Page 43 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    How old was Anakin when he became Vader? How much time has passed? Because it sounds as if he's still a temperamental immature psycho.
    All sith and dark side users are temperamental immature psychos...even the emperor.
    Eps 6 you see the emperor get angry a few time for no major reason, when Vader has a audience regarding Luke and when Luke declares himself a Jedi.

We are reportedly getting a Reva spin off show.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Yikes.

Those last 2 episodes better have her do some Oscar-worthy shit then, or this is just The Big Cringe.

Why on Earth?

I get the hyper defense of the actress from the cast and crew, given the way the racist twats have been attacking her, but the character and her portrayal are objectively bad and don't really fit Star Wars at all. Moses Ingram would be fine in pretty much any show set in the modern world (but not, say, a period piece set in medieval Europe, for example; she'd be just as bad a fit for that as she is Star Wars). She's just really not clicking all that well with this franchise. Even Samuel Jackson, who only ever plays himself, fit in better than she is. 'Course I feel the same way about Indira Varma, too, but I don't see anyone doing a spin-off with her.

I'd much rather see something with Haja (Kumali Nanjiani) or even a political drama set on Alderaan with the Organas. But... Reva? Just... what are they thinking?

I get how/why they'd make a series about her (she's clearly going to be redeemed somehow as her youngling training/teachings return to her in some way), but... she's just an awful, off-putting character that takes you right out of the setting every time she's on screen.
    Last edited by Infinity Cubed; 2022-06-11 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    All sith and dark side users are temperamental immature psychos...even the emperor.
    Eps 6 you see the emperor get angry a few time for no major reason, when Vader has a audience regarding Luke and when Luke declares himself a Jedi.
    I see a lot of people complaining that Sith are acting emotionally and particularly out of anger or by inflicting fear.

And, like, that's Star Wars. That's literally the Sith "thing". In many cases, as in the case of nearly all Inquisitors specifically, it's also a specific rejection of their prior Jedi training; they intentionally revel in their heightened emotionality as a way of continually rejecting and flouting the rules of the Jedi Code they were once held to.

It's exactly like a teenager staying out past curfew just to show their parents they're an adult now and the parents can't make them follow the rules any more, man. It's not deep, but it was never "deep". A few Sith become interesting despite this, but a lot of them just act like angry teenagers all the time. Heck, go play SW:TOR as a Dark-sider; that fits most of the Sith you'll meet in that game, and while you can choose a more Light-sided path, a lot of the Dark-side choices boil down to "be an angry asshole for no good reason".

Sith also generally have a limited lifespan. While you get some old/ancient Sith, the whole power-hierarchy leads to a LOT of internecine slaughter, as a natural expression of the Sith Code. Reva killing the Grand Inquisitor, in Sith terms, just demonstrates Reva's ability and potential, and the Grand Inquisitor's failures and getting what he deserved. It's very much "whoever's left standing was ethically correct and in the right". The idea that this kind of mentality is self-destructive is not a negative, it's the intrinsic goal of the Sith Code; only those who can survive that kind of testing deserves success.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I see a lot of people complaining that Sith are acting emotionally and particularly out of anger or by inflicting fear.

And, like, that's Star Wars. That's literally the Sith "thing". In many cases, as in the case of nearly all Inquisitors specifically, it's also a specific rejection of their prior Jedi training; they intentionally revel in their heightened emotionality as a way of continually rejecting and flouting the rules of the Jedi Code they were once held to.

It's exactly like a teenager staying out past curfew just to show their parents they're an adult now and the parents can't make them follow the rules any more, man. It's not deep, but it was never "deep". A few Sith become interesting despite this, but a lot of them just act like angry teenagers all the time. Heck, go play SW:TOR as a Dark-sider; that fits most of the Sith you'll meet in that game, and while you can choose a more Light-sided path, a lot of the Dark-side choices boil down to "be an angry asshole for no good reason".

Sith also generally have a limited lifespan. While you get some old/ancient Sith, the whole power-hierarchy leads to a LOT of internecine slaughter, as a natural expression of the Sith Code. Reva killing the Grand Inquisitor, in Sith terms, just demonstrates Reva's ability and potential, and the Grand Inquisitor's failures and getting what he deserved. It's very much "whoever's left standing was ethically correct and in the right". The idea that this kind of mentality is self-destructive is not a negative, it's the intrinsic goal of the Sith Code; only those who can survive that kind of testing deserves success.
    While I can agree with your thinking I cannot agree with your post.

Yes, Sith are trained to embrace their Anger, their Hate, their Fear, their Rage, but they are also trained to CONTROL it. They are trained to harness that emotion into the Force and let it fuel their power not let it control them.

