Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    They need to bring back something like "Troves of the Thunder King" from MoP.

It was a solo gold run thru a mini dungeon that you could do once a week i think (or whenever you found one of those keys from doing open world content on isle of thunder).
    Agreed. Troves was a ton of fun, they definitely should bring more content like it. Also, removing it was a great mistake imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Yeah - it doesn't say Massive Soloplay Online. Next.
    Ooh, can I join in?

"Yeah - it also doesn't say Massive (All Content Requires 40 People) Online either. Next."

Not surprised OP was shouted down by the "this is an MMO!" crowd. Ignoring the fact that almost every other MMO in the market right now has far better solo progression than WoW and people generally like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I'm saying good solo content works and does exist in WoW, and there could be more
    Okay, but all I said was that Island Expeditions were a horrendous failure.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Fun fact is the main focus is still on group gameplay. Premade group gameplay. And contrary to TBC or WotLK, there is no raid level gear for solo players available anymore and surely no kind of gearing progression at all outside of some welfare epics.

The fun parts of WoW gameplay, including gearing progression, including gameplay that matters, are all hid behind schedules and "groups of friends", how blizzards PR calls their wet dream of a relentless meritocracy.

Does anyone really want to tell me world quests are fun? Or LFR? Or heroic dungeons? Especially as last do not offer gear you need and are outgeared by world quest reswards you also do not need for anything?

The focus is clearly on raids and mythic+. That is all that counts for the devs. Hazzikostas gives a shit about solo players and wants them to buy tokens for boosting services. The devs will change that in Dragonflight so solo players should buy crafting services from raiders for token gold.
    Rather contradictionary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Agreed. Troves was a ton of fun, they definitely should bring more content like it. Also, removing it was a great mistake imo.
    Yeah that was great fun. I remember re-doing them in late Legion for my sub rogue artifact skin, it really was fun.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Unfortunately most SP games have little to no longevity, no reason to play after beating them. MMOs are about the only type of game that can last a long time without PvP, just due to sheer scale if nothing else, and the group content is there if the mood strikes.
    Yeah. Thats the reason why Genshin Impact died so quickly. There is just no market for online SP games.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    All in all, this announcement was probably one of the most conservative one. While i personally think it is good that blizzard don't use all their cards even in the last patch they have added, but really, there was far too little content. Beside of Dragonriding and maybe content they added to it, there is nothing about what endgame-content they will add with Dragonflight. What i'm afraid off is that they simply add the most basic content: Crappy World quests and time locked "Convenant"-quests, and that's all they add. Because beside of this, nothing was announced.

While i personally wasn't a fan of island expeditions, Torghast was actually not bad in the idea. The issue of torghast was not itself, but both the lack and the owerwhelming ties to player power and no meaningful gear progression actually killed it. Nobody wants to play a game where you can't progress inside Torgast itself, but instead need to play somthing else to get better gear to progress there.

But Dragonflight has absolutely nothing yet. Maybe my concerns are unnecessary, but i don't expect anything like Torghast, Mage Tower, Island Expeditions at all, since if they had something up in their sleeve, the yould have announced it.
    There is basically 0 info about multiplayer content as well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    SP content is for the casual cyclical masses that just want to eat it up like a plague of locusts I couldn't care less about simply because they have so many alternatives.

Why some idiots choose to play an mmo when they're extremely introverted or socially incompetent is something I'll never understand, other games put ALL their ressources in to be a great SP experience and you choose an mmorpg? Excuse me but wtf?

"Oh yes in the history of WoW the SP-able content was so great dude" will be your next argument but cmon who the frick really believes that.
    You can't compare any solo rpg with wow, the world content in world is massive, if we count all expansions + vanilla. That alone will attract solo players or people that just casually play with others. There aren't many players out in the world of wow most stuff is instanced and most players are just in ZM. Its easy to get lost in wow if you really want to.

Also, if you have no trade with others there is no point, solo players love gold making and to trade its realaxing.

I cooperate only to get my BIS gear, trade and merely do pvp which sadly is instanced as well or made pointless.

If anything there should be wpvp solo content its replayable at least, unlike doing all the same dailies/WQ.

To implement creative fun is a matter of having balls, i guess.

Most people thought islands were bad, but they weren't. They should not have been made mandatory with huge azerite gains, other than that pvp island expeditions were actually a great addition.

The bad stuff in BfA was azerite gear and warfronts, both lacked polished design.

There should be endgame class quests on long quest chains with hard solo stuff and some group stuff to do, like the rogue quest in cataclysm - ironicly the last expansion where dragons played a major role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Crafting is the solo-endgame content. They detailed elevating crafting as the 4th pillar of gameplay beside Raiding, Mythic+ & PvP including the ability to "make the strongest gear in the game."

The problem I've seen is that they don't consider crafting "exciting" enough but seeming as they are basing it on FFXIV crafting: It's a lot of fun.
    Blizz told us to improve crafting in DragonFlight, no idea, its the same level of meaningful gear progression as TBC, TBC was the last expansion where you could make BIS weapons - that did not require much or any group content in the first phase(patch) but later needed raid bosses to drop reagents.

