Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It is obviously the problem. I'm certain that D4 will be pay once and maybe pay for a tmog.

Immortal is just not a game for you and I.

They rely on somebody will pay up the 100K(and they will - and they will post a vid). Good for Blizzard if it works out, they should earn all the money for creating this franchise.
    So obvious that you making up an argument that no one used?

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Is this how traditional gaming dies? There is no way other game companies arent looking at lost ark and this game and not noticing the obscene amount of money streamers spend on these games for "content". This is way past whaling, why spend millions on a traditional game when you can make low budget garbage with gambling mechanics and have streamers pay you for advertising it pulling in more gambling addicts.

Nope, this isn't a new concept at all. It is also not infinitely sustainable. There are only so many whales to go around, once they are all dead...

Traditional gaming isn't going anywhere. Certain companies are desperately trying to poison it with Loot Boxes though they are being met with heavy resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    So obvious that you making up an argument that no one used?
    You know the market is 80BN $. Blizzard should earn every single coin, so we can get more funding for the games.

Mobile market is known for this. It's a different ballpark. They are seriously creating games for whales and they don't care about the rest. It's a known fact and it proved to work.

So many streamers, youtubers actively ignores this - even though they know it. The general trend is, the more you hate on Blizzard, the more popular you get.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-06-09 at 02:44 PM.

You know the market is 80BN $. Blizzard should earn every single coin, so we can get more funding for the games.

Mobile market is known for this. It's a different ballpark.

So many streamers, youtubers actively ignores this - even though they know it. Drama = more clicks.
    Yes, we know. But that has nothing to do with anything we discussed. Can you scroll a few messages back and try again.

Yes, we know. But that has nothing to do with anything we discussed. Can you scroll a few messages back and try again.
    Can you be more specific?

Quinn got 100k$ worth of marketing for only 6k$ investments

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    It's hilarious seeing people donate with messages telling streamers NOT to spend money on P2W stuff... not realising this is all a return/investment strategy to get even more viewers / profit. How dense are people? These streamers aren't losing money, they're making money thanks to you.

This is the price of content that gets people addicted (though maybe not so much in this case), we used to have tons of CSGO streamers which never really played the game but ONLY bought keys to open cases. Remember the scammer phantomL0rd? all he did was open cases in CSGO too... same thing what's going on here.

The real people losing money are those that spend money and don't get anything in return (unlike these streamers). Anyways, keep donating telling them to stop spending money on P2W when you are providing them with money to do so in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Fun View Post
    Quinn got 100k$ worth of marketing for only 6k$ investments
    97.1k views is 100k of marketing? Does that paltry viewership even return the 6k?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    97.1k views is 100k of marketing? Does that paltry viewership even return the 6k?
    >Paltry

You realise everytime he makes multiple Millions a year doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    >Paltry

You realise everytime he makes multiple Millions a year doing it right?
    My question is : how. The only people on youtube making millions a year are also getting hundreds of millions of views on a massive amount of videos. How is streaming that much more lucrative? Are there really that many people buying fucking subs just to watch these morons?

TIL Quin is from NZ and not Australia

- - - Updated - - -

He makes millions every year. He'll be fine.

My question is : how. The only people on youtube making millions a year are also getting hundreds of millions of views on a massive amount of videos. How is streaming that much more lucrative? Are there really that many people buying fucking subs just to watch these morons?
    Yes.
    A friend of mine has an average of like 30-50 viewers but his monthly subs are about 200ish at all times and have been for 2 years or so by now.
    His top donator gifted 1200 subs

There are basically "whales" for streamers

I suppose I just shouldn't be surprised by this type of stuff any more. My willingness to pay someone like a streamer for entertainment like that is directly tied to what type of lifestyle they have. Small streamer I love who's struggling to make ends meet? Sure. I'd probably give them some charity (note: I don't watch streams because I can't stand living vicariously, but I digress). Big streamer with megasuper setup, tons of income, living better than me making me feel like a dweeb for working a real job that takes a brain instead of sitting in front of a camera playing fucking video games all day? They ain't getting shit. I don't care how much I enjoy their content.

I'm very competitive about everything (up-to-and-including just general "living") and I'm also spiteful.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2022-06-09 at 03:59 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I just shouldn't be surprised by this type of stuff any more. My willingness to pay someone like a streamer for entertainment like that is directly tied to what type of lifestyle they have. Small streamer I love who's struggling to make ends meet? Sure. I'd probably give them some charity (note: I don't watch streams because I can't stand living vicariously, but I digress). Big streamer with megasuper setup, tons of income, living better than me making me feel like a dweeb for working a real job that takes a brain instead of sitting in front of a camera playing fucking video games all day? They ain't getting shit. I don't care how much I enjoy their content.

I'm very competitive about everything (up-to-and-including just general "living") and I'm also spiteful.
    Well at least you can admit it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And wow players can pay to get gear advantage?
    Even worse, they can only buy lootboxes with gear, not gear directly.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Even if they charged 0.69$ sub fee per month for little bit extra, we would still end up in this situation.
    Sub is a horrendous argument as its outdated and doesn't serve a purpose anymore. It's literally just free money because "thats the way its always been".
    There's no argument to make for the current sub fee... It should be free.

Imagine giving streamers your money cuz you want to watch their fakey actions. Okkkkkkkkkay, do what you do. I dunno about that streamer that spent 10k but honestly.. what the fuck is so interesting about it? Ohhhhhhhh, he got nothing and etc. What else is new anymore? Lol?

Streamer - Englisch
    Englisch - Streamer

I Spend a tons of money for stupid things = I spend money for some Attention
    I spend money for some Attention = I Spend a tons of money for stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Isnt that the guy that screamed 'where are the eels' while failing at ffxiv raids?
    Yep, that's the one, guy has an IQ lower than average room temperature... in Celsius...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paying streamers for streaming a game - Super OK
    Paying the game devs for developing the game - Totes UNOK.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side