Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    It also costs money to start a clan
    This is factually incorrect. Starting a clan only costs 100k gold - which is pretty easy to farm up, I've been hovering around 80k-90k since level 30 without doing any farming and while still using my gold to upgrade gear and gems along the way. You can easily make a clan for free. Just because someone chose to spend real money to start a clan does not mean that it costs money to start all clans.

It's hillarious how many apologists there are and what BS excuses they are coming up with. They are so blind that they can't even see 3 metres ahead...

Let's spell it out for them as a question:
    Why should companies continue making proper games if they can get stinky filthy rich with cash grabs like these?
    You really believe the success of shit like this won't affect you even if you don't spend any money in such games? You believe because it is now common pratice, especially for mobile "games", it is acceptable (because you were successfully conditioned into believing it is)? Then you are beyond gullible...

I started gaming at a time when people simply wanted to make fun games, without analyzing how to bind people to their game and milk them for every Penny they are worth (or even more as it has been proven over and over again). I wonder if it's mainly children / teenagers or people that were sleeping under a rock and didn't see the slow development from Oblivion horse armour to this.
    Back when they introduced the cash shop in WoW, I already was pissed but fanboys and girls were playing Blizzard white knights here. It got worse and worse and now we are at this point, with more people white knighting for Blizzard...

Sadly that's what we get with gaming becoming a mass market, attracting lots of casuals (in the worst sense of the word) that are fine with whatever BS companies come up with. It's like when such casuals started flooding the internet "thanks" to the first smartphones, often people that looked down on gamers and people using computers as a hobby. "Gaming / Computers are a waste of time!" *a few years later waste countless hours playing Candy Crush on their smartphones and posting private data all over FB* (Also don't forget them literally collecting lots of FB "friends" from playing Farmville and countless other FB "games" because this would give them bonuses in these games)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    You really believe the success of shit like this won't affect you even if you don't spend any money in such games? You believe because it is now common pratice, especially for mobile "games", it is acceptable (because you were successfully conditioned into believing it is)? Then you are beyond gullible...
    If it is already common practice then the success of yet another mobile game isn't something to get worked up over, right? Which is it? Common or this is something new that will convince companies to no longer make games the way you like? You seem to have a lot of anger about the subject that is clearly clouding your judgement. Relax. Go play a game from a company that aligns with your ideals.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If it is already common practice then the success of yet another mobile game isn't something to get worked up over, right? Which is it? Common or this is something new that will convince companies to no longer make games the way you like? You seem to have a lot of anger about the subject that is clearly clouding your judgement. Relax. Go play a game from a company that aligns with your ideals.
    Let's see if you have any balls to answer or are just parroting your beliefs.

Do you know what the boon of plenty does and how it works
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Let's see if you have any balls to answer or are just parroting your beliefs. Do you know what the boon of plenty does and how it works
    What does that have anything to do with anything I've said? Or you that desperate to insult and manufacture outrage that you just randomly blurt things out? The Boon of Plenty is a monthly subscription that unlocks some extra things like more storage. It comes with a secondary daily log in queue that requires you to log in each day or you lose your daily bonus. Does it suck that the daily bonus doesn't stack? Sure. But it is a daily bonus so nothing really wrong with it.

Is there something you would like to discuss? Or are you just interested in random performance theater? Nothing about the boon of plenty is revolutionary to mobile gaming and not something that will cause PC/Console developers to abandon their platforms to only develop on mobile.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-06-11 at 12:04 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Go play a game from a company that aligns with your ideals.
    it really is amazing how having any sort of standards, morals or ethics puts you at such odds with people who really have no actual argument to put forward.

7+ Year Old Account
    What does that have anything to do with anything I've said? Or you that desperate to insult and manufacture outrage that you just randomly blurt things out? The Boon of Plenty is a monthly subscription that unlocks some extra things like more storage. It comes with a secondary daily log in queue that requires you to log in each day or you lose your daily bonus. Does it suck that the daily bonus doesn't stack? Sure. But it is a daily bonus so nothing really wrong with it.

