Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I'm in a raid in Classic, even though we're not using the in-game voice, the WoW in-game voice icon shows up above my chat frame. Doesn't do this in retail. How do I get rid of it and what causes it?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Hi, i saw this ui, and i liked the diamond cooldown on spells, anyone know how to achieve this?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...dFsONlQZbt0_08

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any way to make a durability bar in weakauras? and is there a way to make the text say: current durability/max durability?

How do I make addon-printed chat messages to instead print in a 2nd chat window? I want the main chat window to be entirely player-chat only.

The chat filters settings window doesn't have anything about addon messages. I'm stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gielnik2 View Post
    How do I make addon-printed chat messages to instead print in a 2nd chat window? I want the main chat window to be entirely player-chat only.

The chat filters settings window doesn't have anything about addon messages. I'm stumped.
    Addon messages use either the AddMessage() widget of the chat frame or the print() function. The first one is usually used with DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME which is a pointer to ChatFrame1, and print() will always use ChatFrame1. Unfortunately, both of those are direct usage and are not affected by Blizzard's chat settings, which filters messages based on chat events.

The easiest most effective way to redirect addon messages is to switch your windows. Let addons take over the "General" tab and put everything else you want in another chat window.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    The easiest most effective way to redirect addon messages is to switch your windows. Let addons take over the "General" tab and put everything else you want in another chat window.
    Thank you! It's a brute solution but it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the general consensus these days on the 'best' addon manager? I know it was curse for over a decade but since overwolf got it it's just not as good IMO. Minion? WoWMatrix? Something else? I want it quick and easy like Curse used to be. CF has been 'forging my library' for 10 mins now and I'm just done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Whats the general consensus these days on the 'best' addon manager?
    WoWUp is good but CurseForge could block it any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenbane View Post
    WoWUp is good but CurseForge could block it any day.
    They already have sent notifications on how to disable Curse as a provider so the software will check for other ones to update your addons. Luckily i only use DBM/WA (because raiding, i would play without them) and the rest is all custom made so it' doesn't affect me a lot.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Anyone know how I can stop this message from popping up? I know my addons are causing issues, dont haft to tell me every time I log an alt ^^

https://imgur.com/a/X5eVE95
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Anyone know how I can stop this message from popping up? I know my addons are causing issues, dont haft to tell me every time I log an alt ^^

https://imgur.com/a/X5eVE95
    You cannot disable that message or the similar yellow warning in chat. Update or disable the offending addons, or fix them yourself if you can.

Those two warnings only appear when there are serious performance problems resulting in thousands of constant errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    You cannot disable that message or the similar yellow warning in chat. Update or disable the offending addons, or fix them yourself if you can.

Those two warnings only appear when there are serious performance problems resulting in thousands of constant errors.
    So really no work arounds ? Not even some clever addon or UI script. I know I have issues, it comes with the price of not wanting to clean up WTF folder etc since vanilla, but Im not gonna reset my UIs and spend the 50-100 hour to set all the 100ish addons up again.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

So really no work arounds ? Not even some clever addon or UI script. I know I have issues, it comes with the price of not wanting to clean up WTF folder etc since vanilla, but Im not gonna reset my UIs and spend the 50-100 hour to set all the 100ish addons up again.
    it would be a good opportunity to get rid of unused addons, though. you can always backup your files before in case something goes wrong.

as for the message, the message states you can turn lua errors off in the interface options. there might be some script you can run but unfortunately i can't remember. i haven't gotten that message myself in ages and i doubt that's because of flawless addons.
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

The WTF folder is unrelated. You can leave that alone. An addon in the Interface folder is bad, or a weakaura. Sure, sometimes resetting an addon's settings can fix some errors, but it's the actual addons you need to go through and disable, or update if you can.

If there was a workaround or some way to hide it, it's one of two things I refuse to help do. You're at a point where your game is severely degraded and you've been used to the terrible FPS.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2022-06-10 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I know there's an addon that shuts up Ban-Lu, but anyone know of an add-on that stops the annoying PLOP PLOP PLOP noise when Snowstorm drops a snow pile? :/
    YES! I'm looking for one too. And I know for sure it exists because my ex-boyfriend had one, but I can't write him because of proud and just asking, so I have to look for answers here...

Is there an addon that tells you the rarity of your mounts?

Or even a website that does so by loading your character?

I know there's a few websites that list mounts by rarity, and that's all well and good... but they list nearly 900 mounts, and I have no idea which ones I have and which I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Is there an addon that tells you the rarity of your mounts?

Or even a website that does so by loading your character?

I know there's a few websites that list mounts by rarity, and that's all well and good... but they list nearly 900 mounts, and I have no idea which ones I have and which I don't.
    https://www.dataforazeroth.com

It can list your collected mounts by rarity. Here's the 12 rarest mounts I have (click to enlarge):

7+ Year Old Account
    PLATER MOD

Hello there. I am trying (with my very basic .lua knowledge) to combine two Plater mods into one.
    One mod is inverting the healthbar and another one is centralizing it. But they seem to cancel eachother out. Please help me out.

The two mods in question are these:
    https://wago.io/0Asu-LjVb (Centralized Health Bar)
    https://wago.io/TKKzMicPG (Invert Health Bar)

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be of great help. Hell, maybe I’ll even learn something!

Thanks in advance.
    I think everybody's nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been gone a few days shy of a year, came back today, had to redo all my mods.

Before I used this or something like it to get crisp/clean square icons for Weak Auras, what's everyone using now ?

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...ue-clean-icons
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Been gone a few days shy of a year, came back today, had to redo all my mods.

Before I used this or something like it to get crisp/clean square icons for Weak Auras, what's everyone using now ?

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...ue-clean-icons
    I add a border to the icons. 1px ø, fullsquarewhite, color black.
    I think everybody's nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    I add a border to the icons. 1px ø, fullsquarewhite, color black.
    Thanks, I kind of got it to work.

Anyone know of a working mod that lets you swap out hotbars ? (not moving the hotbars, but swapping in a different set with different abilities on them)

I'm getting real tired of swapping out 5 abilities every time I PVP or PVE on my Hunter.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset