Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why should Pokemon suddenly start to have any voice acting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Why should any game start to have voice acting? They never had it and was never an issue
    Because it's jarring to watch cutscenes of realistically proportioned 3D models be animated as if they are having a conversation, but no sound is coming out of their mouth. If the devs wanted to avoid this dissonance then they should have stuck with the more abstracted 2D aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Gen 5 being the peak chaddiness it was, had sung lyrics in two of the GYM themes in BW2

All on the DS btw.
    Don't forget the old man singing on the village bridge!

Them not wanting to spend more on a bigger cart size.
    There are PS2 games that have full voice acting crammed into 5 GB discs. Switch cartridges can easily hold much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    There are PS2 games that have full voice acting crammed into 5 GB discs. Switch cartridges can easily hold much more than that.
    PS2 could also do dual layer at 8.5 gb for cheap af. Nintendo definitely saves money by using the smallest cart possible, but that still isn't a viable excuse when you factor in they also publish xenoblade games on those carts with ass loads of voice acting. Its just gamefreak always being decades behind like usual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    PS2 could also do dual layer at 8.5 gb for cheap af. Nintendo definitely saves money by using the smallest cart possible, but that still isn't a viable excuse when you factor in they also publish xenoblade games on those carts with ass loads of voice acting. Its just gamefreak always being decades behind like usual.
    Which was also often compromised with double digit reaolution textures, midi music, compressed audio which in the case of ff12 sounded like a dollar mic recorded in a back alley trash can

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Just going to say I can go the rest of my life without every listening to VA in games. Only in unskippable cut scenes. If there is an option to turn off voices, I always do. The reason, almost 100% of the time the voice the game uses never matches up with what I think the character sounds like and I can read the dialogue so much faster than the lines being delivered. Not to mention, most of the time VA is so uninspired or cringy, I'd rather not listen to it. This applies to all my favorite games that have VA as well. Id rather the budget be used elsewhere. I know I'm a small minority in this regard, but if Pokemon never has VA or keeps it to a very minimum, I'd be fine with it.
    Thats just selling the artists short before even given a chance.

Plenty of voice actors give depth to the characters personality.

Sakuna's voice actor in JuJutsu Kaizen is perfect and sells the image of someone truly arrogant and lords themselves over other life forms.

Theres thousands of mega talented voice actors in japan thanks to anime.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-06-08 at 10:14 PM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Sakuna's voice actor in JuJutsu Kaizen is perfect and sells the image of someone truly arrogant and lords themselves over other life forms.

Imagine RDR2 without Roger Clark voicing Arthur or Kratos without Chris Judge and just reading text instead. Would literally be an entirely different experience. Dude sounds like hes giving some boomer ass take from the old gens when serious actors never worked with video games and you got shitty VA. Nobody that listens to modern voice acting in games should be saying it's bad, games have better acting than most of the original shows made for streaming services these days.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-08 at 11:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine RDR2 without Roger Clark voicing Arthur or Kratos without Chris Judge and just reading text instead. Would literally be an entirely different experience. Dude sounds like hes giving some boomer ass take from the old gens when serious actors never worked with video games and you got shitty VA. Nobody that listens to modern voice acting in games should be saying it's bad, games have better acting then most of the original shows made for streaming services these days.
    Yeah good shout with Kratos.

"Boi" memes were everywhere.

If that was just written it would have seemed lazy

15+ Year Old Account
    Still stuck in xenoblade 3 se waiting room hell for the last 8 hours xd

I really don't care. I play games for the gameplay mostly. Story is a bonus, but if I can read it faster than it can be delivered, I'm skipping past the VA. I just don't care for it. Even the "good examples" do nothing for my experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine RDR2 without Roger Clark voicing Arthur or Kratos without Chris Judge and just reading text instead. Would literally be an entirely different experience. Dude sounds like hes giving some boomer ass take from the old gens when serious actors never worked with video games and you got shitty VA. Nobody that listens to modern voice acting in games should be saying it's bad, games have better acting than most of the original shows made for streaming services these days.
    Nah, people just have different tastes. I just don't care for VA in games.

- - - Updated - - -

Still stuck in xenoblade 3 se waiting room hell for the last 8 hours xd
    Sorry to hear. Got my 2 already.

Sorry to hear. Got my 2 already.
    >Doesn't care for story
    >Buys a RPG Collector Edition

Yeah good shout with Kratos.

"Boi" memes were everywhere.

If that was just written it would have seemed lazy
    I said the other day I would protest the god of war after ragnarok if they kill off Kratos, lol. I won't actually do it, but the idea is there. That's how much I love that VA, not character but VA! I really hope they don't pull a predictable ending and pass the torch.

I would expect a new Gen of Pokemon to never have VA because of the anime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    >Doesn't care for story
    >Buys a RPG Collector Edition
    They were worse to get than a ps5 or series x so my man refreshed the page for hours for it too

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    I would expect a new Gen of Pokemon to never have VA because of the anime.
    Why? The protagonist in the anime will always be Ash and everyone else appears anyways. In that case, they already have their voices for the anime aswell for most characters.
    Not like other games with series don't have voice acting. See Persona, God Eater or Dragonball for the reverse (anime turned game)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Why? The protagonist in the anime will always be Ash and everyone else appears anyways. In that case, they already have their voices for the anime aswell for most characters.
    Not like other games with series don't have voice acting. See Persona, God Eater or Dragonball for the reverse (anime turned game)
    with how ash is being treated in the current anime it doesnt feel like he is the MC anymore. Goh is.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Nah, people just have different tastes. I just don't care for VA in games.
    Nah you see I'm pretty sure people prefer all different kinds of acting so placing all game VAing in a single bubble and saying you don't care for it just comes across as a stubborn take unwilling to even give it a shot, not someone who is seriously critiquing it.

There is a reason VAing in video games is pretty serious these days and even has awards for it.

Nah you see I'm pretty sure people prefer all different kinds of acting so placing all game VAing in a single bubble and saying you don't care for it just comes across as a stubborn take unwilling to even give it a shot, not someone who is seriously critiquing it.

There is a reason VAing in video games is pretty serious these days and even has awards for it.
    Let's be real though, Pokemon voice acting will end up with Xenoblade 2 English kinda voice acting.

7+ Year Old Account
    More likely Pokemon will eventually come out with VA in another 10 years, act like its a brand new feature to take the IP to new heights.

But by then people will be asking for the next industry standard they are 15 years behind on and they are still selling two copies of the same game and havent been called up on it because "they've always done that!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Let's be real though, Pokemon voice acting will end up with Xenoblade 2 English kinda voice acting.
    One would think they'd let us change the VO language like any other game, but they still don't allow us to use proper units of measurement in English version Pokédex so I'm not holding out any hope for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Pokemon is localized in america by TPC(building right next to Nintendo of America), Xenoblade is localized in the UK by Nintendo UK I don't think they would be similar at all.

They can also just offer JP voice acting in all regions like almost every Japanese game does these days also /shrug.

They can also just offer JP voice acting in all regions like almost every Japanese game does these days also /shrug.
    They are unable to offer real measurement units in English language setting so I'll highly doubt they could offer choice on VO language.