Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Is this how traditional gaming dies? There is no way other game companies arent looking at lost ark and this game and not noticing the obscene amount of money streamers spend on these games for "content". This is way past whaling, why spend millions on a traditional game when you can make low budget garbage with gambling mechanics and have streamers pay you for advertising it pulling in more gambling addicts.
    The problem is that with this format you have to keep players engaged. If you aren't constantly providing new content players will eventually stop playing and your revenue will dry up.

It's still better to sell most games at a flat cost, especially if you don't plan for post release content.

I guess you could hope to make alot of money in the first month or so then let it die but that'd be a hell of a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Nice strawman argument there, it never takes much time for people like you to pop out and start arguing about if companies are allowed to earn money when that is never the point of the discussion. If you think this watered down diablo game is "quality" and want it to be staple for future games, go you. The rest of us are happy enough to pay 60 dollars/euros for a feature complete game that does not ask us to open our wallets every five minutes, and I rather not that go away in favor of your "quality" mobile games.
    "Watered down"? Money speaks - it's the most played mobile game. Blizzard doesn't exist to create free games for you.

I'm honestly glad, that there are people funding D4, WoW etc. And I rather pay money to Blizzard than many other companies(a bit savage).

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    The game itself is quality. They are charging you to play, for a game that might be the most iconic franchise ever made.

Immortal might even cash in all the mistakes they been doing recently. Maybe this is the way Blizzard will survive. Who knows?

Just give me one reason, why they shouldn't earn money.
    No one is saying they shouldn't earn money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not tend to watch Quin so I don't know him well enough, but if he is doing it to highlight he problem while keeping everyone informed of the monetization in the game then I have no issue with him doing that, he has the money he can do that. But if he is doing that while being okay and enabling the practice then thats a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Isnt that the guy that screamed 'where are the eels' while failing at ffxiv raids?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    Still living rent free I see.

Oh thats him?? I honestly though he got way too much hate for that. and only proved the FF communities toxicity. He obviously didn't like the game from the get go and it wasnt for him, the very same way I didn't like the game.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-06-09 at 01:30 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Community wants:

1)Release one of the most iconic games on mobile.
    2)Reach 5M download just on mobile devices not counting in Bnet.

How should Blizzard earn money:
    1)WoW subs are enough for us to sustain all maintance, development, marketing etc.
    2)The community knows because they are all game devs, buisness managers and people with insight in macros at Blizzard.

"Watered down"? Money speaks - it's the most played mobile game. Blizzard doesn't exist to create free games for you.
    He wasn't asking for free games. Geesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    He wasn't asking for free games. Geesh.
    I can argue with that 0.69$ monthly subfee for all the goodies, would still release this shitstorm.

Community is mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I do not tend to watch Quin so I don't know him well enough, but if he is doing it to highlight he problem while keeping everyone informed of the monetization in the game then I have no issue with him doing that, he has the money he can do that. But if he is doing that while being okay and enabling the practice then thats a problem
    How are people so easily taken in by this stuff?

They're not doing it out of some altruistic nonsense to help everyone see the evils of the system.

That is where you have the problem - the community itself. Blizzard is just earning thier money, why would they even care. Why should any other game charge money, and they shouldn't.
    Blizzard hatewagon is out of control for many years. In many cases this is deserved (especially after what we found out last year), but many times people shit on Blizzard that they are worst and expect completely different standards than rest of gaming world.

Just look at Bethesda with Blades and Fallout76 (not to mention ESO has paid expansions, optional abonament, vast shop AND loot boxes). Or how big is FF14 shop compared to WoW (with same business model). Or how gaming messiah Rockstar approach remaster of cult classics.

I think microtransactions, abonament or some combination of these two (like WoW with cheap abonament and 20$ store cosmetics every ~4 months) are fine on small scale, especially if it's cosmetics stuff, earnable in game in reasonable time and game is supported. I would welcome cosmetic store in Diablo III if we got new areas/monsters instead just new seasons.

But what's going on Immortal is just unacceptable. I think this is moment that law should intervene like in Belgium/Netherlands. Empty bitching solves nothing. If someone want actively fight against this model, should not buy anything from shop, watch intentional or unintentional promotion and God forbid pay any money to some e-celeb that spend them later on this abomination (of course I mean business model, not game). Instead better contact your lawmaker if you live in normal country.

I can argue with that 0.69$ monthly subfee for all the goodies, would still release this shitstorm.