What is the next random thing you want to try and start something over while also trying to insult my man status or whatever other silly thing you think is some insult.
    I'm actually surprised you have knowledge of thier MTX practises. Because there's MTX. Then there's this game that has 22 currencies and shit like the boon of plenty where if you don't log in everyday you lose the perks they advertise as getting at day 25 day 30 etc so you need to stack them. Or the fact you can add 10 legendary crests to a run and they don't even show you this till you put in 3 etc. It's bonkers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    it really is amazing how having any sort of standards, morals or ethics puts you at such odds with people who really have no actual argument to put forward.
    It is optional entertainment. If you choose to seek out entertainment that upsets you then that is on you. It is healthier to seek out things you enjoy. The only one with out an argument here is yourself who keeps showing up take pot shots at those who don't align with your view of Diablo Immortal.

- - - Updated - - -

the boon of plenty where if you don't log in everyday you lose the perks they advertise as getting at day 25 day 30 etc so you need to stack them.
    Right. You understand how a login bonus with a cumulative streak works. Is this the first time you've heard of these type of things? You seem to know little of mobile gaming for one that is surprised about another being knowledgeable on a topic.

Quick question do you know what the boon of plenty does and how it works
    Yes, it's literally like the Blessing of the Welkin Moon in Genshin.

Yes, it's a daily log in bonus.

Yes, if you don't log in you skip that day.

No one is forcing you to buy it.

No one is lying to you about what it is.

If you think you'll log in every day and you don't mind the cost, then get it. If either one of those isn't true, then don't. What is so hard about this? Why do people keep talking as if something is being forced on you, or that the game is somehow lying about what's being sold?
    Last edited by Ghost of Cow; 2022-06-11 at 12:16 AM.

It is optional entertainment. If you choose to seek out entertainment that upsets you then that is on you. It is healthier to seek out things you enjoy. The only one with out an argument here is yourself who keeps showing up take pot shots at those who don't align with your view of Diablo Immortal.
    as opposed to you, whose entire argument here boils down to: "let's allow the absolute worst aspects of the games industry to run rampant, because..... just because."

can't wait until you're out here telling us NFT's are totally necessary for games companies to make a profit. not make a good product or anything absurd like that, just turn a profit.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Right. You understand how a login bonus with a cumulative streak works. Is this the first time you've heard of these type of things? You seem to know little of mobile gaming for one that is surprised about another being knowledgeable on a topic.
    Log in bonus is nothing new its the fact it's accumulative. So if you want the 30 day reward which is naturally the best reward you would need to buy another boon. Instead of logging in day 31 to get the 30 day reward because you missed a day

Totally fine though should just not buy it and play the game for free right? Which hits a wall at level 40 not even level 60

15+ Year Old Account
    as opposed to you, whose entire argument here boils down to: "let's allow the absolute worst aspects of the games industry to run rampant, because..... just because."
    I have never said just because and I've repeatedly said it would be nice if Diablo Immortal toned things down. What I've taken issue with is specific arguments made by people because you, and others, think they can say anything they want about the subject even when things are wrong. Just look at how you move the goal posts to insulting me with NFT talk because you can't help but vilify and demonize a person that doesn't agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Log in bonus is nothing new its the fact it's accumulative. So if you want the 30 day reward which is naturally the best reward you would need to buy another boon. Instead of logging in day 31 to get the 30 day reward because you missed a day. Totally fine though should just not buy it and play the game for free right? Which hits a wall at level 40 not even level 60
    Having a streak required to get a bonus is nothing new. Pokemon Go for example rewards you for first catch of the day and gives you a larger bonus on the 7th one. You don't need to buy another boon to get the 30 day reward. Your purchase lasts for 30 days so the 30th day reward would come on day 30. There is also no wall at level 40. There is nothing you need to pay for at level 40 and you can continue to play for free. It is amazing that you praised me for having knowledge of the game when you lack such yourself. Why do you hate something that you don't even understand?

7+ Year Old Account
    I have never said just because and I've repeatedly said it would be nice if Diablo Immortal toned things down. What I've taken issue with is specific arguments made by people because you, and others, think they can say anything they want about the subject even when things are wrong. Just look at how you move the goal posts to insulting me with NFT talk because you can't help but vilify and demonize a person that doesn't agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Having a streak required to get a bonus is nothing new. You don't need to buy another boon to get the 30 day reward. Your purchase lasts for 30 days so the 30th day reward would come on day 30. There is also no wall at level 40. There is nothing you need to pay for at level 40 and you can continue to play for free. It is amazing that you praised me for having knowledge of the game when you lack such yourself. Why do you hate something that you don't even understand?
    Oh so you're not even gonna try hide you're just here to troll. Nevermind then

no, what you take issue with is the way in which people are arguing their points, not the actual points they are making. it's pedantry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh so you're not even gonna try hide you're just here to troll
    How am I here to troll because I counter your incorrect statements with facts? All you are doing is showing that you are interested in nothing but hate. Why are you afraid of discussing things truthfully? Pokemon go has a daily bonus and a bigger one on the 7th day. Daily and "after X days" is a common thing in mobile games. There is no pay wall at level 40 that stops you from playing the game for free.

