Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean.... can the Rock play anything else besides the Rock?
    I agree with this so much... I don't even know the character names of the roles he plays, everybody just refers to him as 'the Rock'.

He is just like Arnold and Sly, a current personification of 80s action hero gimmick. All of them are average actors with buff bodies and most importantly, a brand that sells. It doesn't matter though, the movies are designed to be a huge cash grab with little to none substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    shazam cameo, or end credits at least is a must

who is the villain?
    They have a spec ops or merc team finding him in his crypt or whatnot, and someone launched the rocket, so I assume someone dug him up for some reason and now the justice guys want to contain him.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I agree with this so much... I don't even know the character names of the roles he plays, everybody just refers to him as 'the Rock'.

He is just like Arnold and Sly, a current personification of 80s action hero gimmick. All of them are average actors with buff bodies and most importantly, a brand that sells. It doesn't matter though, the movies are designed to be a huge cash grab with little to none substance.
    Both Sly and Arnold though have a few hidden gems where they show off their acting ability such as it is. Nobody is going to claim they are Shakespearean thespians, but both of them CAN act when the right part comes along.

Sly obviously personified Rocky, and the first movie is still regarded as flat out cinema. Arnold is harder to find, but I personally loved him in End of Days. He did a very good job with that movie, even if alot of the heavy emotional lifting was done by other actors.

The Rock? eh..... maybe I just haven't seen anything he does well in. He's fluff and happy to be it and rich.

Intergang will appear in the movie, they're villains, probably minor ones though. Sabbac is also reportedly in the movie, and he's full-fledged villain. I'm guessing Black Adam and the JSA clash initially, then settle their differences to battle Sabbac.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    NGL I'm actually jacked for this movie. Looks a lot more badass than a lot of the Marvel stuff in the last decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Both Sly and Arnold though have a few hidden gems where they show off their acting ability such as it is. Nobody is going to claim they are Shakespearean thespians, but both of them CAN act when the right part comes along.

Sly obviously personified Rocky, and the first movie is still regarded as flat out cinema. Arnold is harder to find, but I personally loved him in End of Days. He did a very good job with that movie, even if alot of the heavy emotional lifting was done by other actors.

The Rock? eh..... maybe I just haven't seen anything he does well in. He's fluff and happy to be it and rich.
    I am not shitting on Arnold and Sly. Some movies they starred in are now considered classics. What I kind of like about those movies, is they were actually self-aware enough that it wasn't trying to sell as some 'high art'. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Rock movies on the other hand... I don't know, they are always trying to elavate it up to something it isn't. Maybe I don't get the sense humor or whatever. However whenever I see him talk about his roles, I am not so sure whether he is just kidding or being actually serious. Maybe it's the WWE thing, I just don't get it. Like it's trying to be super serious while not being serious at all, it's weird.

5+ Year Old Account

I am hoping Dr Fate cast a spell to make him not sound Egyptian at all.

We haven't seen much from the trailer they've released, but I'm getting a Tony Stark-esque vibe for Docter Fate, they want his helmet off and him personable out of battle scenes, then a "suit up" moment as battle happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    No need to post trailer on every page. I have seen it, it's odd, might be a reason why it's not glowing golden lightning bolt, he might not be at full power.
    Depending on what story they're going with, he's been hurtling through the cosmos for centuries before he crashes into Earth at a ridiculous speed. That's gonna rough him and especially his clothes up a little.

5+ Year Old Account
    See Best Look At Black Adam Movie Villain Sabbac.

https://screenrant.com/black-adam-vi...ys-first-look/
    BY RICHARD FINK - 4 HOURS AGO

A new look at the likely main villain for Black Adam has been revealed through the film's tie-in merchandise. Black Adam is set to open in theaters on October 21, 2022, and will feature Dwayne Johnson as the titular anti-hero. The film released its first trailer earlier this month to a very positive reception. In fact, the response was so favorable that Johnson even reacted on social media to show his appreciation for all the excitement over the Black Adam trailer.

The preview naturally focused on the titular character, but also highlighted the Justice Society members Doctor Fate, Hawkman, Atom-Smasher, and Cyclone. However, what was not shown was the film's villains. While not officially confirmed by Warner Bros., it is rumored that actor Marwan Kenzari, who played Jafar in 2019's Aladdin, will serve as the central villain, Sabbac. The first tease of the character came in the form of Funko Pop! figures for Black Adam back in May, but now a better look at the villain has been revealed.

