Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My money is on cleric. It could have skills for anything. holy, death, demonic you name it. Melee and shield, two-handed weapons. I'd call that going back to basics.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moze View Post
    Im afraid it will be a boring shield using class.
    Its already boring af, 3 out of 4 basic DnD classes present ....Warrior/Mage/Thief; Druid was ray of hope ... but lets be honest its already downhill deal, if next one Priest or Paladin and its R.I.P. creativity
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bring back the witch doctor
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    God no please. That class was so unpopular it was the only one left out of Diablo Immortal. Necro is just a cooler WD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Not to mention for Diablo, proper. The religious iconography has been toned down over the years, but I still feel it to be a strong part of the overall atmosphere of the franchise. We need a Holy zealot of some flavour to fight demons.
    That’s so true. I miss the religious aspect. It was cool and added deep mythology. Blizzard is always so scared of telling dark stories these days.

Here's hoping we find out tomorrow with the Microsoft event if the rumors are true
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Would be really weird to not have a holy magic type class. Crusader/Paladin/Cleric is pretty much a must have in any fantasy setting.
    To be fair Crusader was not released in D3 until the expansion so while it will probably eventually be added in some form a holy class might not be in at launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Sorry but I think they are gonna go with Necromancers as the summoner class over Witch Doctor and regret not going with that to begin with after how much players missed Necromancer

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Here's hoping we find out tomorrow with the Microsoft event if the rumors are true

To be fair Crusader was not released in D3 until the expansion so while it will probably eventually be added in some form a holy class might not be in at launch

Sorry but I think they are gonna go with Necromancers as the summoner class over Witch Doctor and regret not going with that to begin with after how much players missed Necromancer
    The Witch Doctor was not designed as a replacement necromancer

The Witch Doctor was not designed to be a replacement for the Necromancer. Developers have stated that if there was ever to be a playable Necromancer class for Diablo III, the presence of the Witch Doctor would not prevent them from implementing it.[9] According to Jay Wilson, a key difference between the classes is that the Witch Doctor is more inclined to deal direct damage than the Necromancer, which aside from specific builds, was pet heavy.[10] The desire to distinguish the Witch Doctor from the Necromancer meant that it took awhile to develop the class's abilities. As there was a desire to add the Necromancer post-release, the Witch Doctor's skills were designed to avoid overlap.[7]
    Also, they look way scarier and cooler than emo skeleton kids imo
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2022-06-12 at 02:11 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

will definitely be paladin/crusader even though i really want to see amazon

10+ Year Old Account
    My money is on Paladin, i think they want to appease old school d2 fans

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    My money is on Paladin, i think they want to appease old school d2 fans
    We've already got Barbarian, Druid and Sorcerer(ess) as classes that debuted in D2. I'd like at least one of the classes in the new flagship game to be an original, even if it means we get a Zealot or some other flavor of holy class instead of just a fourth D2 class transplanted verbatim. One of the things I liked about D3 is that they actually tried to make new classes besides Barbarian.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    We've already got Barbarian, Druid and Sorcerer(ess) as classes that debuted in D2. I'd like at least one of the classes in the new flagship game to be an original, even if it means we get a Zealot or some other flavor of holy class instead of just a fourth D2 class transplanted verbatim. One of the things I liked about D3 is that they actually tried to make new classes besides Barbarian.
    They might do that in the future but i'm pretty confident that it will be paladin this time around

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they overall try to go back to the roots, with both dark atmosphere and original classes. So no class experiments for now.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I think they overall try to go back to the roots, with both dark atmosphere and original classes. So no class experiments for now.
    Which would suck IMO. Making the fifth class a half-mad holy zealot or something along those lines would still fit the edgy quota plenty while still being something vaguely new instead of yet another D2 class being rehashed. D2's a good game with a strong legacy but mindlessly aping it won't make D4 better.

But it's no big deal in the end. We'll see how things shake out at some point.

It might be Paladin because of its popularity in D2, but Necro is most likely given how iconic it is at this point, along with demon hunter from D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are bringing in a heavy armor, then my bet is on crusader /paladin.

But what I would rather have is a death knight. A combination of necro and paladin into one. Go full summoner or go full tank. Wield death magic rather than holy this time... would be a fun twist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which would suck IMO. Making the fifth class a half-mad holy zealot or something along those lines would still fit the edgy quota plenty while still being something vaguely new instead of yet another D2 class being rehashed. D2's a good game with a strong legacy but mindlessly aping it won't make D4 better.

But it's no big deal in the end. We'll see how things shake out at some point.
    Sure, a frothing zealot paladin/crusader to whom everyone is a sinner could work perfectly. Same class concept, different personality. D3 Crusaders were kinda too nice people for their occupation.

Ok, the we got 5th class:

Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-12 at 06:56 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Eh, Necromancer is a tad overplayed at this point but it's also my second favorite Diablo class after Barbarian so I'll take it.

That gameplay video tho, I loves it. I really dig the art style, the crunchy gameplay, Strongholds, endgame systems, and while I don't own a console couch co-op + crossplay sounds awesome, I'll be able to go at my friend's and play my characters on his Xbox.

Open world is my main worry, if it's a big pile of generic and procedurally generated locations I'll be disappointed. But if they can pull it off it'll be an amazing experience to have fun, rewarding exploration in a Diablo game. Blizzard can consider me, if not hyped, then at least attentive now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, Necromancer is a tad overplayed at this point but it's also my second favorite Diablo class after Barbarian so I'll take it.

That gameplay video tho, I loves it. I really dig the art style, the crunchy gameplay, Strongholds, endgame systems, and while I don't own a console couch co-op + crossplay sounds awesome, I'll be able to go at my friend's and play my characters on his Xbox.

Open world is my main worry, if it's a big pile of generic and procedurally generated locations I'll be disappointed. But if they can pull it off it'll be an amazing experience to have fun, rewarding exploration in a Diablo game. Blizzard can consider me, if not hyped, then at least attentive now.
    Necro was heavily indicated to be a class when D4 was announced and Rathma was shown to be a potential boss. And about procedurally generated locations, I think it is partially a given. Open worlds with more hand crafting and fully randomized dungeons.

Also, today they give us quarterly report with Necro. Game release seems to be aiming at Jan-Feb.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-13 at 05:33 AM.

Didn't expect Necromancer. Mostly because he was just in D3. But I like playing Necro in D2, D3, and Immortal. So I can't complain too much.

Also seems they are adding some more interesting mechanics to Necros with the book of the dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've said elsewhere on this forum it was always likely to be a summoner class and necro is far more popular than witch doctor whilst also being strongly linked to Lilith through Rathma in the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine that some time after the game releases, like a year or so, they would add another class. Perhaps through an expansion or some other major content patch.

5 classes is a lot, but D2 and D3 ended up with 7 classes and Diablo Immortal will most likely end up with 7 if the "Blood Knight" datamined information is correct.

There definitely will be more classes in Diablo IV.