Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe... just maybe... down the line...

We will get San'layn armor customization for Priests, Mages and Warlocks.

Specifically what we see the Blood Princes wear. I mean... the Dark Ranger armor set isn't really anything spectacular.

The cowl behind the head... maybe the face mask with the teeth? And the pendant.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-06-09 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Specific examples please.
    Simple.

http://www.winnow.veeshanvault.org/f...%20Edition.pdf

Here's the PDF of the WoW RPG. Classes start on Page 56.

Find me the Mage Class.

---

You can see clearly, there is no 'Mage' class in the WoW RPG. You are an Arcanist who takes the Mage path. If you want to play a Warlock in the WoW RPG? You are an Arcanist who takes the Warlock path.

This is a specific example of how the RPG differs greatly from WoW. And let's be absolutely clear - this RPG book came AFTER WoW was already released.

So are Forsaken categorized as Humanoids. It's for gameplay balance.
    Then you have your answer for Elves with customization options turning into undead. Same reason why DK's don't get new racials.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-09 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Simple.

http://www.winnow.veeshanvault.org/f...%20Edition.pdf

Here's the PDF of the WoW RPG. Classes start on Page 56.

Find me the Mage Class.

---

You can see clearly, there is no 'Mage' class in the WoW RPG. You are an Arcanist who takes the Mage path. If you want to play a Warlock in the WoW RPG? You are an Arcanist who takes the Warlock path.

This is a specific example of how the RPG differs greatly from WoW. And let's be absolutely clear - this RPG book came AFTER WoW was already released.
    Dude. Again, you give general lines.
    I meant how much classes like the Death Knight and Demon Hunter differ from their RPG depiction.

Then you have your answer for Elves with customization options turning into undead. Same reason why DK's don't get new racials.
    I wasn't talking about categorization. I was talking about new capabilities, which both of them get but not the Dark Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    No but at the least it should have been a 4th spec along with the Skin that can only be used with that skin to make it abit more lore heavy and less likely to see alive dark ranger specs going around, if you know what i mean.
    Now, I've a bit of a personal bias for an arcane archer class being added that could go more into that, but, outside of Sylvy, everything Dark Rangers do in game can be replicated by a hunter. There's no real burning drive for it. Hunters just, munched up the Dark Ranger archetype to the point Dark Rangers just show up in the Hunter class hall

Could they expand it further? Possibly, hence my vague arcane archer idea. Do we have enough to add a 4th spec to hunters at this stage? As much as I miss lock and load procs, probably not, no. That's why Survival got scrapped back in the day

Yet Lightforged and Mag'har are their own allied race.

Model changes aren't a requirement for a separate allied race option. The key feature would be new racials that help bridge the concept of playing as a Dark Ranger. Racials can go a long way, it really helps distinguish the Dark Irons from merely being Dark skinned Dwarfs.
    All Allied races have a model change. Some are minor (The hairstyles are different between Mag'har and orcs), some are major (Nightbourne), but there is a model difference

If you want these as their own allied race, you are saying you want at least 2 more brand new elf races added to the game who are for all intents and purposes identical to existing races, just with different racials. Which, while certainly an interesting take, is also not how the game has done stuff previously. Plus... Lightforged and Highmountain got criticised for basically being the base race with different horns, and this'd be the same thing all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I'm not being pedantic at all but ok, I still think Blizz massively dropped the ball here and the idiots who accept it will accept shitty compromises in the future simple as.
    They've said since we saw the Sandfury skin and were hoping for some explanation, like "Sandfury trolls joining the Horde given the Zandalari?", that they're not bothering with lore explanations. Just like how it remains inconsistant on how exactly the Night Warrior skin works

Frankly, them not wanting to do it as an allied race like Lightforged or Mag'har is promising for if they do add any more as there might be some good work put in there and not "Lightforged and Highmountain round 2 but this time its dead elves"
    Last edited by Mecheon; 2022-06-10 at 01:42 AM.

Dude. Again, you give general lines.
    I meant how much classes like the Death Knight and Demon Hunter differ from their RPG depiction.
    Mages in WoW RPG use Familiars and can summon Air, Earth, Fire and Water Elementals. That is literally their level 1 and level 4 trait respectively. Mages in WoW do not use Familiars and only summon Water Elementals. Is this the kind of specificity you're asking for?

