Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ugh. inquisitors in this show are just pure trash. the animated version was way better.
    here they're as intimidating/competent as your regular stormtrooper.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    I'm surprised that I haven't seen any of you notice how the series is borrowing heavily from the movies without being too obvious about it.

Episode One: A princess is kidnapped, and much of the episode takes place on Tattooine.
    Episode Two: <genuinely doesn't remember major plot points for the movie, but is assuming there's parallels>
    Episode Three: A former Jedi is burned to a crisp after a battle between Kenobi and Skywalker.
    Episode Four: A rescue mission to an Imperial base. Kenobi even uses some of the same tricks in both, such as distracting two Stormtroopers with a telekinetic knock.

Lots of other little things as well, but that drives home the point.
    OOH is it BLATENTLY obvious that they are borrowing against the movies. I agree with episodes 1-3 being more of ANH. We are now getting the early parts of ESB with them escaping the Inquisitors but still far from safe. Obiwan Episode 5 will like you say be a gathering scene with Reva and Ben. Episode 6 will be Reva's redemption Arc from bad guy to good guy just like RotJ

I mean even the writer admits he dont know much about Obi and the rest of SW. So what better to do than Copy paste 4-6 like 7-9 did.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    there is that, its a mediocre game as well, its ok but its dated now, the only thing that was interesting about it was its use of a custom version of the D&D 2nd edition ruleset which is somewhat unique merging star wars and d&d, I just enjoyed the story, it was less of the same and more thought provoking than, basically anything since then. I don't think anyone has managed to write a more compelling story. so while the game itself was unfinished, the story itself plays out to a unsatisfying ending. there is a fair amount of wisdom in there. I rewatch this several times per year as my star wars fix it saves me from actually playing those old games, I still get to appreciate the story it tried to tell.
    It is literally using a version of the Star Wars d20 system developed by WotC.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    People get the Inquisitors just fine. In this series they have done absolutely nothing but walk into rooms and back out of rooms and occasionally stand in rooms and yell. They act nothing like we have seen out of them in Rebels. They were literally foiled in the first episode by an awning. As for training, they would be no different from Opress, Ventris, or Maul, except those characters actually did something.
    I really agree with this.....

In Rebels we got to SEE the Inquisitors in action against Kanan, Maul, Ashoka, and others. So we know how badass they CAN be but in this series, they are just emo children trying to look badass and only looking stupid.

I think ( not an excuse) that the Rebels and other media are what the writers are using as a way to not show the other 2 Inquisitors(GOD I feel sorry for those 2) in action.

But as I stated earlier, with a 6 episode Arc, do we really want to spend time on those 2 rather than Ben and Reva? And with Reva, do we really want to spend 2-3 episodes on her back story when we all know what really is gonna happen with her. She dies or she reverses course and becomes Grey Jedi.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I really agree with this.....

In Rebels we got to SEE the Inquisitors in action against Kanan, Maul, Ashoka, and others. So we know how badass they CAN be but in this series, they are just emo children trying to look badass and only looking stupid.

I think ( not an excuse) that the Rebels and other media are what the writers are using as a way to not show the other 2 Inquisitors(GOD I feel sorry for those 2) in action.

But as I stated earlier, with a 6 episode Arc, do we really want to spend time on those 2 rather than Ben and Reva? And with Reva, do we really want to spend 2-3 episodes on her back story when we all know what really is gonna happen with her. She dies or she reverses course and becomes Grey Jedi.
    Honestly, I would have cut out the other inquisitors other than Reva. The Grand Inquisitor does have some role in Part II, but I just don't have any reason to care about the other two. Hell, one didn't even speak in the episode she was revealed in and only has a few lines outside. She could be cut and absolutely nothing is lost.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, I would have cut out the other inquisitors other than Reva. The Grand Inquisitor does have some role in Part II, but I just don't have any reason to care about the other two. Hell, one didn't even speak in the episode she was revealed in and only has a few lines outside. She could be cut and absolutely nothing is lost.
    Agree, they are entirely extraneous at this point. I would have rather seen Kenobi struggle against the Inquisitors a bit rather than go from getting beat down as bad as he did for what inevitably will be a rematch with Vader in the next two episodes. From the power that Vader has been tossing around so far it’s hard to imagine Kenobi, as we have seen him so far, get his shit together enough to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Because unlike the sequels, it's not trying to be.

Well, that is where Obi-wan went to so he could guard Luke. And it's pretty nice knowing what he's been doing there in the mean time. I'm sure we all thought he would just be sitting in a cave meditating for near 20 years.

