Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I'm shipping Darkhan and Xalatath now and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there needs to be a reason, everything is clearly moving towards factions being irrelevant in the game. So what does it matter if there's Darkfallen Elves in the Alliance if it makes no meaningful difference.
    ...because the factions still exist and matter in story, for aesthetics, and for the whole focal point on Horde vs Alliance in the franchise?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Both void and blood elves just got san'layn options.
    Its hard to call them san'layn options tho.

To be fair its one single option and its called dark ranger. Hell they could have atleast called it darkfallen to suit both organisations. Its just weird. I wish we had more vampiric options, such as fangs, claws like those blood princes.

I have noticed some heavy resistance in the alliance, but also horde as they are just mere costumization options, people wanted the full thing.. the whole its your own interpetation and how you want them to be.. is actually hitting a lot of nerves. I knew this would happen, which such a vague explanation and you as player npt actually playing an undead or darkfallen, just a blood elf with pale skin.
    Its lazy imo.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-08 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Its hard to call them san'layn options tho.

To be fair its one single option and its called dark ranger. Hell they could have atleast called it darkfallen to suit both organisations. Its just weird. I wish we had more vampiric options, such as fangs, claws like those blood princes.

San'layn is just the name of a faction of Darkfallen elves. Specifically, the ones raised by the Lich King and are more magically inclined. "Blood" magic, to be precise.

EDIT: What Blizzard considers "vampiric in nature" or the term "vampyr" in the WoW universe is kind of inconsistent. I wish they would go all in on Blood Magic being a serious type of force.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-06-08 at 03:18 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    San'layn is just the name of a faction of Darkfallen elves. Specifically, the ones raised by the Lich King and are more magically inclined. "Blood" magic, to be precise.

EDIT: What Blizzard considers "vampiric in nature" or the term "vampyr" in the WoW universe is kind of inconsistent. I wish they would go all in on Blood Magic being a serious type of force.
    Yea I know, its just an organisation and a sect of darkfallen. Tho its mentioned they van develop more besides pale necrotic skin, such as clawsn fangs and bat ears.

The annoyence is now that you are just using one option which is called dark ranger and its exactly that. Just kinda hard to rp as a san'layn imo, as the costumization options just lack for that. On top of that is that its just an rp element and not an allied race or class (dark ranger) its neither, so it will always feel like a mere rp thing and not canon. The game doesnt see you as one either. Same as the sandtrolls, you can rp as one, but the nowhere is said the farraki joined the horde. The sandtrolls lack options as well imo, we only have sul the sandcrawler as example. I wish they added beards.

I think blizz is really lacking on that front and I wish they were a little clearer with these things in game. Its just annoying.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-08 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea I know, its just an organisation and a sect of darkfallen. Tho its mentioned they van develop more besides pale necrotic skin, such as clawsn fangs and bat ears.

The annoyence is now that you are just using one option which is called dark ranger and its exactly that. Just kinda hard to rp as a san'layn imo, as the costumization options just lack for that. On top of that is that its just an rp element and not an allied race or class (dark ranger) its neither, so it will always feel like a mere rp thing and not canon. The game doesnt see you as one either. Same as the sandtrolls, you can rp as one, but the nowhere is said the farraki joined the horde. The sandtrolls lack options as well imo, we only have sul the sandcrawler as example. I wish they added beards.

I think blizz is really lacking on that front and I wish they were a little clearer with these things in game. Its just annoying.

I think it reveals much of Blizzard's thoughts/beliefs on the San'layn and even the extent of Dark Rangers being a viable option to players... by connecting the lore of the San'layn to Dark Rangers now just being the same type of undead elves, just under 2 different banners (vampiric mage-like "dark" wizards and "dark" archers)... so perhaps down the line we will get the more San'layn-specific customization options?

Unless the current team does not really like the concept of undead vampire elves. Who knows? I agree with you on wishing Blizzard would do so more fleshing-out of these.

Shame. I really like the concept of Dark Rangers, "Darkfallen" elves, and the San'layn as a faction of Darkfallen elves. I suppose too many elves already.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    many rangers actually wanted Allerias as Ranger-General
    A couple of randos isn't "many". Both Lor'temar and Halduron and other key Farstriders wanted only Sylvanas as Ranger-General. And besides, all those who supported Alleria went with her through the Dark Portal. So they're probably all dead by now. Alleria is a nobody in Quel'Thalas, just some figure from the past, who holds no political sway within Silvermoon nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    A couple of randos isn't "many". Both Lor'temar and Halduron and other key Farstriders wanted only Sylvanas as Ranger-General. And besides, all those who supported Alleria went with her through the Dark Portal. So they're probably all dead by now. Alleria is a nobody in Quel'Thalas, just some figure from the past, who holds no political sway within Silvermoon nowadays.
    Source that it is just "a couple".

Aside from your bias against Alleria of course, which is well known.

Alleria is a nobody in Quel'Thalas, just some figure from the past, who holds no political sway within Silvermoon nowadays.
    Factually wrong.

On top of being one of the most famous and beloved war heroes in Thalassian history, Alleria Windrunner is the current head of House Windrunner, the last great noble house from Quel'Thalas, and is the leader of the Ren'dorei, the most powerful and greatest Alliance Thalassian faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post

You're half right. She is a nobody currently. In present times.