And why are you bothering comparing WoW to the RPG if you aren't going to read what is actually in the RPG? I literally sourced you, told you the page to look up, and you couldn't even bother looking it up.

I mean the list of core classes in the WoW RPG are Arcanist, Barbarian, Healer, Paladin, Rogue, Scout, Tinker, and Warrior. Isn't that enough to show you how different it is to WoW? Even in the Arcanist section alone, it talks about Multiclassing Necromancer/Warlocks as a viable class option. WoW doesn't allow that at all. There's huge differences here.

I wasn't talking about categorization. I was talking about new capabilities, which both of them get but not the Dark Ranger.
    You're not talking about anything since you aren't even reading what's being said.

Dark Rangers aren't a playable class in WoW, which is why they don't have new abilities. That's the first problem with your argument; you assume they can only be playable as a class. Blizzard has made Dark Rangers playable through a customization option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    All Allied races have a model change. Some are minor (The hairstyles are different between Mag'har and orcs), some are major (Nightbourne), but there is a model difference

If you want these as their own allied race, you are saying you want at least 2 more brand new elf races added to the game who are for all intents and purposes identical to existing races, just with different racials. Which, while certainly an interesting take, is also not how the game has done stuff previously. Plus... Lightforged and Highmountain got criticised for basically being the base race with different horns, and this'd be the same thing all over again.
    Then give them more hairstyles. Then make them more visually different. Having them be their own Allied Race means Blizzard has to put the effort into building up the lore and gameplay representation properly.

Look, they already made this customization and people are still complaining so whatever half measures you think work better clearly don't. All you're implying is they shouldn't bother making a Darkfallen Allied race because you don't think X complaints over Darkfallen customization matter while you think Y complaints over Lightforged and Highmountain customizations do. There's no consistency to your argument.

The most sensible answer is they either do Darkfallen and Dark Rangers properly, or they don't do it at all. Whatever they provided here with customizations is so confusing considering you can literally roll a NE Druid with red eyes and pale skin, which contradicts the very same lore that they tried to define. At the very least, Allied Races have a controlled pick of what classes they have access to, AND they tend to get new lore to explain any uncommon class combos.

Your answer here is literally 'We should listen to complaints about Allied Races reusing models, but not to any complaints about customizations'. And I flat out disagree.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-10 at 04:49 AM.

Mages in WoW RPG use Familiars and can summon Air, Earth, Fire and Water Elementals. That is literally their level 1 and level 4 trait respectively. Mages in WoW do not use Familiars and only summon Water Elementals. Is this the kind of specificity you're asking for?
    Arcane Familiar
    Talent
    Instant 10 sec cooldown
    Requires Mage (Arcane)
    Requires level 15
    Summon a Familiar that attacks your enemies and increases your maximum mana by 10% for 1 hour.

And why are you bothering comparing WoW to the RPG if you aren't going to read what is actually in the RPG? I literally sourced you, told you the page to look up, and you couldn't even bother looking it up.

I mean the list of core classes in the WoW RPG are Arcanist, Barbarian, Healer, Paladin, Rogue, Scout, Tinker, and Warrior. Isn't that enough to show you how different it is to WoW? Even in the Arcanist section alone, it talks about Multiclassing Necromancer/Warlocks as a viable class option. WoW doesn't allow that at all. There's huge differences here.
    These are just different names to the classes' specs.
    What is an Arcanist if not an Arcane Mage?
    What is a Barbarian if not a Fury Warrior?
    The others literally exist as classes in WoW.

You're not talking about anything since you aren't even reading what's being said.

Dark Rangers aren't a playable class in WoW, which is why they don't have new abilities. That's the first problem with your argument; you assume they can only be playable as a class. Blizzard has made Dark Rangers playable through a customization option.
    They're not even a new race. Nothing suggests they get new powers when choosing such customization option.

Then give them more hairstyles. Then make them more visually different. Having them be their own Allied Race means Blizzard has to put the effort into building up the lore and gameplay representation properly.

