10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Been watching here.

Thanks I just put on anything that showed the hearing didn’t anticipate a beak or that weasel to come on the tv.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Yeah, if you get NBC news, you have to look at Chuck Todd and nobody wants that.
    Lol honestly didn’t anticipate a break so I just flipped to who ever had it on first. I learned my lesson.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Glad I could help bring attention to PBS.
    Honestly, I should have went to them or CSPAN first. They usually have uninterrupted broadcasts. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    42 minutes in, and already, we are finding out things from people that have testified, including staunch Trump supporters, that EVERYTHING from November 7th, when Biden was declared winner, til Jan 6th, is nothing but planning to overthrow the fucking election.
    God I will have to try and check back about it later. Got kids at a free play arcade with karaoke so no chance of hearing anything and only 1 to 2 bars of signal here.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    God I will have to try and check back about it later. Got kids at a free play arcade with karaoke so no chance of hearing anything and only 1 to 2 bars of signal here.
    The hardest part to watch is the footage of the riot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that is a compelling couple of hours HOWEVER as someone biased and already certain of what information is being presented, I don't think my saying that means much. The Alt-Right Trump supported are absolutely not going to be convinced by anything Trump is guilty of trying to over throw the elections and encouraged violence.

The question is going to be how was tonight going to impact people Undecided either way before to night and as we go for another 7 of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well that is a compelling couple of hours HOWEVER as someone biased and already certain of what information is being presented, I don't think my saying that means much. The Alt-Right Trump supported are absolutely not going to be convinced by anything Trump is guilty of trying to over throw the elections and encouraged violence.

The question is going to be how was tonight going to impact people Undecided either way before to night and as we go for another 7 of these?
    Depends on who those voters surround themselves with. If other open minded people, probably sway them away from voting from the fascist windbag. If they are around other diehard alt-right fascist Trump supporters(either due to working with them or other means), they might just abstain from voting or vote for him(for when he decides to run).

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on who those voters surround themselves with. If other open minded people, probably sway them away from voting from the fascist windbag. If they are around other diehard alt-right fascist Trump supporters(either due to working with them or other means), they might just abstain from voting or vote for him(for when he decides to run).

Apt take but I really hope we find out because at this point that’s the only way to know what this will mean.

While there are plenty who can be swayed, there are a good 25% who will not be swayed no matter what.

I literally had a friend who mentally would shut down rather than process facts he disliked.

Quite literally showed him a video of Trump outright confessing something only for him to go silent and nod waiting for the subject to pass rather than accept something he didn’t want to. Then a week later he was repeating the same stuff he was just proven wrong about.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

While there are plenty who can be swayed, there are a good 25% who will not be swayed no matter what.

I literally had a friend who mentally would shut down rather than process facts he disliked.

Quite literally showed him a video of Trump outright confessing something only for him to go silent and nod waiting for the subject to pass rather than accept something he didn’t want to. Then a week later he was repeating the same stuff he was just proven wrong about.
    Yeah, those people are the diehard alt-right Trump supporters. They most definitely will never be swayed. The undecided voters are the ones that need swayed. Biggest problem with swaying them isn't the facts or the video or anything of that nature. All they will look at is how much their groceries cost, how much gas is, how much they are paying for whatever is a necessity. They will look at the violence that is around them. They will vote based on that. If they are unhappy with some or all of those things and don't think critically(which is the vast majority of people), they will look at who is in charge and not vote for them again, regardless of how absolutely vile or disgusting the other person is. That is how Hitler came into power. That is how a quite a few fascist dictators come into power.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

And that's a major, almost unreconcilable problem in the United States. Our New Great Divide is a willfully ignorant one, and it's costing us dearly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I agree - that's really the only question. The alt-right fanatics aren't even showing the hearings on their propaganda channel.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I could help bring attention to PBS.
    Nicely done.

1. President Trump engaged in a massive effort to spread false and fraudulent information to the American public claiming the 2020 election was stolen from him.
    2. President Trump corruptly planned to replace the Acting Attorney General, so that the Department of Justice would support his fake election claims.
    3. President Trump corruptly pressured Vice President Pence to refuse to count certified electoral votes in violation of the US Constitution and the law.
    4. President Trump corruptly pressured state election officials, and state legislators, to change election results.
    5. President Trump's legal team and other Trump associates instructed Republicans in multiple states to create false electoral slates and transmit those slates to Congress and the National Archives.
    6. President Trump summoned and assembled a violent mob in Washington and directed them to march on the US Capitol.
    7. As the violence was underway, President Trump ignored multiple pleas for assistance and failed to take immediate action to stop the violence and instruct his supporters to leave the Capitol.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/polit...lan/index.html

Man, Sounds like Trump thought this was a different country or something. To think how the country would be if he had won. Hunger Games?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    1. President Trump engaged in a massive effort to spread false and fraudulent information to the American public claiming the 2020 election was stolen from him.
    2. President Trump corruptly planned to replace the Acting Attorney General, so that the Department of Justice would support his fake election claims.
    3. President Trump corruptly pressured Vice President Pence to refuse to count certified electoral votes in violation of the US Constitution and the law.
    4. President Trump corruptly pressured state election officials, and state legislators, to change election results.
    5. President Trump's legal team and other Trump associates instructed Republicans in multiple states to create false electoral slates and transmit those slates to Congress and the National Archives.
    6. President Trump summoned and assembled a violent mob in Washington and directed them to march on the US Capitol.
    7. As the violence was underway, President Trump ignored multiple pleas for assistance and failed to take immediate action to stop the violence and instruct his supporters to leave the Capitol.