She is still regarded as a hero to Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas... in the past. That is why she was given a pass for the incident she caused at the Sunwell. She was facing charges of sabotage and on the cusp of being arrested for it. Given her status as a hero of their past... she was banished instead.

As she is banished from Silvermoon currently, she holds no weight with the blood elves.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-06-08 at 07:01 PM.

You're half right. She is a nobody currently. In present times.

She is still regarded as a hero to Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas... in the past. That is why she was given a pass for the incident she caused at the Sunwell. She was facing charges of sabotage and on the cusp of being arrested for it. Given her status as a hero of their past... she was banished instead.

As she is banished from Silvermoon currently, she holds no weight with the blood elves.
    Agreed. Most of her sympathizers joined her on her journey to Lordaeron and later Draenor. Those who stayed within Quel'thalas possibly later defected as high elves and most recently, void elves.

The name Windrunner is possibly tainted for most blood elves by now, with both Vereesa and Alleria being Alliance and Sylvanas for commiting genocide, betraying Horde and serving Jailer. It is now more symbol of old times for thalassian exiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Agreed. Most of her sympathizers joined her on her journey to Lordaeron and later Draenor. Those who stayed within Quel'thalas possibly later defected as high elves and most recently, void elves.

The name Windrunner is possibly tainted for most blood elves by now, with both Vereesa and Alleria being Alliance and Sylvanas for commiting genocide, betraying Horde and serving Jailer. It is now more symbol of old times for thalassian exiles.
    If you think that the Windrunner name is tainted just because its surviving members are in the Alliance, then you must also think that Theron would completely lose popular support if it became public that he was negotiating with Varian to rejoin the Alliance in MoP.

Therefore, the entire Theron regime could come crashing down if it was leaked that he was plotting to rejoin the Alliance.

Liadrin says that they are a cult of darkfallen vampire.

Some of you guys needs to calm down as it doesn't look like void elves will have any recognition within the Darkfallen questlines.

Look at this:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pat...ngers#Alliance

This is the Alliance version and it ONLY talks about the Dark Rangers either staying with the Desolate Council or returning to Tyrande and the night elves.

Then look:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Darkfallen

Darkfallen leaders are:
    The Desolate Council
    Tyrande Whisperwind
    Bolvar Fordragon

Alleria is not any leader to any darkfallen elves. I think this now leads onto the fact that any Thalassian Darkfallen who want to join the Alliance do so under Tyrande's acceptance.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Darkfallen leaders are:
    The Desolate Council
    Tyrande Whisperwind
    Bolvar Fordragon
    shoudl've (also) gone with Thassarian IMO
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Everything that is in the game is Canon. Void elf Darkfallen are in the game, thus they are Canon, thus Alleria Windrunner is Canonically the leader of a group of Darkfallen.

The cute headcanon this thread created is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-10 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    shoudl've (also) gone with Thassarian IMO
    Maybe, but Varodoc won't accept this as canon.

Alleria just isn't mentioned - therefore, she is not a darkfallen leader.

Tyrande is.
    The council are
    Bolvar is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Maybe, but Varodoc won't accept this as canon.

Alleria just isn't mentioned - therefore, she is not a darkfallen leader.

Tyrande is.
    The council are
    Bolvar is.
    Wouldn't this then make Bolvar the leader of the Undead Void elves as they would fall under the category of the Death Knights in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Wouldn't this then make Bolvar the leader of the Undead Void elves as they would fall under the category of the Death Knights in this case?
    No.

Bolvar Fordragon is not a member of the Alliance and has no connection with the Ren'dorei.

As those Darkfallen are Void elves, their leader is Alleria Windrunner, as laid out in Canon. Their numbers therefore bolster the ranks of the Ren'dorei.

As for Bolvar, before trying to take control of a group of Darkfallen in the Alliance, he should improve his dogshit garbage parenting skills so that he doesn't get exposed as a fraud in front of everyone by his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No.

Bolvar Fordragon is not a member of the Alliance and has no connection with the Ren'dorei.

As those Darkfallen are Void elves, their leader is Alleria Windrunner, as laid out in Canon. Their numbers therefore bolster the ranks of the Ren'dorei.

As for Bolvar, before trying to take control of a group of Darkfallen in the Alliance, he should improve his dogshit garbage parenting skills so that he doesn't get exposed as a fraud in front of everyone by his daughter.
    Triggered but you know its got to be the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Triggered but you know its got to be the truth.
    I'm as calm as humanly possible.

Whether this thread on this fansite wants to accept Canon or not is irrelevant to what the Game shows us. And as we know, the Game is the ultimate Canonical source of the Warcraft franchise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is the cutscene that plays when you create a Ren'dorei Dark Ranger:

I'm not seeing Bolvar Fordragon in this scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria is a proud of her high elven lineage.

I don't see her leading undead elves raised from the deads by Sylvanas.

And Alliance Dark Rangers can simply form their own order into the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I know it doesn't make much sense, but it's still insane how good the Darkfallen skin looks with VE hairstyles.

I think they deliver the Vampire vibe way better than the High Elf vibe, and I think it's really funny because the other way around would make more sense.

I mean...
    Damn it looks even better with void elves than it does with blood elves.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"