Look, they already made this customization and people are still complaining so whatever half measures you think work better clearly don't. All you're implying is they shouldn't bother making a Darkfallen Allied race because you don't think X complaints over Darkfallen customization matter while you think Y complaints over Lightforged and Highmountain customizations do. There's no consistency to your argument.

The most sensible answer is they either do Darkfallen and Dark Rangers properly, or they don't do it at all. Whatever they provided here with customizations is so confusing considering you can literally roll a NE Druid with red eyes and pale skin, which contradicts the very same lore that they tried to define. At the very least, Allied Races have a controlled pick of what classes they have access to, AND they tend to get new lore to explain any uncommon class combos.

Your answer here is literally 'We should listen to complaints about Allied Races reusing models, but not to any complaints about customizations'. And I flat out disagree.
    I think you've hit it, but not in the way you've realised. That is, define 'properly' in this case. Because.... Why shouldn't the undead NElves just have, the NElf racials? We haven't seen them do anything special. In respect of doing it 'properly', the game's been moving ever since Cata to make Dark Rangers just, hunters. Sylvannas has her unique stuff, yes, but that's generally been shown to be Sylvannas' stuff. You absolutely mow through other Dark Rangers in other quests like they're nothing, and the most they'll have is Black Arrow or a bone spider or dog.

So, basically, these were the choices

1: Put the undead elves on either side, noting that the NElves are basically just as they were normally with no special powers, and the BElves haven't had any hints at special powers outside of being stereotyped as elites, and put development time there. Explain why these are suddenly important. Inevitably get massive complaints from Alliance side that we've got another Allied race that's just a reskin of another. Also, this is even questioning if Allied races are ever going to be added again, given the big notable lack of any since BfA.
    2: Make the NPC only skins available to players so they can do whatever they want and figure it out themselves, like done for the Night Warrior skins or the Sandfury options for Darkspear. Heck, this even matches how the Night Warrior stuff was handed out so there's that consistency
    3: Don't release them at all. With Sylvy out of the picture, Dark Rangers are probably going to become completely irrelevant in the game outside of rarely popping up in quests, just like most Legion class halls, the Cenarion Circle, basically 90% of the organisations we've done stuff for. They missed out on their period of relevancy

Any way is going to lead to complaining, but clearly this is the way for the quickest 'here's a neat option for folks'.

Arcane Familiar
    The WoW RPG's Arcanist doesn't have any Arcane Familiar. They have a list of animal companions that are called Familiars.

1st Level—Summon Familiar (Su): A mage can obtain a familiar. A familiar is a normal animal that gains new powers

These are just different names to the classes' specs.
    What is an Arcanist if not an Arcane Mage?
    What is a Barbarian if not a Fury Warrior?
    The others literally exist as classes in WoW.
    No, that's just your own bullshit interpretation. Like I said, actually read the .pdf I linked.

Arcanist is literally the 'Every Spellcaster' class.

Warlock, Necromancer and Mage are Arcanist 'Specs' in the WoW RPG. Mage is an Elemental Arcanist, Warlock is a Fel Arcanist, Necromancer is a Death-magic Arcanist. If WoW worked like that, you wouldn't have a Mage and Warlock class, you would have an Arcanist class with a Mage spec and a Warlock spec.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why you're even talking about the RPG. It's pretty clear that you're just bullshitting your arguments. Looks like Lorgar was quite on point.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you've hit it, but not in the way you've realised. That is, define 'properly' in this case. Because.... Why shouldn't the undead NElves just have, the NElf racials? We haven't seen them do anything special. In respect of doing it 'properly', the game's been moving ever since Cata to make Dark Rangers just, hunters. Sylvannas has her unique stuff, yes, but that's generally been shown to be Sylvannas' stuff. You absolutely mow through other Dark Rangers in other quests like they're nothing, and the most they'll have is Black Arrow or a bone spider or dog.
    I fully agree, but the Hunter still should have customizations or abilities to reflect Dark Rangers being Hunters. Even in the basic source material for Dark Rangers has depicted them with unique abilities that Hunters right now do not have. Stuff like Wailing Arrow and Withering Fire are already available to Hunters, so it's not much of a stretct to then offer it as glyphs or talents or even Racials if need be. Look at how the Firelands Druid Staff cosmetic form made its way into an actual Druid transmog option.

