... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Netflix show,. hype
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

New Netflix show,. hype
    I'm not a huge fan of Netflix Cartoons, but if it's on the level of Arcane I'll watch it for sure.
    Hi

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So, 4 years after the announcement we have.. a logo. Can't say I'm left overly optimistic considering the development hell they churned Anthem through, and the end result spoke for itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Netflix Cartoons, but if it's on the level of Arcane I'll watch it for sure.
    I'll settle for it being on the level of Vox Machina levels for me to get excited. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account

Some gameplay would be nice...
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-12-04 at 08:59 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely nothing new in that trailer, hope they start showing some gameplay at some point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Absolutely nothing new in that trailer, hope they start showing some gameplay at some point.
    Well, Game Awards is the best moment for that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    UNOFFICIAL

There was an apparent leak of DA4 gameplay. Here is article with game details and a gameplay gif:

https://insider-gaming.com/dragon-ag...wolf-gameplay/

Original Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/c...n_age_4_alpha/

Obviously, nothing here is confirmed.

I'm going to guess something similar to DA:I, generic character action RPG combat, maybe some dragon flying combat.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    UNOFFICIAL

There was an apparent leak of DA4 gameplay. Here is article with game details and a gameplay gif:

https://insider-gaming.com/dragon-ag...wolf-gameplay/

Original Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/c...n_age_4_alpha/

Obviously, nothing here is confirmed.
    Hard pass from me. Good thing I had no hope left for the series. Not interested in yet another game that tries to be Dark Souls.

Lol, let's hope this is not real. No party control? Really?

Well not being party-based sucks, but the writing's on the wall after Andromeda and such I suppose. A well executed Like God of War But... combat system can still be quite fun but it's sad to hear a franchise that started by being a Baldur's Gate spiritual successor is now more an action game with lighter RPG elements.

Still, the proof is in the pudding and I will judge this once I take a good look at it, not before.

pls be gud tho, biower pls.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Well not being party-based sucks, but the writing's on the wall after Andromeda and such I suppose. A well executed Like God of War But... combat system can still be quite fun but it's sad to hear a franchise that started by being a Baldur's Gate spiritual successor is now more an action game with lighter RPG elements.

Still, the proof is in the pudding and I will judge this once I take a good look at it, not before.

pls be gud tho, biower pls.
    I don't know, for me party management is why I played these games and I won't bother otherwise. I'll catch up on the story on the wiki and over youtube out of curiosity I guess. Party based RPGs are my favourite and some of the few games I will give my very limited time to
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-02-07 at 12:50 AM.

Please no more "find herbs/ore/loot" everywhere in the world. My anal-collectiveness can't take it.

Thankfully, Bioware had the courtesy of turning into a rotting corpse EA keeps in the basement to avoid paying funeral fees long before this leak could still evoke any sense of disappointment.
    If I still believed in Dragon Age, this would probably hurt a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wait until an actual reveal before we see anything. Although I wonder if they are gonna stay on the Frost engine. It always seems to have problems.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-02-07 at 01:17 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd wait until an actual reveal before we see anything. Although I wonder if they are gonna stay on the Frost engine. It always seems to have problems.
    DA4 is sticking with Frostbite. The next ME is moving back to UE.

BioWare just love working with tech they're bad at and not investing in engineers, for some reason.

Not sure how to feel about that leaked footage. I really like DA, and have been looking forward to this for years, but the mess at BioWare has cast a shadow over everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

I just have to wonder why they would effectively switch genre between games.

They've gone in that direction in the series for a long time. From game to game, the RPG elements got watered down, including control over the followers, in place for more action / fast paced combat. Maybe they end up with just removing them completely. Though I'd prefer them to keep the party based aspects and give more control to the players again (like in DA:O).