Man, Sounds like Trump thought this was a different country or something. To think how the country would be if he had won. Hunger Games?
    It's truly horrifying what he did (yet again), and even (somehow) worse, the majority of the GQP believes Trump's lies re the election.

And Trump could still run and win in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's truly horrifying what he did (yet again), and even (somehow) worse, the majority of the GQP believes Trump's lies re the election.

And Trump could still run and win in 2024.
    I do not think he is found guilty of the above. Some of that is almost treason level.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Garland has been very disappointing in going after people. Maybe that's me wanting results now and I could be wrong. Yet, if this is going to be some last minute, meaning in 2023 and 2024, prosecutions than it's moot. They will be buried. I still stand that Garland is an empty suit.

Struck by how clearly and unambiguously Liz Cheney argues that actions on multiple fronts by Trump (and others) in his 7-stage conspiracy to overturn election were not just wrong, but illegal - the committee is both paving a path for, and pointing a finger at, Merrick Garland.

Umm yeah. As in my previous post and looking at social media takes that Garland is sleeping here. Without these hearings right now, Garland has been asleep for two years now. I'm really worried.

- - - Updated - - -

[LIST=1][*]President Trump corruptly pressured Vice President Pence to refuse to count certified electoral votes in violation of the US Constitution and the law.
    [*]President Trump corruptly pressured state election officials, and state legislators, to change election results.

Bold was my 2nd impeachment offense when this happened in December(?).

The frightening part is the Fascist Party learned and is now targeting Secretary of States or making laws that whoever oversees the elections can be overruled. Also trying to have their people at the poll counting contest ballots.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Remember folks. The Jan 6 committee investigation is just a distraction. Distraction to take you away from the real problems of the world like the shrinking of tortilla shells. Why won't anyone think of the tacos?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...aa7a236ba9a2be

GOP Lawmaker Invokes Tortillas To Scramble Away From Jan. 6 Discussion

Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) gave a “corny” take on what Americans are discussing instead of the Jan. 6 hearings.

Biggs, who the Jan. 6 committee identified as one of a number of Republicans who sought a presidential pardon following the attack, argued the hearings were a distraction from manufacturers shrinking package sizes to deal with inflation.

The congressman pointed to one item in particular that Americans are talking about: tortillas.

“They don’t want you talking about, ‘Hey, the size of that pack of tortillas that I just bought last week before it came out, it used to look like the regular corn tortillas, now they look like mini tortillas,’” Biggs said on the same floor where U.S. Capitol Police officers drew guns at a mob on Jan. 6, 2021.

Biggs is one of a number of Republicans who the committee identified as taking part in discussions with former President Donald Trump and were “involved in the planning and coordination of certain activities on and before” the Jan. 6 riot.

Far-right activist Ali Alexander, who organized the “Stop the Steal” campaign that rallied behind Trump’s false 2020 election claims, pointed to Biggs as “instrumental” in pulling the effort “together,” The Arizona Republic reported.

He and other GOP lawmakers have refused to work with the committee as it looks to piece together the events surrounding Jan. 6, according to the newspaper.

Twitter users were quick to poke fun at the congressman’s wrap-based remarks.

10+ Year Old Account

But its CNN, that is fake news lol trump won

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    But its CNN, that is fake news lol trump won
    I’m not personally interested in whether Trump’s hardcore followers believe this or not.

I’m interested in whether this 1) is persuasive to independents and motivating to democrats and 2) if legal action is pursued because of this.

The GOP only cares about whether they do bad things or not when someone forces punishment on them for having done it or it loses them power. As such, those are the only things I’m interested in as ramifications for this here inquisition.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Each day I'm more disgusted by how traitorous republicans have been. There absolutely must be consequences. If Justice does nothing meaningful then what the fuck is the point of the USA existing?

When the Jan. 6 House panel resumes on Monday, it will outline how then-President Donald Trump knew early on that he had lost the election but engaged “in a massive effort to spread false and fraudulent information” to convince the public otherwise.

So the One Big Thing here. If Trump wants to claim that he believed he won the election, then again his only defense is he is crazy (general word) or delusional. So with a "crazy" defense then this would mean he is doesn't have the mental facilities to ever run again. Well it is up to the electors and Lord help us.

Otherwise, as we have knocked Trump's mental capacity he truth is he is there mentally enough to the con. He knew he lost and thus he was intentionally trying to overthrow a legit election and our democracy. MY GOODNESS! From after the election, to Jan. 6th and to this current day, I can't believe this is open and shut and these people have been jailed for treason.

We are in a bad spot. Almost half the people are with Trump. The remaining people who understand the what is going on but those remaining who are in the dark for some reason will kill destroy our democracy.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    We are in a bad spot. Almost half the people are with Trump. The remaining people who understand the what is going on but those remaining who are in the dark for some reason will kill destroy our democracy.
    Man, I really need to bookmark the video if that Trump lady speaking to Bannon at an event saying something to the effect of, "I never wanted a dictator in my lifetime, but if we need to have one I want it to be Donald Trump." The TYT video is always the one that pops up, but it's like 10 minutes of them gabbing on after the 20 second clip. I just want the 20 second clip.

The anti-democratic authoritarianism isn't a bug of the modern Republican party, it's the damned foundation of it.