The fact is, we don't have any of that right now. Player Hunters don't even have Black Arrow right now, so is it not reasonable to expect to at least some gameplay representation if they're going to officially recognize this as Dark Ranger?

Any way is going to lead to complaining, but clearly this is the way for the quickest 'here's a neat option for folks'.
    But no one asked for it to be quick. I mean honestly, what is the point of having a quick option when people have been waiting literal decades for a Dark Ranger option? Do it right or don't do it at all.

I mean for as much as you say it was bad for Lightforged and Highmountain to be made into Allied Races, Wildhammer and Sandfury merely being customizations is worse. And I'd say their presentation here is even worse because they haven't even formally recognized these as being 'Darkfallen' customizations; they literally called it Dark Ranger customizations and left everyone to decide how they think their Night Elf Druid with Red Eyes has anything to do with Dark Rangers.

I mean with the Night Warrior customizations, they literally explained how you don't actually become a Night Warrior from having Black Eyes. It's literally explained as a residual effect that affected those who were close to Tyrande during her ritual, and they otherwise did not gain the same powers as Tyrande did, who is the only actual known Elune-empowered Night Warrior that we interacted with during BFA. This is a race-wide effect that is not exclusive to any class, so the customizations make sense. But you are right comparing it to Wildhammer and Sandfury, because Blizzard has given no ingame explanation on the why's and how's for these customizations existing. And that's why the criticism for them is valid and legitimate.

While I'm totally all for more Racial customizations in the game, I don't think it's right that Blizzard is presenting them with less explanation than new Race-Class combos. A big part of RP is making sense of what you're able to represent in game.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-10 at 07:30 AM.

But no one asked for it to be quick. I mean honestly, what is the point of having a quick option when people have been waiting literal decades for a Dark Ranger option? Do it right or don't do it at all.
    More harsh way to look at it? The customisations are probably the barest and just out of nowhere because, customisation is probably the most wildely like thing in the entire expansion. Darkfallen are popular, with undead elves being one of the more higher requested things. How do you get people to resub for the last patch of the expansion with no big content to it?

Throw a tiny bone that'll draw in folks to two popular races (Plus a class specific transmog in the hope they have to do it a second time).

(mind when I'm on, I'm over on an RP server so folks there are just cackling at being able to roll things that aren't death knights for their various undead elves)

More harsh way to look at it? The customisations are probably the barest and just out of nowhere because, customisation is probably the most wildely like thing in the entire expansion. Darkfallen are popular, with undead elves being one of the more higher requested things. How do you get people to resub for the last patch of the expansion with no big content to it?

Throw a tiny bone that'll draw in folks to two popular races (Plus a class specific transmog in the hope they have to do it a second time).

(mind when I'm on, I'm over on an RP server so folks there are just cackling at being able to roll things that aren't death knights for their various undead elves)
    I'll agree with your former point. I completely disagree with the latter as being a way to get people to resub, this was clearly meant for the people who are already subbed since they did zero marketting for this and snuck everything in under the radar, in complete secrecy, with no announcement of the feature at all.

It's most likely the only people who know and care about the customizations are people who are already playing the game. And even then, it's only appealing to the niche Dark Ranger fans who are openly accepting them as a customization, as opposed to having any expectation of having actual gameplay representation through a new class or class customization. Right now we have neither; it's a Race customization and a Transmog set instead of an actual Class customization like we've seen for Warlock Green Fire.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-10 at 05:27 PM.

The WoW RPG's Arcanist doesn't have any Arcane Familiar. They have a list of animal companions that are called Familiars.

1st Level—Summon Familiar (Su): A mage can obtain a familiar. A familiar is a normal animal that gains new powers
    "Familiars are creatures who are bound to a character and follows them for a certain reason or from a certain force, warlocks and shaman are known to have familiars following them. Such cases in a warlock are demons he offers up a sacrifice to and binds to himself to operate like a guardian of sorts. For a shaman it is a spiritual thing for a familiar in usually the shape of a wolf to lead them or protect them, most likely a spirit of their ancestor. These creatures can be from guardians to slaves to deeply bound pets, in some rare cases hunters have familiars who are ethereal and spiritual."

