Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In WoW you can pay real money to "win". You can also spend actual time to accomplish the same thing.

In Diablo Immortal, in order to achieve the highest level of power in the game you need to pay.

One is bad, the other is worse. The worry is that accepting awful we're normalizing bad.

As someone who's pushing 40 and has been here for all of gaming's evolution, the crap kids will accept these days from game companies is astounding.

You shouldn't pay to skip content. Period. If people feel compelled to skip content it's because the content isn't fun, it's only there for the rewards. But they know that, and people keep buying it. It's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    In WoW you can pay real money to "win". You can also spend actual time to accomplish the same thing.

In Diablo Immortal, in order to achieve the highest level of power in the game you need to pay.

One is bad, the other is worse. The worry is that accepting awful we're normalizing bad.

As someone who's pushing 40 and has been here for all of gaming's evolution, the crap kids will accept these days from game companies is astounding.

You shouldn't pay to skip content. Period. If people feel compelled to skip content it's because the content isn't fun, it's only there for the rewards. But they know that, and people keep buying it. It's insane.
    I kind of feel like its fighting yesterday's battle. I mostly play old abandoned ware myself these days outside of wow and indie games.

The past has past and a new age of nickel and diming has dawned.

As it's open world, i hope they fix the bullshit of finding some rares (yellow/purple mobs) and not being able to get loot from them as they've already been tagged. That shit in DI was garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I kind of feel like its fighting yesterday's battle. I mostly play old abandoned ware myself these days outside of wow and indie games.

The past has past and a new age of nickel and diming has dawned.
    Yeah probably.

I remember when a new installment on a video-game series was just pure excitement for what they were going to come up with next.

Now you think: Ok, they're making a new one, but will it be designed by the developers or the business?

You can't *just* be excited anymore. Except maybe with some outlier companies like NCsoft, Klei, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Still dont understand why Diablo still has its camera view point from above.

We turned from Warcraft3 from that view point toward World of Warcraft toward the backside of the character i wonder why they dont move this toward the Diablo franchise.
    Because "World of Warcraft" is not the same as Warcraft IV. If we got a Warcraft IV you can bet your ass it'd be top down as well. Diablo, and for the most part all dungeon crawler ARPGs, have traditionally been isometric.

They'd never do a mainline Diablo game that isn't isometric, but maybe someday they'll develop an offshoot with different gameplay set in the Diablo universe. I could personally see a Skyrim/Witcher 3 style of game set within the Diablo universe doing well. But it won't be called "Diablo #"
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...manager-327360

there you go - best proof DI is absolute succes :0 no matter how many youtubers streamers whine

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...manager-327360

there you go - best proof DI is absolute succes :0 no matter how many youtubers streamers whine
    They are probably going to make it just like poe, extra stash tabs, emotes and cosmetics etc etc.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Seriously a woman necro should of been male.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm preordering physical Collector's Edition.
    I have that from Diablo III, still in mint condition, almost untouched. It's a beautiful box with tons of awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post

Simply: because it always existed. Boosting-Services existed since the beginning of WoW; with the Token they only accepted the reality, dried down the market of gold for money and naturally also make a lot of bucks themself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Because "World of Warcraft" is not the same as Warcraft IV. If we got a Warcraft IV you can bet your ass it'd be top down as well. Diablo, and for the most part all dungeon crawler ARPGs, have traditionally been isometric.

They'd never do a mainline Diablo game that isn't isometric, but maybe someday they'll develop an offshoot with different gameplay set in the Diablo universe. I could personally see a Skyrim/Witcher 3 style of game set within the Diablo universe doing well. But it won't be called "Diablo #"
    They actually would call it diablo (they would be stupid if not), but you could see the difference. And yes, something like a Diablo in an RPG-Like Setting would definitively be good.

Since Blizzard will now join the Microsoft-Family, they could actually use the franchise elsewhere too, so it would not be activision or blizzard that does it necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Because she isn't a movie star playing a role?
    She's a made up character created to play a role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Well looks like diablo I guess. I won't hold my breath for it, seeing Blizzard's downward spiral. They've shown their true colors more than once, so I expect diablo immoral lite from it. The MMO aspect already is a big red flag.

Because hipsters think this uggo hairstyle looks cool.

- - - Updated - - -

People still do the same shit in D2 that they have been doing for fucking 20 years straight, day after day.
    Diablo has always attracted the people that would have otherwise end up gambling away their kids college fund on slot machines; people with highly addictive personalities. They latch onto a game like that and keep playing it, no matter what.
    Probably one of them blue haired twitter weirddos.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You gotta be dense if you think they are going to put mobile level monetization in a flagship PC game. Its not happening. Im not inhaling copium. Its common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Well would you look at that? If I rolled my eyes any harder they would fall out of their sockets. Common sense wins the day.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks visually significantly better than diablo 3.
    It doesn't have to be on the same level in order to be a shit show. Their PR teams have a weird statement they're throwing around saying d4 will have microtransactions built around cosmetics but they never state outright there's nothing else.

Imagine now those cosmetics are BoE and not binded to you when you buy them. Players could sell them to each other. That would make gold buying a thing

You have to read between the lines with these people.

The head dev for Immortal said you couldn't buy gear with money in diablo immortal. Well that's true but it's fucking disingenuous. Yes gems are not gear, but they are responsible for 90% of player power.

Diablo Immortal got it right, so hopefully D4 follows suit. Happy to pay for gear instead of grinding for years, D3 had the RMAH and it was perfect. If not, just make character templates that do not need gear so that everyone is on equal footing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why D4 can have a Necromancer and not my Maldraxian buddy? ;__;

That necromancer looks straight out of Hot Topic. Very creative Blizz.

Looks the same as in D3. And the Necro in D3 is incredibly boring because of LotD and the other long ass cooldowns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    You can literally buy items from the Mythic raid on the AH with gold purchased with real money. The world first race guilds all post about how much gold they need to spend to be even able to compete in that race. You really think none of them are throwing any real money into WoW tokens when there's that much on the line?
    1- all of what 4 items?
    2- the gold they pay is to pay people to do split carries, which they would pay epople for anyways without the wow token, as they did back in the old days before the wow token, hell i bought my mammoth in wotlk by joining a raid group who paid people to come help them clear the raid to funnel gear to their alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Why does she look so ugly.
    Cause she works with corpses all day? Did you really think the woman walking around with rotting flesh and bone hanging off her would be a fucking super model?

also the fact you consider this "ugly" enough to even bring it up, what woman are you fucking dude? I doubt any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Nakzul View Post
    Ehm you are aware that Diablo 4 has been in development for a very long time.. Right? Unfortunately that doesn't mean the game will be good but to just assume it's a cash grab is a little weird.
    it isn't weird to think blizzard is making a cash grab pile of shit its just common sense. blizzard is a greedy pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Me: Blizzard I want playable necromancer

Blizzard: Okay

Me.... I MEANT IN WoW >.<
    So like.....deathknight? dur?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1- all of what 4 items?
    2- the gold they pay is to pay people to do split carries, which they would pay epople for anyways without the wow token, as they did back in the old days before the wow token, hell i bought my mammoth in wotlk by joining a raid group who paid people to come help them clear the raid to funnel gear to their alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause she works with corpses all day? Did you really think the woman walking around with rotting flesh and bone hanging off her would be a fucking super model?

also the fact you consider this "ugly" enough to even bring it up, what woman are you fucking dude? I doubt any.
    Yeah, she could learn plastic surgery from all that fleshwork.

She looks like a butch twatterian. What's next, you gonna call my pee pee small?