I have played Sw:tor on ALL classes both Light and Dark and your assessment of that is completely WRONG. At least from a player perspective and even some of the more notable characters do not act like teenagers on an emo tantrum. But that is a topic for another time.

These emo Sith children are just that children. they have no clear purpose, no clear path, no clear traning and to be honest that is the way the Emporer and Vader want them. As I said in another post, just enough to be dangerous but not enough to be a threat.

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
    Through Passion, I gain Strength.
    Through Strength, I gain Power.
    Through Power, I gain Victory.
    Through Victory my chains are Broken.
    The Force shall free me.

This is the true training of the sith. There is no passion in these idiots, only emo rage and anger. They want to be badasses but are just lackeys with nothing to do but walk halls and streets "looking" like they are in control. Hell even green dude can see that much.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also the problem is not that they are Sith and acting like Sith - but with the quality of their acting and to a degree also with the quality of writing in later episodes. In the first episode Reva was bearable. A new young Sith character with emotional control issues, I expected her to be severely disciplined (or even killed) by the end of episode 1. But then I realized that's impossible considering the actress.

Oh and whoever whats to point out that they are not Sith they are Inquisitors. You are wrong. They are Sith. Sith Inquisitors.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    ((they aren't Sith so I dont know why people are expecting writers who created the lore to make them behave like Sith...whatever your interpretation of Sith behavior is. the distinction doesnt come from the fans, it comes straight from the story group))

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ((How to say I didn't watch Rebels without saying I didn't watch Rebels.))
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Disney slowly killing off my nearly 40 year investment in Star Wars, subpar production by subpar production.
    "yOu aRe wRoNg" - Darththeo

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Honestly, I don't see the issue in a spin-off existing. I can always just not fucking watch it if I don't even like the very idea of it.
    Nah, man. Its very existence is a Slap in the Face™!!!

But the current Diablo Immortal fiasco is pretty apropos of the "you're all going to watch it anyway" thing: Guy spends $10k on the game just to prove that the company is evil for monetizing the game so much...everyone eats it up...and people wonder why these nefarious companies keep doing the very thing we're pretending to be outraged about.

5+ Year Old Account
    And everyone will watch it
    Dream on, I can't see many doing that.

My guess if we find out about how Reva got to where she is, as in.. she is one of those little Jedi at the start in the temple.. and she turns good here in his show but gets got by Vader in the process. The Reva show ends up being that kid becoming the mad overly emotional inquisitor we got here today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Dream on, I can't see many doing that.
    You clearly underestimate the power of hate watch videos. There are many channels on YouTube that will watch something to specifically make videos and talk about how bad they perceive it to be. Hell some of them are making videos longer than two episodes of Kenobi on why it's so "bad", so yes, they'll definitely watch a Reva series just for the money they'd make.

Clickbait rage on YouTube for the gullible/hateful is, dare I say it, all the rage.
    There are a lot of channels I unsubbed from because they found how popular hate is, so thats all they do, and most of the time it's not even constructive, it's just Disney = Bad, or Blizzard = Bad.

Same with some websites, Bounding into Comics used to be a decent site, then they figured out they can stoke the fires of outrage.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    yep. It used to be that "sex sells." While it still does, there is nothing quite like a bit of "outrage" on the internet to draw people in, even if it is entirely lacking in facts.
    Outrage is just a driving factor is so much right now, not just movies.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

There was one Star Wars channel a while back, I think Thor Skywalker, who didn't say anything and went like 3 months without making negative videos on the sequels, just pretty normal commentary on whatever. He then made a video talking about how his income had been halved almost immediately and his sub growth stopped in its tracks.

Just like all media, creators have to follow the audience if they want to make a living, ya? Pretty wild stuff!

How strange, given the sheer number of channels that do nothing but positive spins/comment on Easter Eggs that do well. But, you know, facts.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I have played Sw:tor on ALL classes both Light and Dark and your assessment of that is completely WRONG. At least from a player perspective and even some of the more notable characters do not act like teenagers on an emo tantrum. But that is a topic for another time.
    Did we play different SWtors because sith in that act like teen abets all the time and constantly throw tantrums.

The best example is proabbly Darth Baras who not only was on the Sith councils but also almost became the speaker for the emperor.

Then there’s death Thanaton who is upset about your rise through the ranks and betrays the empires war effect because of it before whining before the council about you after you Beat him, and then there are countless lower Sith like the acolyte trainer for the SI who goes against his own masters wishes because he wants a pure blood to be elevated not a slave.

There are are likely more teenage esc Sith in Swtor then not.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    How strange, given the sheer number of channels that do nothing but positive spins/comment on Easter Eggs that do well. But, you know, facts.
    I think it's more like once you get an audience for x, changing (or being perceived to change) is a big deal.

Since we get to choose our media now we all just watch stuff that reinforces our views all the time