Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    They did add the teleport to dungeon in WotLK. Not sure if it was at the start of WotLK but I think it was. I know people are theorising without the tool questing will probably be faster as there was an EXP bonus for using it over entering on your own.

A lot of people see it as the start of reduced required social interaction. When I compare my experience from Retail to Classic my guild is a lot closer and do more together than my Retail guild ever did. Another thing is people don't ditch groups as fast when something goes wrong, in retail a tank may just drop the group and instantly find a new dungeon group teleported there if he feels it is to slow.

I kind of want it and don't want it. Leveling becomes much more enjoyable when you teleport to dungeons and find groups while questing. But it feels like a step in reduced social interaction that we have in Retail.
    It was 100% not there at the start I remember it coming very well as I liked it at the time (I was at college and very lazy, so it meant I could smash out tonnes of random heroics instead of running around Dalaran waiting for something to happen when my friends weren't on). Otherwise nobody really did dungeons by the time it came out as they were a piece of piss and dropped nothing relevant.

Initially there was a tool where you could see other groups, and whisper the leader but IIRC there was no 'apply' button, so it was a lot more similar to the non-teleporty LFG system we have today. The teleporting to dungeon was later, either the ICC patch or perhaps the ToTC one and didn't apply to raids until LFR which I think was Dragon Soul.

Edit: Final point, I don't think I'd like the teleport-LFG tool, I don't think it chimes with the experience I had playing classic which I really enjoyed, they may add it, but I don't think they were targeting 'player minutes' in the same way back then, and so perhaps not.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Stop lying.

This is the first time ever I am hearing someone say this and is something I have never experienced back then in retail Wrath or on private servers.

GS was always an issue when it came to inviting people to pug raids, but it has never been an issue with RDF. And if this did happen often, then you still don't have an argument against RDF as the same thing would happen (much more often actually) without RDF too.

Yeah, I’m definitely lying about something was rampant during WotLK. Imagine trying to argue it didn’t happen because “I never saw it”
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-06-10 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. This guy has gotta be trolling. You realize that LFD WAS IN WRATH, right?
    It was in the last content patch and not from the start. Might have been a convenience for some but for others it ruined what little was left.

Quote Originally Posted by storn206 View Post
    It was in the last content patch and not from the start. Might have been a convenience for some but for others it ruined what little was left.
    It was a great convenience and upgrade for a huge amount of people. The only thing it ruined was some peoples ego's that they were suddenly not as essential to their 'friends' as they thought.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yeah, I’m definitely lying about something was rampant during WotLK. Imagine trying to argue it didn’t happen because “I never saw it”
    It’s better to get kicked once in a blue moon over your gearscore / ilvl vs being denied in the majority of manually made groups. Not that you remained low gearscore for long with the dungeon finder.

If you're not lying then you probably forgot that wrath launch dungeons were so utterly trivial that nobody cared about GS because it was impossible to wipe there.
    And in 2022 the same will be true for the ICC ones.

for raids I agree with you
    for regular dungeons and heroics? that wasn't a thing
    I played on several servers on german and english realms and that happened not once and no one told stoeries about that shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by storn206 View Post
    and yet it was ~50% of wrath's lifetime

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    If you're not lying then you probably forgot that wrath launch dungeons were so utterly trivial that nobody cared about GS because it was impossible to wipe there.
    And in 2022 the same will be true for the ICC ones.
    iirc only running away from lich king was critical and had a higer chance to wipe

Now why would i want the reason that i am not playing retail to come back. I am playing Vanilla and tbc beacause i dont want LFD and LFR in my game
    Last edited by Etna-the-Undying; 2022-06-11 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    It was a great convenience...
    For many, that is the problem of retail... Just too much convenience.

I'm not going to miss the days of GearScore when you would join a random dungeon group, queue into the dungeon, notice everybody inspecting you... then all of a sudden you're back in Dalaran.
    Have fun looking for a group in /2 and not getting invited due to your gearscore. Whats the difference? LFG tool is just a time saver.

I'm not going to miss the days of GearScore when you would join a random dungeon group, queue into the dungeon, notice everybody inspecting you... then all of a sudden you're back in Dalaran.
    Okay this literally NEVER happened... GearScore is now built into the game. If you want to do top tier raids, get better gear.

It wasnt rampant during WotlK you would rarely get kicked from a group because of gear level, you dont want to be in those groups anyway, players running around in BiS gear dont care if you are even a fresh char in the dungeon they actually prefer lower geared chars in the group for someone to show off to, ICC dungeons were the only ones that offered any sort of challenge and required higher gear to enter.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I almost figured they would have added it to TBC like they did guild banks.
    Guild banks were in 2.3.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    For many, that is the problem of retail... Just too much convenience.
    But that wasn't what tipped it into 'too much convienence' at least in my opinion.

That would be Cataclysms world-on-rails-plus-you-like-funny-internet-memes-right quest design.

Hell I'd even argue that starting as early as TBC with most of their dungeons being straight hallways Blizzard was sliding down that road. To blame LFD -specifically- for the main reason people lost their innocence is a bit much.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    NEver seen or heard of someone getting kicked from LFD because of GS. so it's not as rampat as you want to claim.

GS was a bitch for people wanting to pug raids not dungeons.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    NEver seen or heard of someone getting kicked from LFD because of GS. so it's not as rampat as you want to claim.

GS was a bitch for people wanting to pug raids not dungeons.
    That was my experience as well back in the day, I have no clue why people are seemingly trying to conjure new "problems" out of their arse when trying to portray LFD as "bad" and justify its complete exclusion in WotLK. Even though, I guess, I might be answering my own question there

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    That was my experience as well back in the day, I have no clue why people are seemingly trying to conjure new "problems" out of their arse when trying to portray LFD as "bad" and justify its complete exclusion in WotLK. Even though, I guess, I might be answering my own question there
    It's 100% what it is. You can't even kick someone right away. It has a timer for after combat and loot rolls. You would be wasting more time kicking someone, getting a replacement, and then just randomly hoping that persons gs is better than just steam rolling the place and moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The privilege is rampant in this very thread. And writing it off because it didn’t happen to you is just honestly hilarious at this point. Or sad. Take your pick.

The privilege is rampant in this very thread. And writing it off because it didn’t happen to you is just honestly hilarious at this point. Or sad. Take your pick.
    I am not sure if you get the irony of your post or if it really flew that much above your head

Just let the #LFDisbad people live in peace. We are supposed to be tolerant towards fringe minorities in 2022.