Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's irrelevant if you think people should play the game. I and other people in the thread think the game is bad and should be avoided.

It's tremendously simple yet you keep being unable to understand it.
    It's irrelevant what I think, but it's not true for you.

Case lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Understand that Immortal and the Classic Diablo franchise is not the same thing. Stop comparing.

They made the game for 5%, who will pay a lot of money. And the last 95% of the people are confused as F.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    I don't see why people should avoid the game, just because you disagree?

Read this and get some insight instead.
    https://medium.com/shopify-gaming/mo...y-f7f3375dd959

TLDR: Mobile games are funded by the 5% of the playerbase(Streamers, youtubers whatever). It's not for you and me in general.

- - - Updated - - -

https://medium.com/shopify-gaming/mo...y-f7f3375dd959
    How did you assume we/I didn't know about whaling?

- - - Updated - - -

They made the game for 5%, who will pay a lot of money. And the last 95% of the people are confused as F.
    Nope, we are not confused about the income model.. You still don't get it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can promise you this:

Somebody at Blizzard been calculating following -

We should make it so, that capping gear should cost 100K. We have the product, market and the tools for it. It's not random - it's calculated and it's expected - that somebody will pay that 100K.

Why shouldn't they do it?
    Slavery was also profitable. Ok, too extreme example. Selling alcohol or cigarettes with low taxes but without resctrictions or even warning label was far more profitable.

I'm not saying it wasn't calculated move by Blizzard (especially since they are pretty late to party), I'm saying it's wrong predatory practice. That's why changing law is way, especially when it's fay easier to ban this. People won't make moonshine Diablo Immortals in their basements.

It's irrelevant what I think, but it's not true for you.
    I think they're just saying "you do you and I'll do me, since this is likely an impasse" not "my opinion matters more than yours."

They've clearly outlined exactly why they think people should avoid it. Just because you disagree with their reasoning doesn't mean they aren't justified in thinking it.

I think people should avoid it because it's more likely to get me what I want. If this type of thing continues to be as wildly successful as it has been in recent years, my preferred style of monetization will go extinct. Since I'm selfish, I want everyone on my side instead of on whatever braindead side it is that's happy just getting to experience the leveling part of the game, taking table scraps. Is this how poor people view life? They're happy to just eek out an existence and just get to live AT ALL while other people get to experience life richly?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Gigantic difference between more expensive games and predatory shit like Diablo Immortal. There are several segments of the industry who release excellent games without the money-hungry shit Blizzard pulled with Immortal. It's not a Industry problem.

This is not about teaching a lesson, it's about players avoiding shitty games.
    Ironically though you can play most of what D:I has to offer without paying a penny. Don't need to buy slots to play other classes, don't need to pay to unlock campaign chapters, don't have a cap on how much you can level. The headline-grabbing huge amounts are just for e-peen wavers with more money than sense and streamers trying to harvest outrage clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Ironically though you can play most of what D:I has to offer without paying a penny. Don't need to buy slots to play other classes, don't need to pay to unlock campaign chapters, don't have a cap on how much you can level. The headline-grabbing huge amounts are just for e-peen wavers with more money than sense and streamers trying to harvest outrage clicks.
    Yep, but some people just can't grasp that. They keep talking as if they're being mind-controlled or something.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    This topic is funny to me.
    It's their time, their money, and their prerogative.
    If someone wants to watch a streamer, donate money to that streamer, then watch that streamer spend it on loot boxes, that's their business.
    This ain't my cup of tea, but apparently it's a hobby of a shitload of other people.
    Good for them, I guess.
    /shrug

Oh, and the commentary about how it's ruining the gaming industry.
    And? What are you or anyone here going to do about it?
    Shut down Twitch and somehow make it culturally inappropriate to watch others play games?
    Shit ain't going away and game devs will more often than not choose the path of least resistance, which is instead of putting out a painstakingly difficult and time-and-cost-consuming product, they will cut corners, throw in a shittly lotto system, then laugh at the critique from their yachts.
    Does it suck? Sure.
    Can we change it? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Does it suck? Sure.
    Can we change it? Nope.
    You say this like we don't have numerous examples EVEN WITHIN THE LAST FEW YEARS of social pressure and outrage causing companies to change their shit... like... cmon...