Arcanist is literally the 'Every Spellcaster' class.

Warlock, Necromancer and Mage are Arcanist 'Specs' in the WoW RPG. Mage is an Elemental Arcanist, Warlock is a Fel Arcanist, Necromancer is a Death-magic Arcanist. If WoW worked like that, you wouldn't have a Mage and Warlock class, you would have an Arcanist class with a Mage spec and a Warlock spec.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why you're even talking about the RPG. It's pretty clear that you're just bullshitting your arguments. Looks like Lorgar was quite on point.
    What you're talking about is the path they choose.
    Just like Kel'thuzad becoming a Necromancer or a Mage becoming a Warlock. This is part of WoW too.

What you're talking about is the path they choose.
    Just like Kel'thuzad becoming a Necromancer or a Mage becoming a Warlock. This is part of WoW too.
    Except it's not, since Warlocks aren't playable through the Mage Class, nor is a Necromancer playable.

There's a clear example of how the WOW RPG deviates in both mechanics and lore. I'm not sure why you're still arguing as though they are the same thing.

Cuz if all you're arguing is that there's a connection between the two, then Elven Paladins becoming Dark Rangers exist in both the WoW RPG and in WoW right now. If you already acknowledge that Paths are part of WoW even though Necromancers aren't playable, then Prestige classes exist through Dark Ranger being a customization for Elves of any Class. Dark Rangers don't have to be a playable class any more than Necromancers not being their own playable class. And we can acknowledge that both are a part of WoW through the lore.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-10 at 06:25 PM.

Except it's not, since Warlocks aren't playable through the Mage Class, nor is a Necromancer playable.

There's a clear example of how the WOW RPG deviates in both mechanics and lore. I'm not sure why you're still arguing as though they are the same thing.

Cuz if all you're arguing is that there's a connection between the two, then Elven Paladins becoming Dark Rangers exist in both the WoW RPG and in WoW right now. If you already acknowledge that Paths are part of WoW even though Necromancers aren't playable, then Prestige classes exist through Dark Ranger being a customization for Elves of any Class. Dark Rangers don't have to be a playable class any more than Necromancers not being their own playable class. And we can acknowledge that both are a part of WoW through the lore.
    We're talking about lore now, not gameplay.
    In lore, Warlocks are former Mages who were tempted to delve into the dark arts. Kel'thuzad is an example of a mage delving into necromancy.
    It all translated into canon WoW lore.
    It doesn't need to be represented in gameplay for it to be canon. You don't sacrifice a character to create a Death Knight, but we know we were a former hero of some sort.

In lore, Warlocks are former Mages who were tempted to delve into the dark arts. Kel'thuzad is an example of a mage delving into necromancy.
    It all translated into canon WoW lore.
    It doesn't need to be represented in gameplay for it to be canon. You don't sacrifice a character to create a Death Knight, but we know we were a former hero of some sort.
    Then you're still full of bullshit because you haven't regarded any lore in the RPG at all. All you've done is taken snippits from WoWpedia.

None of what you explained above is in the WoW RPG. They don't source Kel'thuzad or Warlocks as being Mages who delve into dark arts, they are literally still Arcanists using Arcane magic, and are literally being described as being corrupted BY Arcane magic, not other types of Dark magic. This is why they are literally still Arcanists, and not a separate class. The WoW RPG does not have Death magic and Fel magic; those spell schools didn't exist back when the lore was made for the WoW RPG. Fel and Death magic was only first formally realized through Chronicles, otherwise all forms of Dark Magic were considered a type of Arcane magic in the RPG.

They even have this reflected in the 'Arcane Corruption' section that literally explains how your character shifts alignment for continued use of Arcane magic as a Necromancer or Warlock.

So again, you're full of shit.

