Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    The question is not "Will it be P2W?", but rather "How much will it be be P2W?"
    My guess would be none. Same as Diablo 3, today.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    You can literally buy items from the Mythic raid on the AH with gold purchased with real money. The world first race guilds all post about how much gold they need to spend to be even able to compete in that race. You really think none of them are throwing any real money into WoW tokens when there's that much on the line?
    Everyone who is saying WoW is P2W is because you can buy gold with WoW tokens and THEN spend this gold on a carry.

Nobody is saying WoW is P2W, because you can buy 2 BOE's from the AH. Furthermore, the gold these world-first guilds spend on is not because of these BoE's lol. All in all, you are correct that WoW is sorta P2W, but your comment on why that is, is just totally wrong.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-06-12 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Christ, I'd need a powerful machine for this game.
    Blizzard always optimizes for the low-end. I doubt this will be any different.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    The question is not "Will it be P2W?", but rather "How much will it be be P2W?"
    Here's you answer: https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/...CgzfG5lNEqAAAA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    2004 - 2009: WoW makes all its money from subscriptions, they'd never sell cosmetics outside of the bonus from collector editions
    2010: WoW starts selling pets and mounts
    2008-2011: Diablo III will be a return to glory with no extras except maybe cosmetics for money
    2012: Diablo III launches with RMT
    2011- 2014: Well, that's just cosmetics, WoW would never sell gold or something
    2015: WoW starts selling gold (aka token)
    2016-2017: Well, at least Blizzard is sticking with PC
    2018: Diablo Immortal announced with, at the time, no port expected to PC
    2019-2021: Well, I'm sure Blizzard won't be too aggressive with monetizing D:I
    2022: D:I launched with some of the most aggressive monetization of any mobile game

"Meme on immortal"? Are you even paying attention at all?

Do you not understand the trend here? There are exactly 2 chances that Diablo IV will be launched without an aggressive monetization scheme...slim and none.
    You gotta be dense if you think they are going to put mobile level monetization in a flagship PC game. Its not happening. Im not inhaling copium. Its common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Well would you look at that? If I rolled my eyes any harder they would fall out of their sockets. Common sense wins the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NecroVane View Post
    Still just looks like d3 with the brightness turned down. Good to see the last 3 years of development have yielded absolutely nothing.

Though ultimately this game will live or die based on how well they manage to nail the endgame farming loop;

If it's like d2, with a complex web of valuable rares, magics, runewords built by extremely rare runes, rare bases used to build those valuable runewords in, and uniques, most or all with good stat roll variation that makes them worth farming for even beyond your first find and with different areas that are ideal for different builds or for targeting different finds, it could be great.

If it's like d3, where it takes about 2 hours to find near-best-in-slot gear, just using whatever set bonus is most OP this season and endlessly farming boring, procedurally generated rifts to upgrade equally boring gems, then it'll suck ass.
    It looks visually significantly better than diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    IIRC the Xbox Series X is a more powerful console than like 95% of all active PC's currently tracked on Steam's hardware survey. And the Series S is close to that too.

So your worries don't make any sense in this generation of consoles tbh. If they were announcing it for Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbone, then it'd be a different story.
    I think the worry is more about the control scheme. Controllers have different strengths and weaknesses than mouse/keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Cross-play.

When I see that word, all I can think of is "What kind of concessions have been made at PC's expense?"
    IDK, D2R is on console too and has controller support, but they didn't compromise the PC version at all. In fact, by adding the alternative casting option to PC they arguably improved it.

I get that this is a real fear, but at least one of the more recent precedents isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    After immortal i won't remotely believe anything they say until we see the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    After immortal i won't remotely believe anything they say until we see the final product.
    Then wait for the final product, who cares?

Still dont understand why Diablo still has its camera view point from above.

We turned from Warcraft3 from that view point toward World of Warcraft toward the backside of the character i wonder why they dont move this toward the Diablo franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that the narrator from Total War Warhammer lol?

Sigh, so Diablo 4 is gonna have endless power creep aka bot infested paragon lvling -,-?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

We turned from Warcraft3 from that view point toward World of Warcraft toward the backside of the character i wonder why they dont move this toward the Diablo franchise.
    World of Warcraft isn't an RTS, its a completely different type of game.

Diablo isn't swapping genres, it's remaining as a dungeon crawling arpg so why would they dramatically change how the game is presented for a new title in the series when that genre is an essential part of the franchise.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

Many skills wouldn’t work in a first or third person perspective, yet are considered iconic to diablo. In this case I suppose Blizz decided to cater more to nostalgia than innovation.

Really hope you can opt out from meeting randoms in the world except when you want to for things like world bosses and such.

Sucks if a local event happens and suddenly there's 50 others there and you all compete for mobs. Kinda ruins the Diablo feel imo.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-06-12 at 09:37 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Really hope you can opt out from meeting randoms in the world except when you want to for things like world bosses and such.

Sucks if a local event happens and suddenly there's 50 others there and you call compete for mobs. Kinda ruins the Diablo feel imo.
    There's likely to be some kind of throttle in place there, in the vein of WoW's sharding. Obviously they won't have EVERYONE share the same world - they've known this is a terrible idea for 15+ years and consistently implemented ways to handle it.

We'll see more as the Beta gets underway but I'd be very surprised if we see 50+ people in one spot (outside of hub towns). That seems like too much for most people to handle.

Why does she look so ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There's likely to be some kind of throttle in place there, in the vein of WoW's sharding. Obviously they won't have EVERYONE share the same world - they've known this is a terrible idea for 15+ years and consistently implemented ways to handle it.

We'll see more as the Beta gets underway but I'd be very surprised if we see 50+ people in one spot (outside of hub towns). That seems like too much for most people to handle.
    Yeah I was exaggerating... personally I don't even want 1 to join me if I don't want it to.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    This game can't come soon enough. Very excited.