And damm Vader is god dam scary.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Vader punishes failure....the tracker still puts Reva on thin ice that keeping her alive is still warranted.

And damm Vader is god dam scary.
    She failed twice. Vader is not scary anymore - he lets shit slide if you have a back up plan - even if it relies on failure.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side