Arcane corruption was a concept early on in the Warcraft RPG that carried over into the WoW RPG but never really fully realized in WoW. It was a legacy Warcraft 3 concept when they implied Arcane magic corrupts its users and draws demons to Azeroth; which was lore that existed before Fel magic was fully realized. Fel magic was retconned into being the root cause of corruption, not Arcane magic itself. This was all before Chronicles outlined the cosmos and rendered what we know of Magic today. In current WoW lore, the only thing bad about Arcane magic is potential addiction, not actual corruption into becoming Necromancers and Warlocks.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-11 at 07:01 AM.

Then you're still full of bullshit because you haven't regarded any lore in the RPG at all. All you've done is taken snippits from WoWpedia.

None of what you explained above is in the WoW RPG. They don't source Kel'thuzad or Warlocks as being Mages who delve into dark arts, they are literally still Arcanists using Arcane magic, and are literally being described as being corrupted BY Arcane magic, not other types of Dark magic.

They even have this reflected in the 'Arcane Corruption' section that literally explains how your character shifts alignment for continued use of Arcane magic as a Necromancer or Warlock.

So again, you're full of shit
    Which was developed in WoW into Arcane can cause addiction, which corrupts the user.
    Mages from the Kirin Tor, Blood elves, Highborne and Nightborne all attracted demons and ended up summoning them after delving into the Arcane.
    Kel'thuzad literally started practicing necromancy in the libraries of Dalaran.

Which was developed in WoW into Arcane can cause addiction, which corrupts the user.
    Mages from the Kirin Tor, Blood elves, Highborne and Nightborne all attracted demons and ended up summoning them after delving into the Arcane.
    Kel'thuzad literally started practicing necromancy in the libraries of Dalaran.
    Except the Necromancers and Warlocks in WoW are not Arcane practitioners. They adopted different magic.

In the WoW RPG, there is no fel or death magic type. Necromancers and Warlocks in the RPG are still Arcane users, and they are literally Arcane corrupted addicts. Very big lore difference.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-11 at 07:34 AM.

Except the Necromancers and Warlocks in WoW are not Arcane practitioners. They adopted different magic.

In the WoW RPG, there is no fel or death magic type. Necromancers and Warlocks in the RPG are still Arcane users, and they are literally Arcane corrupted addicts. Very big lore difference.
    "The ultimate manifestation of the demonic arcane on Azeroth is fel energy. Fel energy, which most commonly manifests itself as ghastly, green-yellow flame, is arcane magic at its most corrupt, for it employs the blood of demons. Unlike arcane magic the use of fel magic corrupts the user's body and soul. By contrast, the chief danger of arcane magic is that using it inevitably leads to the desire to wield greater power: power that only fel magic can provide. When the demons brought death and damnation to Azeroth, they also carried their own brand of magic to the world. Fel magic is pure, evil and arcane; it resides in the blood of demons. This blood has magical properties; it is addictive to arcane magic users and can be used to create evil weapons. When a weapon is forged in demon blood, it becomes a fel weapon. It glows with a foul, yellow-green fire and deals extra damage to good-aligned opponents. Some arcanists can cast fel spells, perhaps after drinking demon blood".

There is Fel Magic in the RPG. They just didn't separate it completely from the Arcane until the Chronicles came out.

"Necromancers are spellcasters whose magics manipulate the power of death. In calling upon this power, necromancers risk being consumed by it — until eventually they join the ranks of the undead. Necromancers twist arcane magic to manipulate the power of death. Commanding the undead, generally in the service of the Scourge, they gradually take on the characteristics of the dead — hollow eyes, shambling gaits, pallid and sunken skin, foul odors and so forth. A few necromancers are uncorrupted. The most experienced necromancers become epic necromancers."

Same thing with necromancy. It existed. They just didn't make it entirely it's own magic type but a derivative.

That's why Warlocks and some Necromamcers being former Mages make sense.

That's why Warlocks and some Necromamcers being former Mages make sense.

Necromancers are spellcasters whose magics manipulate the power of death. In calling upon this power, necromancers risk being consumed by it — until eventually they join the ranks of the undead.[41] comes from the Alliance and Horde compendium. This is Warcraft RPG lore, not WoW RPG.

None of this lore is from the WoW RPG. You're mixing up material from the Warcraft RPG that came before it.

You literally paraphrased WoWpedia instead of sourcing the WoW RPG. WoWpedia mixes both Warcraft RPG and WoW RPG lore and they don't actually work together.

