Page 59 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Again, stop fucking making me repeat myself for fuck sake.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ater-financing

While Credova (the financier of Daniel Defense) claims to not have financed this specific purchase, Daniel Defense refuses to comment on whether they have financed the purchase or not (they could have done so by other means, such as credit cards or internal financing mechanisms). The "no comment" bit is essentially just an attempt to deflect legal liability. They are also being sued to release that information.

As Bloomberg notes financing has become widespread in the US gun market, both via direct financing, delayed payment programs and credit cards.

INSTEAD OF CONSTANTLY HINTING TO BULLSHIT CONSPIRACY THEORIES COULD YOU FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE DO SOME GOOGLING?

While the kid was 18, he was gainfully employed, probably had no outstanding financial obligations as he was living with his grandmother. Going out on a massive limb, assuming he spent 4k up front on the guns, that spread out on a 36 month payment plan would have amounted to about 112 to 115 dollar monthly payments, tho those numbers are probably more realistically in 2.5k range with 75ish monthly payments. Something even a snotty 18 year old could have easily gotten considering that once again...HE HAD A JOB.
    I dont need to google it, because I've personally used them in the past. No credit history means no credit means no approval.

Your limb is a bad one. We're talking closer to $10k in total. Much more than credova finances and much more than what he could have saved during his employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I dont need to google it, because I've personally used them in the past. No credit history means no credit means no approval.

Your limb is a bad one. We're talking closer to $10k in total. Much more than credova finances and much more than what he could have saved during his employment.
    And how exactly do you know that and where is that number coming from?

I provided links, it's your turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I provided links, it's your turn.
    Don't hold your breath. He did the same with me -- providing nothing but anecdotal info then demanding sources for increasingly further goalposts. All evidence points to someone not posting in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Yes, that’s the Daniel Defense receipt that the shooter sent to an online acquaintance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Yes, that’s the Daniel Defense receipt that the shooter sent to an online acquaintance.
    He's not wrong. He is alternatively right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I just can't. Who the fuck looks at that subhuman animal and goes....Yeah, I'll vote for him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Oh, and according to Rep Louie Gohmert, gun violence is happening because Democrats hate God, don't pray enough and want abortions...
    Gohmert needs to do everyone a favor and go headbutt a moving shinkansen. The role of "biggest retard in congress that spouts the most purposefully retarded shit" stopped being funny years ago.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Receiving training does not impart a legal duty. It's frankly ludicrous to think it does. If Uvalde wanted to make it policy, then they can take action by firing the officers involved for breaking policy. But that's not the same as a legal duty.

Again, you're just trying to twist reality to fit your narrative without respect for the facts of the matter.

No, you literally just ignored what was said and what's in the law. They acted with intent, yes. The end result of their actions likely helped protect the shooter. But their intent was not specifically to engender that outcome, and the law very clearly links the intent with the outcome.

Put simply, they didn't have a duty to confront the shooter, only a loose duty to "protect the public". In stopping parents from putting themselves in harm's way in a confrontation with the shooter, the police are quite literally fulfilling their duty to "protect the public". We may not like the outcome and believe that they should have acted differently, but unless you have audio of the police saying "Yeah, we want that guy to kill as many people as possible so we have to stop these parents from getting to him first!" then there's absolutely no case for accessory.

Sure I have. Your misreading of state law and your lack of understanding of what entails a legal duty don't make you right, they're just an embarrassment.

Why don't you go find some legal scholars who think that an accessory charge is warranted and post those links here for us, hmm?

Hey @cubby, you think Endus is an intelligent poster and never disingenuous, surely you agree with his "interpretation"?
    It's pretty clear you don't understand some of the words you're trying to use. Disingenuous is just one of them.

I can't have a conversation with you about this until you put your opinions on this out in the open. Why can't we just remove all guns aside from revolvers and bolt action rifles? Why does anyone NEED to own something else? And, if so, how is a 250 year old ambiguous "rule" justifying it?

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...investigation/

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said Wednesday that the Department of Justice’s investigation into the law enforcement response to the elementary school shooting in Uvalde won’t be criminal in nature.

Garland described the federal investigation as a “critical incident review,” which was done after other mass shootings such as in San Bernardino, California, and Orlando, Florida. The review will assess the law enforcement response and “give guidance for the future,” Garland said. The department will then produce a public report, which will include the investigation’s findings and recommendations.

“Nothing that these [investigators] can do can undo the terrible tragedy that occurred, and that we are just heartbroken about,” Garland said Wednesday. “But we can assess what happened and we can make recommendations for the future.”
    Because of course it's not criminal to simply not do your job as a cop, the DOJ investigation won't be criminal. Fine and all I guess, I just hope they can get to the bottom of how Uvalde school PD so monumentally failed and allowed 19 children and two adults (plus another who died of a heart attack following the death of his wife) to be massacred for over an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...investigation/

Because of course it's not criminal to simply not do your job as a cop, the DOJ investigation won't be criminal. Fine and all I guess, I just hope they can get to the bottom of how Uvalde school PD so monumentally failed and allowed 19 children and two adults (plus another who died of a heart attack following the death of his wife) to be massacred for over an hour.
    The "investigation" is gonna be absolute garbage. They'll make training recommendations, and maybe suggest a cop or two be fired, likely retaining pension and a fat severance package.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of course it's not criminal to simply not do your job as a cop, the DOJ investigation won't be criminal.
    Whoever sold him the murder weapons should be praying they crossed their t's and dotted their i's. If even a single regulation wasn't 100% followed, Biden's public ire will be weaponized.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It is. Insurance companies decide prices by, amongst other things, publicly-available risks. "They keep getting shot" would be on that list. It's the same reason it's legal to hike gas prices the very second Russia invades Ukraine when all the oil is already in the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, there's going to be some ugly-ass public optics when the gun store and/or bank want the remaining balance. "Grandma, I know our client shot you in the face...but we really want the rest of the money he owes us for the gun he used to shoot you in the face."

