Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Can you buy the exact amount of orbs you need, even if you use the smallest scale purchase, which you'd never click 100 times in the first place even if you ignore overpaying - which is actually the reason why he mentioned it
    How will you do the purchase?
    Ooh actually you can buy 150 of the basic packs to get the exactly 9000 you need for the 50 Crests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    No need, especially if in condescending manner.
    Video games make you feel like a victim or a pet. That's sad as they generally make me feel happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

Video games make you feel like a victim or a pet. That's sad as they generally make me feel happy.
    Let me explain:
    - If whale want to help other, non whale players you would be treated by him a kin to a pet. Here, dont struggle, i help you, have some bon... i mean item i dont need.
    - If whale want to hinder you, he will make playing against him unfun experience, unless you like being in the receving end of a stick.

Hence, pets and victims. Explaining is blunt and stripped of nuance to easier show what im trying to say.

Never also said i feel that way.

Ooh actually you can buy 150 of the basic packs to get the exactly 9000 you need for the 50 Crests.

- - - Updated - - -

You need 8000

Let me explain:
    - If whale want to help other, non whale players you would be treated by him a kin to a pet. Here, dont struggle, i help you, have some bon... i mean item i dont need.
    - If whale want to hinder you, he will make playing against him unfun experience, unless you like being in the receving end of a stick.

Hence, pets and victims. Explaining is blunt and stripped of nuance to easier show what im trying to say.

Never also said i feel that way.
    So that is just how you imagine other people feel, but it doesn't apply to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Weezull View Post
    They have to be a victim because otherwise that would imply they have personal responsibility.
    If someone tried selling drugs to people at a AA meeting are they victims or is it thier fault because you shouldn't do drugs

Yes but there claim is you can't buy other increments which isn't true in my region.
    For example, you want to buy something which costs 1100 orbs.
    You cannot buy the exact 1100 orbs with real money.
    There are a few bundles which near 1100 orbs.

Whatever it is, you have some leftover orbs after you spend the real money.
    You will try to use the leftover orbs. Then find out that you have to buy more bundles to use that left over. Then it continues ...

Nearly all gacha games allow you to gain the premium currency by playing the game or doing some special events.
    Some games give $50 to $100 worth of premium currency on the launch day, and $20 per month.
    A few lucky F2P players may win the gacha.

Diablo Immortal is not a standard Gacha game.
    If you don't spend money, you don't even have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Toxicity breeds engagement and views. The more outrage the better. It’s the same principle that makes this thread a low information zone. People are ramping up the outrage to get attention. It’s a known thing and works for nearly everything on every kind of social media you can imagine.
    I totally understand clickbaity stuff, but a lot of the stuff I've seen has been real information based on real math or real experiences.

Nothing at all like the clickbaity drama stuff that you'd find on Keemstar's channel.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I totally understand clickbaity stuff, but a lot of the stuff I've seen has been real information based on real math or real experiences.

Nothing at all like the clickbaity drama stuff that you'd find on Keemstar's channel.
    Understanding and not falling for it are two different things. That's like saying "I know how ads work" and thinking that they don't work on you.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

So that is just how you imagine other people feel, but it doesn't apply to you?
    This is how the dynamic of whales and non whales play out.
    I dont play whale hunting games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Understanding and not falling for it are two different things. That's like saying "I know how ads work" and thinking that they don't work on you.
    I'd like to think that most ads don't work on me, but on my life if they don't stop showing ads for hamburgers at 11pm I am gonna sue someone.

They are exploiting my late night munchies and weakness to hamburgers!

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You need 8000
    Then you'll probably always end up 10 or so over.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not true, that's just your kinky fantasy. In most cases whales and free players cooperate. Because both groups need each other.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    For example, you want to buy something which costs 1100 orbs.
    You cannot buy the exact 1100 orbs with real money.
    There are a few bundles which near 1100 orbs.

Whatever it is, you have some leftover orbs after you spend the real money.
    You will try to use the leftover orbs. Then find out that you have to buy more bundles to use that left over. Then it continues ...

Nearly all gacha games allow you to gain the premium currency by playing the game or doing some special events.
    Some games give $50 to $100 worth of premium currency on the launch day, and $20 per month.
    A few lucky F2P players may win the gacha.

Diablo Immortal is not a standard Gacha game.
    If you don't spend money, you don't even have a chance.
    Wouldn't you use the leftover orbs to buy materials for reforging or platinum, save them for cosmetics if you think they are worth the cost?

Also they guy I stated replying to said you could only buy Crests in packs of 45 which is blatantly untrue.

- - - Updated - - -

I just kill demons dude, I don't have the same issues as you.

Claiming that someone's is preying on someone's weakness to get them to give you huge amounts of money is just a claim.
    And it is a claim that is backed up by the design of the game, which operates exactly as I described. Not every MTX game works this way. Only the predatory ones do. Even Hearthstone doesn't do this. The rewards in hearthstone are consistent. They don't dramatically slow down to push you to buy things. They also have substantial bad luck protection built in and achieving a full collection isn't even that expensive if you do it just with MTX. DI contains absolutely none of these mitigation measures. The design is clearly to manipulate people into spending incredibly large amounts of money.

At this point, your argument is indistinguishable from "You can't prove the leaders of Scientology are intentionally manipulating people!" I don't need a sworn affidavit from the leader of the Church of Scientology to see the clear amount of manipulation in the design of the church. Nihilism and skepticism aren't the same thing. The latter is reasonable. The former, which is what you re engaging in, is for edgy 13 year olds.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I mean, who would you say is actually legitimately making click bait YouTube stuff based on farming the hatred?
    I know basically every single video past the initial one from Bellular seems like it's been pretty clickbaity, but most other people I've seen are just sorta giving legitimate reviews.

I just kill demons dude, I don't have the same issues as you.
    It is about principles, I choose not to support predatory practices, even by giving games with them my time. This is not something that need to tried or played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    And it is a claim that is backed up by the design of the game, which operates exactly as I described.
    No, it's not, that's another claim based on your subjective opinion about the deign of the game. You are like one of those blind wisemen fondling the elephant's balls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I mean, who would you say is actually legitimately making click bait YouTube stuff based on farming the hatred?
    All of them. That's the source of their revenue.
    Even Veritasium, who doesn't do games, he even did a video on why he does it, because it works.

No, it's not, that's another claim based on your subjective opinion about the deign of the game. You are like one of those blind wisemen fondling the elephant's balls.
    The way the game works is not a subjective opinion. It is a fact.

You tell me: What is the design purpose of loot boxes that you can spend literally $10,000+ on and not get the thing you need?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    I'd like to think that most ads don't work on me,
    Only those that are targeting your demographic, same as with anybody.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes but there claim is you can't buy other increments which isn't true in my region.
    The $100 one is the highest package. From what I understand their point was you can't buy in multiples of 50 which kicks in the bad luck protection. So in order to get that bad luck protection when buying you have to buy the $100 currency package plus another currency package. I personally don't see anything wrong with that but it is a trick to get more $$. Though I'm not sure if they publicize the bad luck protection in-game so it isn't one a customer would fall for out of ignorance.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."