We all know Anakin's the spiteful type. Him causing Obi-wan to suffer as he's suffered for a decade is pretty on point.

If they'd blown up the base shooting proton torpedoes into an exhaust vent then yeah, it'd be way to on the nose. But the only other place the Inquisitors would take Leia is on a ship, likely a Star Destroyer. And if that's the case then there's no chance of rescuing her. So for the sake of a decent plot a secret base kind of makes sense.

Well he wasn't going to go around snapping necks like Vader.
    No idea why you replied to that in that fashion. I wasn't arguing. I wasn't debating. I wasn't criticizing. I was simply pointing out corollaries of how each episode of the show has matched up with major beats from their corresponding movies (episode number wise), and how one can probably assume what the last two episodes are going to feature by extension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    No idea why you replied to that in that fashion. I wasn't arguing. I wasn't debating. I wasn't criticizing. I was simply pointing out corollaries of how each episode of the show has matched up with major beats from their corresponding movies (episode number wise), and how one can probably assume what the last two episodes are going to feature by extension.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I was trying to further the discussion.

Agree, they are entirely extraneous at this point. I would have rather seen Kenobi struggle against the Inquisitors a bit rather than go from getting beat down as bad as he did for what inevitably will be a rematch with Vader in the next two episodes. From the power that Vader has been tossing around so far it’s hard to imagine Kenobi, as we have seen him so far, get his shit together enough to beat him.
    I really hope that doesn't happen.

Honestly, Vader has been constantly foiled, outmaneuvered and even flat out beaten in so many different forms of Star Wars media that I feel like he's really suffering from some long term Worf Effect.

I know he's the bad guy and thus generally destined to lose in the end, but still. It really steals from that idea of this menacing figure when his results are just as bad as regular stormtroopers.

10+ Year Old Account
    People get the Inquisitors just fine. In this series they have done absolutely nothing but walk into rooms and back out of rooms and occasionally stand in rooms and yell. They act nothing like we have seen out of them in Rebels. They were literally foiled in the first episode by an awning. As for training they would be no different from Opress, Ventris, or Maul, except those characters actually did something.
    The Inquisitors are even close to any of the people you named. They only share the same side of the Force.

Maul - actual trained Sith who demonstrats the difference that set the Sith apart by being a one man empire. He completely transforms Mandalore, reinstating its militaristic ways, and builds a galaxy wide underground empire (Crimson Dawn). The guy was literally trained as a Sith since birth in both timelines.

Savage - Trained by Maul with ever intention to dethrone Sidious. Savage's career was also very short.

Ventris - Dooku trained her as a legitimate protégé. He wanted to turn the Sith into something like the Jedi Order instead of the Rule of Two. He trained her as if she was a padawan of his.

The Inquisitors were viewed as the lap dogs of the Sith since their introduction in canon. Nothing but disposable lackeys. The Sith even had a particular disdain for the Inquisitors, viewing them as pathetic traitors with no convictions, turning their back on their code just so that Sith wouldn't kill them. To paraphrase, at least the Jedi maintained their honor when they were killed. Palpatine and Vader saw the Inquisitors as cowards. The Inquisitors were only trained to track Jedi. No more, no less. And being that most Jedi they hunted weren't strong, the training off the Inquisitors reflected that. Most of the time they were just Vader's outlet of frustration with him having no problems hacking off their limbs and killing them.

They were mooks in Rebels the same way they are mooks in Kenobi.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The Inquisitors are even close to any of the people you named. They only share the same side of the Force.

Maul - actual trained Sith who demonstrats the difference that set the Sith apart by being a one man empire. He completely transforms Mandalore, reinstating its militaristic ways, and builds a galaxy wide underground empire (Crimson Dawn). The guy was literally trained as a Sith since birth in both timelines.

Savage - Trained by Maul with ever intention to dethrone Sidious. Savage's career was also very short.

Ventris - Dooku trained her as a legitimate protégé. He wanted to turn the Sith into something like the Jedi Order instead of the Rule of Two. He trained her as if she was a padawan of his.

The Inquisitors were viewed as the lap dogs of the Sith since their introduction in canon. Nothing but disposable lackeys. The Sith even had a particular disdain for the Inquisitors, viewing them as pathetic traitors with no convictions, turning their back on their code just so that Sith wouldn't kill them. To paraphrase, at least the Jedi maintained their honor when they were killed. Palpatine and Vader saw the Inquisitors as cowards. The Inquisitors were only trained to track Jedi. No more, no less. And being that most Jedi they hunted weren't strong, the training off the Inquisitors reflected that. Most of the time they were just Vader's outlet of frustration with him having no problems hacking off their limbs and killing them.