- - - Updated - - -

He was probably told there was an average American there. Or maybe his phone isn't working. I mean, he's used both as excuses already.
    Only thing is that the insurance company has to wait until the policy is to be renewed(usually it is yearly) before hiking rates. Same goes with auto insurance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's pretty clear you don't understand some of the words you're trying to use. Disingenuous is just one of them.

I can't have a conversation with you about this until you put your opinions on this out in the open. Why can't we just remove all guns aside from revolvers and bolt action rifles? Why does anyone NEED to own something else? And, if so, how is a 250 year old ambiguous "rule" justifying it?
    So... an ad hominem and a deflection.

Shame.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Great speech by Matthew McConaughey but i doubt it will do anything.
    Yep, he is a Hollywood Elite, even though Republicans are the only ones that have elected 2 Hollywood elites as president.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The "investigation" is gonna be absolute garbage. They'll make training recommendations, and maybe suggest a cop or two be fired, likely retaining pension and a fat severance package.
    The frustration you feel with the bullshit processes we have in place in the United States is very much shared by many. I wish some of the legal recourses you have suggested would be possible, and we'll see if they are, but it looks like at least for the moment any and all inquiries/investigation won't be of a criminal nature.

The fact that we know - KNOW - that the Uvalde Cowardly Chief of Police held back his troops while an active shooter was murdering children, and even some of those waiting officers were on the phone with people inside dying or being killed, is one of the most horrific things I've ever heard of.

The "man" should be indicted for contributory manslaughter and set to gen pop. But instead, he's now a Councilman. And people like WWPhuk-if-I-care don't understand how awful that is, just tells everyone in the world how fast the United States is dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    So... an ad hominem and a deflection.

Shame.
    Shame on you, in all aspects. You don't understand the word disingenuous, clearly. And if you do, and are just using it purposefully incorrectly, well, that's the ultimate irony. So which is it? Ignorant or hypocritical? Your choice, and either way, you lose.

But go on with your vitriol. I'll go ahead and post that PM you sent. S

hame indeed.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...-armed-survey/

A survey of nearly 4,000 K-12 teachers in Texas found that most do not want to be armed while in class or be expected to intercept a gunman at school, according to the state’s teachers union, which released its survey results Wednesday.

The Texas American Federation of Teachers sent an online questionnaire to its 65,000 members, which include public school teachers, support personnel and higher education employees, a week after an 18-year-old gunman killed 21 people — including 19 children — at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde. Soon after the shooting, Texas Republicans said the solution could be arming teachers.

A total of 5,100 members responded to the union’s survey, including 3,673 secondary school teachers. Of those K-12 teachers, 76% of them answered “no” when asked, “Do you want to be armed?” About 90% of all school employees who responded said they are worried about a shooting happening at their school.
    Just a reminder: Teachers don't want to be armed security guards. They're not paid enough, and that's now what they signed up for when they pursued a career in education, not security.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Fox New is going BIG on the "weed is making people into violent mass shooters" argument.

Which is, for anyone that's legally consumed marijuana products, a patently fucking hilarious concept. I'm ready for them to start unironically airing Reefer Madness as a documentary.
    To be fair, MOST people who consume the devil's lettuce just chill out and don't do anything, but there are a few select (who oddly enough, the only ones I've ever met like this are right wing) who just go full paranoid delusional. Imagine some right wing nutjob like that getting their hands on weed. They're already paranoid and delusional as it is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder: Teachers don't want to be armed security guards.
    I'll keep saying it while it keeps being true, Texas has a system in place that allows teachers to be armed school martials. 350,000 teachers in Texas, 256 signed up. 99.9%+ don't want to be part of that program.

And as others have pointed out, even if there was motivation, which there isn't, but even if there was, then comes the cost of the gun(s), armor, and ammo; the time and cost of training them (or, I guess they could put untrained civilians in a room full of children with a gun they can't use); and then there's insurance.

However, I do hope a few teachers in Texas do join up riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight around the time Abbott's surprise unannounced inspections happen. Because I can't wait to see how that plays out.

"But Breccia! They might miss each other and hit a child!"

Yes, two advocates of guns in school to keep children from harm killing a child in the crossfire. It'd be tragic, but maybe, finally, even Texas would shut the fuck up about this horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Oh..so you continue to prove the point that you don't know anything. Other than shitting rhetoric like a libertarian cluelessly chiming in that if we all do something everything will be roses and song.
    You keep repeating the same innate nonsense, you're a vapid object. Even though it might seem paradoxical, if you want to achieve anything you have to put your skin in the game and act. And despite the fact that most of your success depends entirely on chance, if you don't act you don't achieve anything. You can keep screaming republicans do bad things. but as long as you do not act, you are enabling their bad behavior. .The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Arguably good men who do nothing are just sacks of shit.

And yet again YOU are here whining like a little bitch, while children in YOUR nations children are getting murdered every week.

You're suffering from defeatism

ps: have you guys ever considered slide locks? saw a vid of a teacher showing how to block a door with a simple chair, but 10 slide locks are a lot cheaper then a single chair.
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2022-06-09 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    ps: have you guys ever considered slide locks?
    The type of lock is irrelevant if it doesn't work. Which, in this case, it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The type of lock is irrelevant if it doesn't work. Which, in this case, it didn't.
    I know, it wasn't entirely fair on my part, a lock isn't in anyway shape or form a solution to this problem. I was merely pointing out the meaningless and vapid attempts by the general American populace to stem this problem in the face of overwhelming objections from lawmakers frozen in time and sense.