The Warcraft RPG's Necromancer is a prestige class.
    Any Evil character with 8 ranks in Knowledge can become a Necromancer, so a particularly smart and evil Barbarian or Rogue can become a Necromancer. This is why the text above generally talks about Commanding death without directly referencing Arcane magic, because it implies that even Paladins can become Necromancers if they choose to become evil (though that will also limit their Holy spellcasting capabilities as a result).

Necromancers twist arcane magic to manipulate the power of death. Commanding the undead, generally in the service of the Scourge, they gradually take on the characteristics of the dead — hollow eyes, shambling gaits, pallid and sunken skin, foul odors and so forth. - This section is from the WoW RPG.

The WoW RPG changed game systems to only Arcanists having access to the Necromancer Path. The WoW RPG literally sources Arcane magic manipulating Death, exclusively. The fact is, you don't become a Necromancer in the WoW RPG, you merely take ranks in the path and have access to Necromancer spells. Your Arcanist can take the Mage or Warlock path AND be able to cast Necromancer spells (with a modifier disadvantage). They literally have a section explaining this for the Arcanist.

Again, you're just arguing bullshit. You literally do not know what you're talking about. You aren't talking about the WoW RPG lore at all if you're mixing up other sources in your argument. I mean you might as well talk about Necromancers being Priests of Rathma at this point.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-11 at 04:18 PM.

Necromancers are spellcasters whose magics manipulate the power of death. In calling upon this power, necromancers risk being consumed by it — until eventually they join the ranks of the undead.[41] comes from the Alliance and Horde compendium. This is Warcraft RPG lore, not WoW RPG.

None of this lore is from the WoW RPG. You're mixing up material from the Warcraft RPG that came before it.

You literally paraphrased WoWpedia instead of sourcing the WoW RPG. WoWpedia mixes both Warcraft RPG and WoW RPG lore and they don't actually work together.

The Warcraft RPG's Necromancer is a prestige class.
    Any Evil character with 8 ranks in Knowledge can become a Necromancer, so a particularly smart and evil Barbarian or Rogue can become a Necromancer. This is why the text above generally talks about Commanding death without directly referencing Arcane magic, because it implies that even Paladins can become Necromancers if they choose to become evil (though that will also limit their Holy spellcasting capabilities as a result).

Necromancers twist arcane magic to manipulate the power of death. Commanding the undead, generally in the service of the Scourge, they gradually take on the characteristics of the dead — hollow eyes, shambling gaits, pallid and sunken skin, foul odors and so forth. - This section is from the WoW RPG.

The WoW RPG changed game systems to only Arcanists having access to the Necromancer Path. The WoW RPG literally sources Arcane magic manipulating Death, exclusively. The fact is, you don't become a Necromancer in the WoW RPG, you merely take ranks in the path and have access to Necromancer spells. Your Arcanist can take the Mage or Warlock path AND be able to cast Necromancer spells (with a modifier disadvantage). They literally have a section explaining this for the Arcanist.

Again, you're just arguing bullshit. You literally do not know what you're talking about. You aren't talking about the WoW RPG lore at all if you're mixing up other sources in your argument. I mean you might as well talk about Necromancers being Priests of Rathma at this point.
    We're talking about the RPG as a whole.
    And what you are describing is still translated in WoW into Mages becoming Warlocks or Necromancers.

Then, i'm talking about the World of Warcraft RPG, where the Dark Ranger (Horde player's guide) is depicted.
    We're talking about the RPG as a whole.
    And what you are describing is still translated in WoW into Mages becoming Warlocks or Necromancers.
    If we're talking about the lore of the Dark Ranger from WoW RPG, and the RPG as a whole, then what is the problem with Dark Rangers? They're already supported in the game the same way they are in the RPG. You said you were talking about lore, right? Well the lore in WoW already supports any class becoming a Dark Ranger through the customizations, same as in the Warcraft and WoW RPG. Dark Ranger is a Prestige class, meaning you take any class and become a Dark Ranger through customizations in both games.

If you're implying that WoW is basing their classes on the WoW RPG, then Dark Rangers are already playable.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-12 at 02:45 AM.