Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I gotta say i like it. Feel like back to the TBC style

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    If we're talking about the lore of the Dark Ranger from WoW RPG, and the RPG as a whole, then what is the problem with Dark Rangers? They're already supported in the game the same way they are in the RPG. You said you were talking about lore, right? Well the lore in WoW already supports any class becoming a Dark Ranger through the customizations, same as in the Warcraft and WoW RPG. Dark Ranger is a Prestige class, meaning you take any class and become a Dark Ranger through customizations in both games.

If you're implying that WoW is basing their classes on the WoW RPG, then Dark Rangers are already playable.
    First of all, this whole argument started when you backed up laurel about how the RPG differs from WoW. Now you say they match.
    Second of all, a prestige class doesn't mean customization option. Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Brewmaster and Dragonsworn are all Prestige classes and they are classes on their own.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tribute to Diablo I guess.

Edit: fuck it, the joke will fly by. Shitty lore noone cares about gets a skin. Better fix expansions making no sense.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2022-06-12 at 04:32 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    First of all, this whole argument started when you backed up laurel about how the RPG differs from WoW. Now you say they match.
    Second of all, a prestige class doesn't mean customization option. Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Brewmaster and Dragonsworn are all Prestige classes and they are classes on their own.
    It does mean it's a customization option because you're talking about how they're represented in lore, not gameplay.

And yes, they match if all you're only talking about is how WoW RPG's lore matches up with the current WoW Dark Rangers being represented right now, and nothing else. The only difference is how they're depicted in gameplay, which clearly you said we were not talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    With the amount of people wanting this? It's the least amount of effort for the most return. It's literally skin colors and eye colors for 2 models. You should be happy that they did it this way.

- - - Updated - - -
    They've already made intentions for any race to be any class barring the invoker and possibly demon hunters. They do need to make chargers for them though, which will probably be the hold up.
    So dumb if true. Undead as paladins shouldn’t be a thing. They explained years ago how Zeliek wasn’t even well thought out. And the most retarded one would be having Draenei warlocks. It goes entirely against their story. Oh yes we left our home because we didn’t want to be with demons and we fled for millenia because of it but now suddenly we’re okay with members of our race becoming warlocks. So basically the Draenei can become Eredar lmfao.

Metzen is greatly missed. He wouldn’t allow this shit. He made a few mistakes and had a few giant retcons but that was early in WoW. He stood against this thankfully afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Metzen is greatly missed. He wouldn’t allow this shit. He made a few mistakes and had a few giant retcons but that was early in WoW. He stood against this thankfully afterwards.
    Metzen has no power. The designers have run over these decisions, always have. Metzen wanted Druids to be exclusive to Night Elves, and they were opened up to Tauren because of designer decisions. Very likely, Blood Elves on Horde was also a design-driven decision, namely to balance out populations between factions.

It does mean it's a customization option because you're talking about how they're represented in lore, not gameplay.
    Where does it say that prestige classes are a customization option?

And yes, they match if all you're only talking about is how WoW RPG's lore matches up with the current WoW Dark Rangers being represented right now, and nothing else. The only difference is how they're depicted in gameplay, which clearly you said we were not talking about.
    Gameplay develops, adapats and gets updated.

Where does it say that prestige classes are a customization option?
    The lore for them does. WoW RPG literally has any class becoming a Dark Ranger, just like customizations allow now in WoW.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-12 at 03:41 PM.

The lore for them does. WoW RPG literally has any class becoming a Dark Ranger, just like customizations allow now in WoW.
    What? Aren't they former Elven Rangers in the RPG?

"An elven ranger who dies and returns as a Forsaken undergoes a great shock. She can no longer cast elven ranger spells and loses her woodland stride ability. While some may choose to let things be, most immediately seek out a dark ranger to relearn their arts.

An elven ranger seeking to convert to a dark ranger must, of course, have died, returned as a Forsaken, and seek to learn the arts of the shadow rather than the wild. This ordeal is difficult, as the dark ranger must twist everything she was taught about nature to start learning her darker trade. Then comes the hard part. A dark ranger-to-be must undergo a lengthy trial, where she unlearns everything she was taught as an elf and learns the new arts of a Forsaken."

