Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the launch of the Wrath of the Lich King Classic pre-patch, we intend to open “Fresh Start” realms for players who wish to experience starting a new character and playing alongside a new community of others.

In addition to fulfilling a request we’ve heard from players for a long time, we expect there to be a lot of new Classic players joining us for the first time in Wrath of the Lich King, and some of them may be concerned that they’ll feel behind. Fresh Start realms should give those players a chance to feel as though they’re on an even playing field with everyone else.

These realms will be Wrath of the Lich King Classic realms from day one, so when they launch, they’ll have all of the talent trees and player abilities coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic, but all players will start new characters at level 1. Fresh Start realms will also come with a few stipulations:
    • For at least 90 days, you will not be allowed to boost a character on Fresh Start realms.
    • For at least 90 days, Fresh Start realms will not be available destinations for character transfers.
    • Death Knights cannot be created on these realms without a level 55 character on that same realm.
    All of the WoW Classic and Burning Crusade dungeons and zones will be unlocked and available on these realms. On all realms, Northrend will be locked until Wrath’s official launch day.

As a reminder, this is one of several steps we’re taking over the next few months to prepare for Wrath Classic:
    • PvE to PvP transfer restrictions removed*
    • Wrath Classic closed beta test
    • Classic Era clone service retired
    • Existing realms consolidated**
    • New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic pre-patch
    • Wrath of the Lich King launch

*This will include the removal of the restriction on having characters of both factions on a PvP realm.

**Before we consolidate realms, we’re going to remove the restriction on the number of characters you can create on each realm, up to the limit of 50 characters per account.

Ultimately, we hope to see players spread out onto all of the available realms as Wrath of the Lich King Classic approaches. For players looking for a chance at faction balance, we’re hopeful that by starting fresh, they’ll have a chance to stay balanced for a long time. For players looking for a chance to level up in dungeons, we hope the presence of other leveling players makes that more likely.

We’re excited about all of this, and we hope you’re excited about it too. We’ll see you in Azeroth!

This sounds great. They should have done the same with TBC, its so much more fun to start with everyone at the same time.

It's about damn time

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

10+ Year Old Account
    "Left Behind"

Wut

"Even Playing Field"

Wut Wut

I'm sorry that's what an EXPANSION LAUNCH is for. To even out the playing field for the people that were late to the party for Vanilla:C or TBC:C

Nobody is going to willingly give up ~4 years of Progression just because "I WANT F R E S H ! ! !". I'm not giving up my completely legitimately gotten gold and gear that I got by boosting people in Stratholme and GDKPs, and im pretty sure nobody else will.

in before "but I wanted it" and that's good. Enjoy playing with the COMMUNITY
    Last edited by SinR; 2022-06-13 at 05:42 PM.

stupid idea - they are creating those dead on arrival realms to capitalise on peopel transfering for money later to be able to play .

While I can understand why they are doing it and that it is very appealing to returning classic players, it also splinters the classic community even more and takes away one of the greatest rpg element of the game: the benefits of character progression over several expansions, leaving no point in farming special mounts, (legendary) gear or "transmog" gear, or even gold or reputation. People who played throughout classic might soon be confronted with the choice of continuing their character progress, or to play with (returning) friends on a fresh server.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    "Left Behind"

Wut
    Yup, literally one of the reasons I didn't want to play TBC. People coming from Vanilla have an insane gold (and thus power) advantage, nothing like what original Vanilla>TBC and now TBC>WotLK will be. Seeing loads of people flying around on launch day was absurd on a PvP realm.

OTOH, more realms with less players isn't a good idea. It'd be far more ideal to just limit gold/items transferred between the expansions and then start "fresh" players at L58/68 etc instead of level 1 on normal realms.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2022-06-13 at 05:52 PM.

It's fantastic they're making fresh servers. It's terrible they're allowing transfers after 90 days.

Classic can burn in hell...since classic retail patches are longer because they rely on classic releases...I'm not even touching classic with a stick to pick trash

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yup, literally one of the reasons I didn't want to play TBC. People coming from Vanilla have an insane gold (and thus power) advantage, nothing like what original Vanilla>TBC and now TBC>WotLK will be. Seeing loads of people flying around on launch day was absurd on a PvP realm.

OTOH, more realms with less players isn't a good idea. It'd be far more ideal to just limit gold/items transferred between the expansions and then start "fresh" players at L58/68 etc instead of level 1 on normal realms.
    As I said, nobody is going to want to give up their completely legitimately gotten Gold and progress in the name of "Playing Fair" with people that are just coming back for Wrath Classic. And people will riot if the second idea you have is even proposed by Blizzard.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    Classic can burn in hell...since classic retail patches are longer because they rely on classic releases...I'm not even touching classic with a stick to pick trash
    Classic came out in 2019 and there had been very long content patches before then... remember Siege of Orgrimmar etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    OTOH, more realms with less players isn't a good idea.
    If you read the post you'd see they're consolidating existing realms.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    "Left Behind"

Wut

"Even Playing Field"

Wut Wut

I'm sorry that's what an EXPANSION LAUNCH is for. To even out the playing field for the people that were late to the party for Vanilla:C or TBC:C

Nobody is going to willingly give up ~4 years of Progression just because "I WANT F R E S H ! ! !". I'm not giving up my completely legitimately gotten gold and gear that I got by boosting people in Stratholme and GDKPs, and im pretty sure nobody else will.

I think you missed the point, there will be realms for players that do NOT want a fresh start, what is the issue? You want to dictate the fate of all realms? Let everyone have their own choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove ALL possibility of character transfers, and only have 2 servers, one PvE and one PvP, because the drop off will be massive. Make it a true biodome. Lock these weirdos in with me.

I like how they're giving fresh realms to the handful of players that may think it's neat, but keeping the LFG tool out of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't allow transfers at all please. We don't need GDKP whales transferring and flood the Auction House with mats (as an example).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

"Left Behind"

Wut

"Even Playing Field"

Wut Wut

Uhh you never played on a private server. It is literally what the pserver community does. They have a fresh server, it lasts for maybe 3 or 4 months than its reset. It is what they like. It has been like that for the last 15+ years

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, nobody is going to want to give up their completely legitimately gotten Gold and progress in the name of "Playing Fair" with people that are just coming back for Wrath Classic. And people will riot if the second idea you have is even proposed by Blizzard.
    Than dont? No one is FORCING you to join them. Get over yourself.

Lol the trickery behind this.

This is just another way to sell microtransactions.

Day 91: boosts available to purchase and transfers of toons available to these realms. going to be a hot item, cause aint nobody who level'd in classic and season of mastery, or been playing in BC, really trying to level again in vanilla and bc.

"we expect there to be a lot of new Classic players joining us for the first time in Wrath of the Lich King" with no LFG tool I highly doubt this. Plz show us where you got this info from? these servers are not going to have a lot of ppl. try hards will transfer here on day 91 to try and be gods and control auction house as well. the poor bastards who lvld dps and can find no tanks or healers for groups will pay to boost another class.

snatch n grab is all this is

It's so idiotic to open fresh servers and allow server transfers 90 days later.
    Doing so only advantages Blizzard but not the players.

Just don't make new servers at all if you happen to plan that.
    Last edited by Reman; 2022-06-13 at 06:41 PM.

"Left Behind"

Wut

"Even Playing Field"

Wut Wut

Uhmm, this is mainly for people who didn't play vanilla & BC. They can roll their toons on these fresh realms. The rest of you can stay on your current realm with your current progress.