Community is mental.
    If you are constantly misreading purposely or not - it sure is mental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    How are people so easily taken in by this stuff?

They're not doing it out of some altruistic nonsense to help everyone see the evils of the system.
    well i don't know, I don't watch the guy... I barely watch any streamers lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah - let's all play games that doesn't cost money. Let's teach the industry a lesson.
    Gigantic difference between more expensive games and predatory shit like Diablo Immortal. There are several segments of the industry who release excellent games without the money-hungry shit Blizzard pulled with Immortal. It's not a Industry problem.

This is not about teaching a lesson, it's about players avoiding shitty games.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Gigantic difference between more expensive games and predatory shit like Diablo Immortal. There are several segments of the industry who release excellent games without the money-hungry shit Blizzard pulled with Immortal. It's not a Industry problem.

This is not about teaching a lesson, it's about players avoiding shitty games.
    You seem to fail understanding basics in buisness(and i'm elementary school dropout).

Here is the thing - they can charge that - AND THEY SHOULD - because they created this game. People pays it and it helps funding other Blizzard games.

If you don't have the money - go play something else.

If only all this money they make actually went into d4 but it won't sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Blizzard hatewagon is out of control for many years. In many cases this is deserved (especially after what we found out last year), but many times people shit on Blizzard that they are worst and expect completely different standards than rest of gaming world.

Just look at Bethesda with Blades and Fallout76 (not to mention ESO has paid expansions, optional abonament, vast shop AND loot boxes). Or how big is FF14 shop compared to WoW (with same business model). Or how gaming messiah Rockstar approach remaster of cult classics.

I think microtransactions, abonament or some combination of these two (like WoW with cheap abonament and 20$ store cosmetics every ~4 months) are fine on small scale, especially if it's cosmetics stuff, earnable in game in reasonable time and game is supported. I would welcome cosmetic store in Diablo III if we got new areas/monsters instead just new seasons.

But what's going on Immortal is just unacceptable. I think this is moment that law should intervene like in Belgium/Netherlands. Empty bitching solves nothing. If someone want actively fight against this model, should not buy anything from shop, watch intentional or unintentional promotion and God forbid pay any money to some e-celeb that spend them later on this abomination (of course I mean business model, not game). Instead better contact your lawmaker if you live in normal country.
    I can promise you this:

Somebody at Blizzard been calculating following -

We should make it so, that capping gear should cost 100K. We have the product, market and the tools for it. It's not random - it's calculated and it's expected - that somebody will pay that 100K.

Why shouldn't they do it?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the thing - they can charge that
    Good for them, it's a shitty practice, which is why it's being heavily negatively criticized, and also it's why people should avoid the game.

You can say "oooooooh but it's alloweeeed" and whatever, it's irrelevant - in the general opinion, it made Diablo Immortal a bad game.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, that is fairly common with most mobile games. This is why so many were critical with Blizz going down this path.

And just because it's common doesn't mean it is healthy or good. With Blizz getting into this gambling game, the only good thing that might happen is that the mobile game industry gets a stronger spotlight put on it.

Micro-transactions were fine, if not still a bit questionable, when it was just about cosmetics. The P2W scheme has been getting increasingly obnoxious each year. The fact that D:I is $110k to max out a character (or 10 years of grinding) demonstrates how insanely far this has gone.

I can promise you this:

Somebody at Blizzard been calculating following -

We should make it so, that capping gear should cost 100K. We have the product, market and the tools for it. It's not random - it's calculated and it's expected - that somebody will pay that 100K.

Why shouldn't they do it?
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-immortal

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Good for them, it's a shitty practice, which is why it's being heavily negatively criticized, and also it's why people should avoid the game.

You can say "oooooooh but it's alloweeeed" and whatever, it's irrelevant - in the general opinion, it made Diablo Immortal a bad game.
    I don't see why people should avoid the game, just because you disagree?

Read this and get some insight instead.
    https://medium.com/shopify-gaming/mo...y-f7f3375dd959

TLDR: Mobile games are funded by the 5% of the playerbase(Streamers, youtubers whatever). It's not for you and me in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    https://medium.com/shopify-gaming/mo...y-f7f3375dd959

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why people should avoid the game
    It's irrelevant if you think people should play the game. I and other people in the thread think the game is bad and should be avoided.

It's tremendously simple yet you keep being unable to understand it.