7+ Year Old Account
    How am I here to troll because I counter your incorrect statements with facts? All you are doing is showing that you are interested in nothing but hate. Why are you afraid of discussing things truthfully? Pokemon go has a daily bonus and a bigger one on the 7th day. Daily and "after X days" is a common thing in mobile games. There is no pay wall at level 40 that stops you from playing the game for free.
    Jesus. Why did I even reply to you in the first place.

"Counter my incorrect statements" "interested in nothing but hate"

for pointing out the game has 22 currencies and is designed to buy more so what you do buy isnt even enough to do things in game unless you get the bigger bundles. Thats all provably true

But yea Ill be over here with my incorrect hate filled rant that I apparently hate AND dont understand at the same time. But yeah you're being totally genuine ay lad. Not just here to stir at all. Ay.

Jesus. Why did I even reply to you in the first place.

"Counter my incorrect statements" "interested in nothing but hate"

for pointing out the game has 22 currencies and is designed to buy more so what you do buy isnt even enough to do things in game unless you get the bigger bundles. Thats all provably true

But yea Ill be over here with my incorrect hate filled rant that I apparently hate AND dont understand at the same time. But yeah you're being totally genuine ay lad. Not just here to stir at all. Ay.
    Well....you clearly don't understand, or you're intentionally misrepresenting.

Then you call other people trolls when they correct you.

So yes, you seem like you're just here to scream about the game for the sake of screaming about it.

- - - Updated - - -

no, what you take issue with is the way in which people are arguing their points, not the actual points they are making. it's pedantry.
    That's because most of the arguments are just people raging, calling names, saying "I can't believe you're shilling!" and "Go kiss Bobby's ass more!" or claiming the game is somehow lying or controlling them.

Very few people have actually sat down and discussed WHY they're so mad. Only that they are, and that some youtuber said so, and that gaming is being destroyed.

You'll notice that the one time someone actually did, I had a pretty good exchange with them. Just 99% of you aren't

- - - Updated - - -

Having a streak required to get a bonus is nothing new. Pokemon Go for example rewards you for first catch of the day and gives you a larger bonus on the 7th one. You don't need to buy another boon to get the 30 day reward. Your purchase lasts for 30 days so the 30th day reward would come on day 30. There is also no wall at level 40. There is nothing you need to pay for at level 40 and you can continue to play for free. It is amazing that you praised me for having knowledge of the game when you lack such yourself. Why do you hate something that you don't even understand?
    Cut the bullshit. You are arguing with everyone and being a pedantic dick because you want to justify spending your time in what you know is a predatory, deeply unethical game. You aren't confident in your decisions and need to lash out at others to justify yourself.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Well....you clearly don't understand, or you're intentionally misrepresenting.

Then you call other people trolls when they correct you.

So yes, you seem like you're just here to scream about the game for the sake of screaming about it.
    I understand just fine that you guys are so far gone you dont see a problem with buying log in bonsues for a start, but even to the point where you'll miss your 30 day reward unless you do log in every day, but hey they also offer the ability to stack said log in bonuses so if you do miss a day dont sweat it.

Or how about the fact the game offers a bundle at the end of every dungeon that starts at 89 cents and slowly ramps up. Because thats what gaming is!

But anyway I could go on but all you're gonna reply with is "Its been done before" "dont play it"

And then when D4 comes out and is just as much of a mess as this game because it made 10 billion dollars I'll want to slap you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post

Very few people have actually sat down and discussed WHY they're so mad. Only that they are, and that some youtuber said so, and that gaming is being destroyed.
    again with you clowns, apparently backing our arguments with examples of how this works means we were brain washed by it or something equally fucking stupid. it couldn't possibly be true most of us were NOT thrilled by this games announcement from the get go. no, you're totally addressing people's concerns here honestly. you are totally not being obtuse and out of pocket yourself.