Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    How in the world can you be certain of that? D3 was literally pay to win for a while. WoW is now pay to win. DI is pay to win. How are you going to say for certain D4 won't be?
    How can you say for certain it WILL?

Nothing is certain until we have more information.

What information we DO have is that trading is limited to items below the top tier. Granted, it's been a long time since they talked about trading - but when they did, they made it a point to say you cannot trade the best items, you have to find them yourself.

So while they could have changed things in who knows what way, all the information we ACTUALLY have (outdated as it is) says it's not p2w.

Until we have more information, anything else is pure conjecture.

Pretty excited that they actually implemented a decent character customization system.

Guessing we just ignoring the point of them saying everything will be released in the next 12 months. Meaning Diablo 4 is spring 2023 release. And as no AAA game releases in June and rather rare for them to release in April or May, it's most probably February or March 23 release date. Meaning it's actually 9 months away.

Wonder how many cash shops will be stuffed into it.

I think a lot of players are finding it hard to get too hyped about D4 right now. It's like the best people are hoping for is that it isn't pay to win. It just seems very likely it will be a full price game with all the cool transmogs, mounts, pets, spell visuals, character customisations, basic quality of life stuff like stash space and anything else they can gouge the player extra for taken out.

I think the whole Diablo Immortal thing has driven home to a lot of players that Blizzard no longer views them as a community to be embraced but as a resource to be exploited. The writing has certainly been on the wall for quite a while but DI was just so blatant about it that even the most vocal Blizzard supporters can't really deny it any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cross-play.

When I see that word, all I can think of is "What kind of concessions have been made at PC's expense?"
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

for me most important is can we play it on mobile ? after playing diablo on mobile i cba to play it on pc or console - way to much fun in DI

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    How in the world can you be certain of that? D3 was literally pay to win for a while. WoW is now pay to win. DI is pay to win. How are you going to say for certain D4 won't be?
    I'm sorry what? Did P2W change since I last looked at it? I didn't know I could pay 200$ in WoW to get gear.

D3's Auction house system was a neat thought, and at least they tried something new. The fact players could actually make money at the time was also a neat little system. Not saying it was a good system but I didn't mind people buying stuff from OTHER players for their stuff. With that said D3 on launch had some of the worst drop rates ever, almost making buying gear on the AH a must if you wanted to get the best stuff. I don't see them really trying to do that or re-introduce that into D4. Now I do think that their cosmetics will be grossly over priced, they always are.

D:I is 100% P2W ( P2E )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Me: Blizzard I want playable necromancer

Blizzard: Okay

Me.... I MEANT IN WoW >.<

*Monkey paw finger curls*

On-Topic, was hoping for Paladin, but they'll probably add them later down the line.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    for me most important is can we play it on mobile ? after playing diablo on mobile i cba to play it on pc or console - way to much fun in DI
    Available platforms are mentioned in the OP.
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBrood View Post
    I'm sorry what? Did P2W change since I last looked at it? I didn't know I could pay 200$ in WoW to get gear.

D3's Auction house system was a neat thought, and at least they tried something new. The fact players could actually make money at the time was also a neat little system. Not saying it was a good system but I didn't mind people buying stuff from OTHER players for their stuff. With that said D3 on launch had some of the worst drop rates ever, almost making buying gear on the AH a must if you wanted to get the best stuff. I don't see them really trying to do that or re-introduce that into D4. Now I do think that their cosmetics will be grossly over priced, they always are.

D:I is 100% P2W ( P2E )
    You can't - not in WoW. It's just people with limited comprehension or intelligence, who latch on to any thing they hear or see and use it to denigrate something, without first checking to see if it's actually true or not. Pretty typical of society today.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Cool I still have time to sell my house so I can fund the first week of playing Diablo IV

Still just looks like d3 with the brightness turned down. Good to see the last 3 years of development have yielded absolutely nothing.

Though ultimately this game will live or die based on how well they manage to nail the endgame farming loop;

If it's like d2, with a complex web of valuable rares, magics, runewords built by extremely rare runes, rare bases used to build those valuable runewords in, and uniques, most or all with good stat roll variation that makes them worth farming for even beyond your first find and with different areas that are ideal for different builds or for targeting different finds, it could be great.

If it's like d3, where it takes about 2 hours to find near-best-in-slot gear, just using whatever set bonus is most OP this season and endlessly farming boring, procedurally generated rifts to upgrade equally boring gems, then it'll suck ass.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Wonder how many cash shops will be stuffed into it.
    All of them, you can talk to CM Guldan for more details.

7+ Year Old Account
    So they are banking on every diablo 2 class
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Cross-play.

When I see that word, all I can think of is "What kind of concessions have been made at PC's expense?"
    IIRC the Xbox Series X is a more powerful console than like 95% of all active PC's currently tracked on Steam's hardware survey. And the Series S is close to that too.

So your worries don't make any sense in this generation of consoles tbh. If they were announcing it for Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbone, then it'd be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    You can't - not in WoW. It's just people with limited comprehension or intelligence, who latch on to any thing they hear or see and use it to denigrate something, without first checking to see if it's actually true or not. Pretty typical of society today.
    You can literally buy items from the Mythic raid on the AH with gold purchased with real money. The world first race guilds all post about how much gold they need to spend to be even able to compete in that race. You really think none of them are throwing any real money into WoW tokens when there's that much on the line?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    IIRC the Xbox Series X is a more powerful console than like 95% of all active PC's currently tracked on Steam's hardware survey. And the Series S is close to that too.

So your worries don't make any sense in this generation of consoles tbh.
    I'm not referring to graphics. I mean in the gameplay perspective.

The question is not "Will it be P2W?", but rather "How much will it be be P2W?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ, I'd need a powerful machine for this game.