The world just gets bigger, if there are more ways to get meaningful rewards, even if its a slow and painful grind like archeology and collecting rare weapon recipes, those always felt good in a phase 1 of an expansion, but this system decayed with more content patches making it irrelevant.(ilvls of epic rares are not updated)

It might be not as exciting and complex as FFIV professions, but alone the idea that professions could be as meaningful as in TBC, actually give substantial endgame rewards, is something exciting in the game that could be done in the world without its many instanced content.

It makes somewhat sense if you just play relaxed with an alt. Not as much sense for an main with gogo mentality. Looks like DF design is more alt friendly. So some more variation in endgame content to do is certainly a good idea.

If they do it, devs should also update it with patches.

Alpha hasnt even started yet, its very early to have information on solo endgame content.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    All in all, this announcement was probably one of the most conservative one. While i personally think it is good that blizzard don't use all their cards even in the last patch they have added, but really, there was far too little content. Beside of Dragonriding and maybe content they added to it, there is nothing about what endgame-content they will add with Dragonflight. What i'm afraid off is that they simply add the most basic content: Crappy World quests and time locked "Convenant"-quests, and that's all they add. Because beside of this, nothing was announced.

While i personally wasn't a fan of island expeditions, Torghast was actually not bad in the idea. The issue of torghast was not itself, but both the lack and the owerwhelming ties to player power and no meaningful gear progression actually killed it. Nobody wants to play a game where you can't progress inside Torgast itself, but instead need to play somthing else to get better gear to progress there.

But Dragonflight has absolutely nothing yet. Maybe my concerns are unnecessary, but i don't expect anything like Torghast, Mage Tower, Island Expeditions at all, since if they had something up in their sleeve, the yould have announced it.
    Raiders, pvper's, and collector's are all silent? it's too early

You sound very egotistic, asking for solo content as an endgame in an mmo
    i mean it's one thing to expect solo content to be in the game but it's another to create a post about it and voicing your concerns when alpha have not even started yet
    you are so delusional mate
    Last edited by dragonflight10; 2022-06-10 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Ooh, can I join in?

"Yeah - it also doesn't say Massive (All Content Requires 40 People) Online either. Next."
    Massive means multiple. Next next.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    I love how you have sooooooo much faith in Blizzard when they apparently been failing at it now for about 14 years. And yes I know WoW has been out for 18 years, but I shaved off some years cause most of the players loved Wrath and legion.

Keep that faith. Now that Blizzard isn't grabbing ass anymore and stealing breast milk, maybe they can make this expansion good.
    You're still here though.

Well I mean its not even Alpha yet, so seems abit soon to be worried about conent

I prefer solo content, I think people are literally blowing it out of proportion though.

WoW will have plenty of solo content if it wants to survive, even an MMO needs a good solo player foundation in order to be successful, Listen to the guy who's played and reviewed almost every single MMO out there;

Josh strife Hayes also makes a good point in one of his videos but I cannot find it right now, but a majority of people who play MMO's play it as a solo player game and this content is needed to keep those players interested, so No an MMO is not just for those social butterflies its also for those of us who like to play alone aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post

While group players can do everything solo players can do, solo players simply cannot play any kind of gearing progression gameplay. Means: Solo players are locked out of a major part of gameplay in WoW.
    you mean the "multiplayer" part of the game genres name? like cmon... solo content is fine, but you shouldn't reward people the same or even slightly lower gear for solo content, otherwise no one would do group content because it's factually harder to coordinate a group vs. just you.

EDIT: You know what, I take that back... Solo content can reward the same amount of gear or slightly lower, but it should take 2x or 3x as long to receive that piece of gear. That'd be a solution :\ One example came to mind! The end of BFA with visions and the catch up gear. Do that, but make it take longer.
    Last edited by SounDz; 2022-06-10 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SounDz View Post
    you mean the "multiplayer" part of the game genres name? like cmon... solo content is fine, but you shouldn't reward people the same or even slightly lower gear for solo content, otherwise no one would do group content because it's factually harder to coordinate a group vs. just you.

EDIT: You know what, I take that back... Solo content can reward the same amount of gear or slightly lower, but it should take 2x or 3x as long to receive that piece of gear. That'd be a solution :\ One example came to mind! The end of BFA with visions and the catch up gear. Do that, but make it take longer.
    Question, how does a Solo player getting gear similar to you affect you?

Answer, it doesn't because they'll most likely still play solo but at least they'd still feel some form of progression for their character.

Ion basically confirmed there's not going to be an instance content for solo players or small groups like Visions or Torghast. He said their focus in DF is making outdoor content meaningful.

What exactly that means for solo players we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You're still here though.

So I am roommates with Shinchi and I can tell you for sure he is not still playing WoW. Me and him both left WoW in May of 2021. We both play FFXIV now. We both are on the sidelines watching the clown show that Blizzard is now. But we both want to see if Blizzard does something good with Dragonflight or will they drag their playerbase through another shit hole of an expansion before either us come back.
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2022-06-10 at 07:34 PM.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Massive means multiple. Next next.
    No, it really doesn't.

I'd like something like horrific visions, only without it being mandatory for legendary and without being crazyily grindy to get attempts, more like a slower gear option and a challenge/achievement idea for farm. If say a single world quest gives you 1-3 attempts, its alright. Doesn't have to be visions per say, just something along those lines of gameplay and added challenge.