Thread: Starfield

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh, cute. No Man's Skyrim.

No Man's Sky is at least visually distinct.

I am looking forward to this one, I think the gameplay video they put out looks great.

Looks like a mix of CyberPunk and No Man's Sky, but before the studios started fixing them.

It looks like No Man Sky + Star Citizen lite w/ Bethesda role playing woven in.

I can see what they're trying to do, and I like a lot of it, but it feels too ambitious.

And it needs way more time in the oven. The combat, performance, environment design, and flying looked like they all needed a lot more work.

1000 planets sounds like a really bad idea. Just start with like 15 at launch and make them all cool and unique = much better than 1000 copy/paste empty planets + 8 core plot planets or whatever it'll be.

15 fleshed out planets would still be like 1000 hours of exploring playtime if done right and they could always just add more, which they'll 100% be doing DLCs for this forever probably.

I'm more skeptical of this now than I am hopeful.

It's looking like it'll launch and it'll take them 2 years more years to finally get the game playing how it's intended like Cyberpunk, No Man Sky, BF 2042, Halo Infinite, etc, etc
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2022-06-12 at 09:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i just hope when it comes to pc i can use my left and right mouse to move i dont wanna have to use asdw to move.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    i just hope when it comes to pc i can use my left and right mouse to move i dont wanna have to use asdw to move.
    This has to be one of the most niche desires for PC game controls in the first person & third views.

I actually like this too, by the way. Love driving forward with LMB+RMB. Only a few games all me to do it though. Usually MMOs.

Complete SHIT.

Destiny + fallout+ cyberpunk. Diablo immortal takes the spot

That was extremely underwhelming. Visual fidelity was...not good, and the artstyle was pretty bland. Gunplay looked AWFUL and that UI was terrible as well (I really hate the Fallout-looking exp / health bars). Not to mention that performance and character animation. This is looking more just like a filler release until ES6 and this of course doesn't give me much hope that we'll see big improvements on that either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya'll are way too grumpy and cynical, the game looked great
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good, only thing I'm worried about is the 1000 planets thing. Seems like an arbitrary number to generate hype and the reality will be a lot of procedurally generated worlds with barely anything of note on them. I could be wrong, but part of why I loved Fallout 3 and Oblivion so much was how despite the worlds being big, everything was hand crafted. Ever since Skyrim I think they've been making the games with less and less of a personal touch and focusing more on scale.

Cant wait to play this, its right into my alley. Looks great to me as well. Combat is probably like fallout, it get the job done but nothing exceptional, but I dont play these games for the gun play anyway.

This hate the game is getting is so annoying. You know atleast it's real gameplay. Elder Scrolls and Fallout were never about "wowing" you. It's the about the world you're going in. And this seems like it's gonna do it's job really well. Also Bethesda games like these always looked like they were one gen behind in terms of graphics.

I for one can't wait to play this.

If "all" the game amounts to is NMS with some actual depth to the sub-systems, better combat, and better graphics, and an actual story being told and shown through good voiced dialog and good quests, I'll be ecstatic. NMS is too simplistic for my taste and more just a space version of a walking sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Ya'll are way too grumpy and cynical, the game looked great
    Probably just realists. Just about every game "looks great" but virtually every game released in the last 5 years has been non-innovative reskins of other games, and it's largely the triple A developers pumping them out.

If you're just looking for an experience another game has already given you, but with a different setting, characters, aesthetic, etc then Starfield will probably please you, but I'm highly skeptical of the game being anything more than a clone of other RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    If you're just looking for an experience another game has already given you, but with a different setting, characters, aesthetic, etc then Starfield will probably please you, but I'm highly skeptical of the game being anything more than a clone of other RPGs.
    I see no problem with this. After watching the 15 minute gameplay, it looks awesome. And yes, I AM just looking for more reskins of all my favorite games (dark souls, fallout, skyrim, kingdoms of amalur, dragon age) with slight improvements of systems; mostly combat and stability if we're talking about bethesda games.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This hate the game is getting is so annoying. You know atleast it's real gameplay. Elder Scrolls and Fallout were never about "wowing" you. It's the about the world you're going in.
    The early TES games had Kirkbride's rich lore which informed the art direction, and after Todd saw Jackson's LotR trilogy and decided to go for generic aesthetics, the setting still had the foundation of Kirkbride's lore. And Bethseda's Fallout games were built on a foundation of better lore.

The world of Starfield seems incredibly bland. Nothing I saw or heard captured the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The early TES games had Kirkbride's rich lore which informed the art direction, and after Todd saw Jackson's LotR trilogy and decided to go for generic aesthetics, the setting still had the foundation of Kirkbride's lore. And Bethseda's Fallout games were built on a foundation of better lore.

The world of Starfield seems incredibly bland. Nothing I saw or heard captured the imagination.
    The question "whats out there?" captured mine. If it's a story about mystery then I'm all in. Too many space stories where the story isn't about space.

Didn't excepted anything, so it's a quit nice surprise. As many have said, the 1000 planets numbers isn't necesarrily a good thing if they are just copy-pasted or procedurally generated with a poor diversity. Not gonna buy before the first reviews anyway.