It's clear that social pressure and discourse can sometimes change enough peoples' minds or draw enough attention to an issue that something is done.

"Hurr durr, guess we all just have to sit back and take whatever comes our way!" No. We don't. Yes, we can change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    idd. Singleplayer stuff is mostly fine. But pvp is going to a different ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Slavery was also profitable. Ok, too extreme example. Selling alcohol or cigarettes with low taxes but without resctrictions or even warning label was far more profitable.

I'm not saying it wasn't calculated move by Blizzard (especially since they are pretty late to party), I'm saying it's wrong predatory practice. That's why changing law is way, especially when it's fay easier to ban this. People won't make moonshine Diablo Immortals in their basements.
    From that perspective - Netflix should be free(because ethical reasons).

Or -

Outsource Blizzard to India, so the game essentially becomes "free" to create. Nice reverse slavery.

From that perspective - Netflix should be free(because ethical reasons).

Or -

Outsource Blizzard to India, so the game essentially becomes "free" to create. Nice reverse slavery.
    Nope. Wrong perspective. wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Nope. Wrong perspective. wtf?
    Well - somebody has to pay the devs(i.e a whole department unit with marketing, HR etc.)? Solve that?

Well - somebody has to pay the devs(i.e a whole department unit with marketing, HR etc.)? Solve that?
    Devs weren't paid before microtransactions were introduced?

Devs weren't paid before microtransactions were introduced?
    WoW subs still pays the check for 4.700 employees at Blizzard(not to mention the entire server tech). Thank you for clarification.

WoW subs still pays the check for 4.700 employees at Blizzard. Thank you for clarification.
    And wow players can pay to get gear advantage?

And wow players can pay to get gear advantage?
    Yes and no - you can buy boost, but that's not relevant.

I'm trying to solve the community problem:

The game should be 10 years ahead of it's time, but shouldn't cost money(can't help but poke on the slavery comment you made). I'm really curious how to get around this.

Yes and no - you can buy boost, but that's not relevant.
    The question was about gear? yes or no?
    I trying to solve the community problem:

The game should be 10 years ahead of it's time, but shouldn't cost money(can't help but poke on the slavery comment you made). I'm really curious how to get around this.
    I don't think anyone mentioned it shouldn't make money.
    And no. That was not my comment about slavery. I made the comments about you lacking basic reading skills. (Thank you for showcasing my point).

idd. Singleplayer stuff is mostly fine. But pvp is going to a different ballgame.
    I get why p2w mechanics can make PvP games less fun, but I also have very little sympathy for people who play games like Diablo expecting a balanced PvP experience.

I don't think anyone mentioned it shouldn't make money.
    And no. That was not my comment about slavery. I made the comments about you lacking basic reading skills.
    It is obviously the problem. I'm certain that D4 will be pay once and maybe pay for a tmog.

Immortal is just not a game for you and I.

They rely on somebody will pay up the 100K(and they will - and they will post a vid). Good for Blizzard if it works out, they should earn all the money for creating this franchise.

Literally all of these P2W aspects were known before launch. Anyone who plays this game and gives them money has no reason to complain. 10 seconds of google searching would have given you all the answers.

This is why I hate mobile "gaming". 99% of the the "games" are loot boxes, p2w predatory trash. Yet people keep supporting them and handing over millions of dollars. I don't even hate the companies making the games, I wish I had the knowledge to make a game to catch me a few whales to retire on. I hate the whales supporting this trash that has allowed it to get to this point.

If WoW ever goes F2P im uninstalling and never looking back.