They were mooks in Rebels the same way they are mooks in Kenobi.

It sounds like you have a lot of head canon when it comes to what people thought about the Inquisitors. The Sith Inquisitoris was created by and trained by Vader to hunt and kill Jedi. Of course they were expendable, but so was Maul and Dooku.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like you have a lot of head canon when it comes to what people thought about the Inquisitors. The Sith Inquisitoris was created by and trained by Vader to hunt and kill Jedi. Of course they were expendable, but so was Maul and Dooku.
    Maybe I read the source material and willing to change my opinion when given new information? Maybe Vader didn't create the Inquisitors? Maybe Maul and Dooku weren't expendable beyond the inherent nature of the Rule of Two?

Everything I wrote is out of canon.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Maybe I read the source material and willing to change my opinion when given new information? Maybe Vader didn't create the Inquisitors? Maybe Maul and Dooku weren't expendable beyond the inherent nature of the Rule of Two?

Everything I wrote is out of canon.
    So another “what I know and read is canon and everyone else is wrong guy”. Dooku and Maul were not victims of the Rule of Two. They were a means to an end, which was Vader, started by Darth Palgueis. The Inquisitoris were trained by Vader. Some were former Jedi. Sorry to disappoint you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So another “what I know and read is canon and everyone else is wrong guy”. Dooku and Maul were not victims of the Rule of Two. They were a means to an end, which was Vader, started by Darth Palgueis. The Inquisitoris were trained by Vader. Some were former Jedi. Sorry to disappoint you.
    And now you are mixing the two continuties, which aren't compatible. Two different storylines with characters of the same name. Apples and oranges.

Its makes zero sense to discuss canon in terms of Legends (and the other way around) when they contradict one another.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Inquisitoris was not "created by" Vader. It was created by Palpatine and Vader was given control over it alongside Palpatine.

And also, yes, Dooku, Maul, and even Vader himself are all expendable to Palpatine. Palpatine's goal is to ensure a new Sith Empire and he will sacrifice any apprentice to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

They were expendable because that is the nature of Sith Apprentices under the Rule of Two as are any other Dark Acolytes.
    While I wouldn't personally make Pacox's argument, they aren't wrong. You are more nitpicking their terminology than their argument.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    They better bring back the grand inquisitor in the last episodes...not try to save him for a rumoured season 2, which may not happen...that would give the impression that he really is dead...unless they throw in a flaskback in the ahsoka show with ezra..

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    She told him there is a tracker on them ... which includes Kenobi.
    If the show wants us to believe that Darth Vader has an obsession with Kenobi and is also an extremly violent and ragy menace (which I think they do), then there shouldn't be a scene where Darth Vader lets Kenobi go because of some fire on the ground OR a scene where Vader decides that losing Kenobi and MAYBE getting him back later is a good plan because it might give them something else on top.

(which is not saying that I hate the show, I just thought that particular element of the show was quite weak)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

How old was Anakin when he became Vader? How much time has passed? Because it sounds as if he's still a temperamental immature psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    How old was Anakin when he became Vader? How much time has passed? Because it sounds as if he's still a temperamental immature psycho.
    Roughly 24/25 I think? So he’s 34/35 right now. He is a temperamental immature psycho. Or he wouldn’t have destroyed the entire Jedi Order. The more I look at the prequels, the more Anakin was played like a savant on the spectrum, who had some serious issues reconciling everything in his head and what was actually real. If Lucas did it on purpose, he’s a frickin genius. It’s not a discriminatory depiction either. It’s pretty in tune with other real world leaders.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2022-06-10 at 10:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    If the show wants us to believe that Darth Vader has an obsession with Kenobi and is also an extremly violent and ragy menace (which I think they do), then there shouldn't be a scene where Darth Vader lets Kenobi go because of some fire on the ground OR a scene where Vader decides that losing Kenobi and MAYBE getting him back later is a good plan because it might give them something else on top.

(which is not saying that I hate the show, I just thought that particular element of the show was quite weak)
    The fire thing can be explained. He realized Obi-wan had help. While he wants Obi-wan, he also wants to destroy anyone who helps him. But, they could have done a better job in that scene.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He was 9 in Episode I. Episode III is 13 years late, so 22 when he became Vader.

He would be 32 now.
    –The Sith Code