McFarlane Toys has unveiled the best look at Sabbac yet in the form of a new action figure. The figure is part of the DC Multiverse line of 7-inch scale action figures and is available now for pre-order to be shipped out in August. The packaging on the box also offers details on the character, revealing he is the leader of Intergang: "Possessed by a demon, a military Intergang leader transforms into Sabbac, the only being whose powers are equal to those of Black Adam. Determined to take over Kahndaq and maybe the whole world, Sabbac must be stopped, and the fiercely autonomous Black Adam may need the help of some unlikely allies to outmatch him." Check out the figure below.

There have been multiple different iterations of Sabbac in the comics, with the first originating in February 1943 in the pages of Captain Marvel Jr., created by Otto Binder and Al Carreno. Similar to Shazam and Black Adam, Sabbac gets his powers by saying his name, which is an acronym for the six beings who empower him: the demons Satan, Aym, Belial, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, and Crateis. The character's demonic origins may help lay the groundwork for the upcoming Shazam! Fury of the Gods, which opens in theaters two months after Black Adam.

With the toy set to ship out in August, there is a good chance the character will be seen in live-action marketing material very soon. While Warner Bros. Discovery surprised many with its San Diego Comic-Con DC plans to not have a booth at the exhibit hall, there is still the chance of a Hall H panel, meaning a new trailer for Black Adam could be unveiled at San Diego Comic-Con, officially revealing the movie's villain. With an October release date, the character's demonic appearance likely is something the studio will steer into to make Black Adam a Halloween event picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Dwayne Johnson Seemingly Teases Black Adam Will Have a Superman Cameo.

https://screenrant.com/black-adam-mo...johnson-tease/
    BY COOPER HOOD - 2 HOURS AGO

Dwayne Johnson teases that Black Adam might have a Superman cameo after all. The DC Extended Universe is on the verge of finally introducing The Rock's titular anti-hero. He's been attached to play the character even before the DCEU began in 2013 with Man of Steel. And ever since Henry Cavill's version of Superman was introduced, there has been a strong interest from fans to see the Kryptonian hero meet Dwayne Johnson's DC character.

Black Adam's DCEU debut was pushed back several years after plans for him to be the villain in Shazam! were shelved in favor of giving him a solo movie instead. Black Adam's upcoming release in 2022 is the culmination of that journey, one which will see the powerful DC anti-hero reawaken in the modern-day. It is not yet confirmed how the movie ties to the larger DCEU, although some connections to Shazam! are expected. Other DC heroes are confirmed to appear thanks to the Justice Society of America playing a prominent role.

There is still a large contingent of DC fans who are holding out hope that Black Adam includes a surprise Superman cameo, too. Dwayne Johnson is now seemingly teasing that viewers will see the Man of Steel again in his DC movie. A fan recently responded to one of Johnson's tweets and mentioned how he wanted to see Superman and Black Adam share the screen. The Rock responded with a fairly encouraging remark. Regarding a possible Superman cameo in Black Adam, the actor mentioned how he always listens to the fans, saying, "I hear you & I always got you."

The hopes of Henry Cavill's Superman and Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam meeting in the upcoming movie have been around for years. Cavill and Johnson have posted several photos together during that time to get fans even more excited about the possibility. The fact that they both share the same agent (Johnson's former wife) has also left fans encouraged that they'll team up or fight eventually. However, Henry Cavill's DCEU future as Superman has repeatedly been called into question at the same time.

If Black Adam does include a Superman cameo, it would seem that Henry Cavill will be the one to play him. Warner Bros. and DC Films have gotten around using Cavill to bring the Man of Steel to life recently, though. Shazam! included a faceless Superman cameo, while Superman's silhouette in Peacemaker also did not require the Man of Steel star. Since WB and DC have multiple Superman projects in development, Black Adam could even be a place to debut a new Clark Kent actor. In any case, fans will know relatively soon whether or not Superman has a cameo in Black Adam.

Big Marvel Family enemy
    Satan
    Aym
    Belial
    Beelzebub
    Asmodeus
    Crateis
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2022-07-02 at 01:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Whos ready for the DC Hierarchy to be shaken to the core straight from the DC fandome

5+ Year Old Account
    new poster

Wtf is up with Dr Fates helmet?

Looks like he's been in a fight.

5+ Year Old Account
    New poster, possible new trailer soon..

5+ Year Old Account
    Black Adam | Official Trailer 2 | DC

DC
    Sep 9, 2022

There are heroes, there are villains and there is #BlackAdam. Only in theaters October 21.

The Justice League makes a completely unexpected appearance in new ‘Black Adam’ trailer

The new trailer for Black Adam features members of the Justice League and Harley Quinn, much to the surprise of many fans.