Thread: Alt Gold Making

Alt Gold Making

Hello all. Just fishing around for useful information. Does anyone have ideas/suggestions for passive gold making? I use command tables with TLDR mission addons. I do callings as well. I'm just looking for more ideas.

I think it is a weird time in the expansion where player focus shifts. I think looking up some of the more valuable transmog stuff and farming spots for that comes in handy around this time as more people are looking less at player power and more at side achievements.

You hit the easy one already; SL mission tables earn me maybe 15k/day, same as late WoD. Wasn't really doable without tons of farming in the anima drought but now it's easy. Very happy dragonflight will not have a mission table at all.

For me AH play is passive. I just post/re-craft/buy mats. 60 mins a day at worst. I just have youtube or podcast while I chill. And no, its not hard to learn. WoW economy reddit, gl
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

That's a lot more effort than just refreshing missions but sure, works great. Really once I passed 20 million gold after buying the AH mount I saw no reason to put myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That's a lot more effort than just refreshing missions but sure, works great. Really once I passed 20 million gold after buying the AH mount I saw no reason to put myself out.
    After the absolute madness of "rank 7 day" every other gold making activity seems pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    For me AH play is passive. I just post/re-craft/buy mats. 60 mins a day at worst. I just have youtube or podcast while I chill. And no, its not hard to learn. WoW economy reddit, gl
    Honestly im not interested in golds anymore.. For real we need newer and better currency cuz those "golds" are outdated even i have couple characters gold capped and i have no desire to spend anything on wow anymore. No not even mounts or TCG mounts/items or achievements bs or whatever.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2022-06-26 at 07:42 PM.

You hit the easy one already; SL mission tables earn me maybe 15k/day, same as late WoD. Wasn't really doable without tons of farming in the anima drought but now it's easy. Very happy dragonflight will not have a mission table at all.
    really? I haven't been using it at all this expansion... fml

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    If you have 12 Chars (1 per Class) on max level:

12x3x~300/day
    = 12x900/day
    = 10,800g/day
    = 75,600g/week
    = 324,000g/month
    = 3,942,000g/year

But those are really low estimated numbers counting only 3 missions for 300g each day and not counting in Paragon-Chests from reputation, mats from chests etc. Also the whole system is self sustaining with anima, you don't need to farm a bit.

If i wouldn't be that endlessly lazy i would easly make 600k a month, maybe more.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Honestly im not interested in golds anymore.. For real we need newer and better currency cuz those "golds" are outdated even i have couple characters gold capped and i have no desire to spend anything on wow anymore. No not even mounts or TCG mounts/items or achievements bs or whatever.
    Well cant disagree with this, but I dont know the answer either. Gold is still valuable to me, always. Boosts fuels my needs for it. Still gonna prolly spend 4-5 million gold in SL...mythic sylv mount + S4 mythic+ boost...So even if you dont care about mounts etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    Mission tables scale really well with an army of alts, since it is so little time investment per day per alt. Log through all of them in the morning and evening (or even more often) and start missions.

But... it takes quite some time to get a mission table up and running, it's not something you decide to start today and reap millions tomorrow. Still not too late to get into it though.

Check out this to get started: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...hsKLOj7plsfAAh

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    But those are really low estimated numbers counting only 3 missions for 300g each day and not counting in Paragon-Chests from reputation, mats from chests etc. Also the whole system is self sustaining with anima, you don't need to farm a bit.
    You're lowballing quite a bit, I can't remember the last time I had a day making under 13k raw gold per day across 12 characters. Many days are 13-16k, roughly the same as I made back in WoD but much, much lower than Legion. I also sell the tradeskill mats but don't measure the profits. They can be substantial, but still nowhere near total income from Legion missions (I was making 35-45k gold/day in 7.3).

Finally, the anima is not self-sustaining unless you have rank 3 anima conductor on that alt or only do gold and anima missions. I guess you'd make back the cost of leveling up the conductor eventually, but it could take awhile.

the anima is not self-sustaining unless you have rank 3 anima conductor on that alt or only do gold and anima missions.
    It's not the conductor alone, you get a bonus If you level all buildings. All on 2 should be enough If you do all anima missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's not the conductor alone, you get a bonus If you level all buildings. All on 2 should be enough If you do all anima missions.
    No it's not. If you also do all the trade mats missions and are sending them twice per day you are roughly ~600 anima short per week, which means you either have to do at least one or better two world bosses to keep your anima income positive (or just send some anima from your mains every few weeks).

He was correct in that it isn't the conductor alone, you need to upgrade every covenant building to get each level of bonus anima.

I didn't level covenant buildings on any of my alts because I figured it would take minimum months to make that anima back, but I'll take your word on running short at level 2. It's very easy to get anima in ZM these days anyway, so doesn't seem worthwhile. I just take my main there every weekly reset to do weeklies and make a bunch of anima from bosses too. My main still has around 90k, when he runs short I guess I can always farm for it, or more likely drop to only doing raw gold missions because I'm extremely lazy.