You do know Death knights and Demon Hunters are also prestige classes, right?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Being an eleven ranger is not a requirement in the RPG all you need to be is a Forsaken with a X level in Y hunter skill. Any one multi classing to get the skill required who is a forsaken can be a dark ranger.

The Elven ranger to dark ranger part is a separate little sub box in the RPG for if you want to convert alliance character to a horde one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Not at all. That section only refers to providing an Elven option for Horde, since Dark Ranger is in the Horde's Player Guide and they otherwise have no Elves available. Blood Elves aren't in the Horde in the WoW RPG.

Any 'Undead' character can be a Dark Ranger, that being represented by Forsaken in the RPG. There is no class restriction, only that you take 6 ranks in Stealth (odd as a requirement as it is) and Survival.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-12 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metzen has no power. The designers have run over these decisions, always have. Metzen wanted Druids to be exclusive to Night Elves, and they were opened up to Tauren because of designer decisions. Very likely, Blood Elves on Horde was also a design-driven decision, namely to balance out populations between factions.
    There’s been multiple times Metzen was able to step in and change minds due to it not making sense. They literally wanted Draenei to be locks during Cata and he pointed out how it would have made no sense at all. You’re right though about some of the other things where he got over ruled. Blood Elves were actually added because they heard from girls too much that wanted to play horde but didn’t want to play ugly races lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Blood Elves were actually added because they heard from girls too much that wanted to play horde but didn’t want to play ugly races lmao.

Girls play WoW???

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Being an eleven ranger is not a requirement in the RPG all you need to be is a Forsaken with a X level in Y hunter skill. Any one multi classing to get the skill required who is a forsaken can be a dark ranger.

The Elven ranger to dark ranger part is a separate little sub box in the RPG for if you want to convert alliance character to a horde one.
    Huh?
    Got a quote?

Not at all. That section only refers to providing an Elven option for Horde, since Dark Ranger is in the Horde's Player Guide and they otherwise have no Elves available. Blood Elves aren't in the Horde in the WoW RPG.

Any 'Undead' character can be a Dark Ranger, that being represented by Forsaken in the RPG. There is no class restriction, only that you take 6 ranks in Stealth (odd as a requirement as it is) and Survival.
    A source would be great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Huh?
    Got a quote?
    there's nothing to really quote it's just the second paragraph you quoted(with some added game mechanics) for the ranger part and the requirement's Triceron laid out in his last point.

Triceron linked the horde player guide in a earlier post you can check it there if you so wish.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

A source would be great.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53796959

The WoW RPG and Horde Players guide, which I linked both and you didn't bother looking through. Reading it would be great.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-13 at 05:56 AM.

there's nothing to really quote it's just the second paragraph you quoted(with some added game mechanics) for the ranger part and the requirement's Triceron laid out in his last point.

Triceron linked the horde player guide in a earlier post you can check it there if you so wish.
    My quote talks about Elven Rangers, specifically.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53796959

The WoW RPG and Horde Players guide, which I linked both and you didn't bother looking through. Reading it would be great.
    Can you put the section in the link here?

7+ Year Old Account
    My quote talks about Elven Rangers, specifically.
    Yes and the Elven Ranger part specifically is just about converting an alliance character to a horde one other wise its kinda Irrelevant to dark rangers as a whole as any forsaken can be one if they have multi classed into the right skills.

Can you put the section in the link here?
    Is there any particular reason I should? You can click links can't you?

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not since I've linked the source multiple times now.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-13 at 02:55 PM.

Yes and the Elven Ranger part specifically is just about converting an alliance character to a horde one other wise its kinda Irrelevant to dark rangers as a whole as any forsaken can be one if they have multi classed into the right skills.
    Are you talking about Forsaken Undead, the race?

Is there any particular reason I should? You can click links can't you?

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not since I've linked the source multiple times now.
    I don't wanna download the whole thing.