Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    While I am not disagreeing on the RMAH, I think your reaction was rather over-the-top. Diablo III isn't a MMO game where everyone is on the same map instance and can see each other and all. If you played alone or with friends, people farming stuff would never, ever bother you in the least. And since people aren't playing on the same instances, there's no competition because you'd never even see with those players unless you searched for them.
    I don't think my reaction was over the top at all, seeing as so many people felt the same way Blizzard yanked the RMAH out by it's roots and rebuilt the entire game. I mean. my empirical evidence compared to your..I don't even know what you're trying to do here, negate my experience? Gaslight me? Not sure.

As for it not being an MMO...what on earth does that have to do with anything I posted?

And, to be clear, I have nothing against farming. I currently play PoE, and I'm fine with it. My mentioning farming in the context of D3 was that there were no good farming spots.

You just made up a whole bunch of assumptions with no facts to back them up with. I'm being polite, but your response is a bucket of "wtf?'

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I mean. my empirical evidence compared to your..I don't even know what you're trying to do here, negate my experience?
    Your experience is not empirical. It's anecdotal.

As for it not being an MMO...what on earth does that have to do with anything I posted?
    Because that means if you ignore the BMAH, it would have zero impact in your gaming experience. Because you wouldn't be meeting those groups farming for X item of Y gem. Because you wouldn't be competing against those that use the BMAH.

Your experience is not empirical. It's anecdotal.

Because that means if you ignore the BMAH, it would have zero impact in your gaming experience. Because you wouldn't be meeting those groups farming for X item of Y gem. Because you wouldn't be competing against those that use the BMAH.
    Yeah, knew there was no point responding. Here's a big old cup of hot, steaming "whatever".

What do you think is worse? "Blizztard fanboys", or someone who is apparently so salty, so petty and so bitter to the point of holding a grudge for over half a year in the hopes of being allowed to gloat over a forum thread topic that would have ended several months prior? Y'know, someone like you!
    Awww bless you’ve have just revealed yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    p2w is not inherently unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It doesn't have to be on the same level in order to be a shit show. Their PR teams have a weird statement they're throwing around saying d4 will have microtransactions built around cosmetics but they never state outright there's nothing else.

Imagine now those cosmetics are BoE and not binded to you when you buy them. Players could sell them to each other. That would make gold buying a thing

You have to read between the lines with these people.

The head dev for Immortal said you couldn't buy gear with money in diablo immortal. Well that's true but it's fucking disingenuous. Yes gems are not gear, but they are responsible for 90% of player power.
    You mean like how path of exile and a ton of MMOs do? If that's your grounds for pay to win, then half the games on the market are pay to win. Would I rather it not exist? Sure, but its not fair to hold Diablo 4 to a higher standard than the rest of the industry, especially their prime competitor POE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    necromancer again?
    omg. wtf
    Yeah how dare they include the fan-favorite Diablo class in the new Diablo game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I like the Necro’s hairstyle. I’m finding it funny people are dissing on the edgy cut on an already edgy class that is historically edgy and stereotypical. White hair, emo cut, dreadful appearance? Betting people will make their Necro exactly like that anyways lol

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like executives should be the bosses in this game, clearly the greed is overwhelming atm.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God, those were some poor transitions with the camera focus. Ew.

Also, who was the narrator?

3+ Year Old Account
    This thread just confirms that people will bitch about anything and everything.

Necro is awesome. She looks awesome. The class fits the darkness of the game. Haters are just jealous that she looks better undead than they do on their best day. I'll bet her farts look better than the Haters do lol.

They have Assassin, WD, Amazon, Crusader, demon hunter, and monk classes to fill future expansions. Whatever class is missing from D4 launch, I'm sure you will see every diablo class ever in the previous games in D4 at some point via expansions.

Enough with the monetization bs. They ready said it's a full priced game with seasonal/expansion content and an in game shop. Prob for pets, horse skins and spell skins. I'd rather get pets in the shop than hope in 100 years the right mob appears at the right time and drops it for me. Seriously, no one wants to hear this bs anymore.

Children. Play nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Awww bless you’ve have just revealed yourself.
    As someone with a calm and reasonable mind? Indeed. Nice of you to notice. Now move along. You can go back to what you were doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Yeah, knew there was no point responding.
    Hey, not my fault you don't know the difference between "empirical" and "anecdotal".

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    You are right. However in WoW you can obtain the same stuff or similar with time (and not 30 years), in DI the power gap you gain paying is not matchable f2ping.
    Wow is definitely far less egregious for sure, the amount of in game power you can buy with gold alone is limited (unless you count boost runs which really only become viable late on, I believe it was only on the last round of nerfs that Limit started being able to have a single boost spot on the last two bosses for example). I'm not saying the two games are equivalent by any means, but to the person I was replying to who claimed there was no pay to win in WoW was just wrong. In WoW you can spent money to get a bit closer to the top players, in Diablo Immortal you can spend ridiculous amounts to far far far surpass what anyone not spending a similar amount can get.

Is the extent to which you can buy power in WoW destroying the game? Probably not. Boosting probably affects arenas far more than PvE but in any multiplayer game where you can choose who you group with that's kind of impossible to stop without completely stopping direct trade between players. If someone wants to hand someone cash outside the game to play together there isn't a whole lot that can be done to prevent it. Supporting it in game legitimizes it which brings its own issues but it would happen anyway.

It comes down to definitions to some extent, if you think a game is only pay to win if you can literally buy power levels a regular free player / subscriber couldn't compete with without spending too then wow wouldn't count. If you consider any ability to purchase extra in game power with real money pay to win then wow is a pay to win game by that definition. The funny thing is, even here you can see how it's getting normalised, go back 10 years and the term very definitely applied in the latter case, now the use of pay to win mechanics has become so commonplace that people will argue that a little bit of pay to win like you have in wow doesn't even count.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    The question is not "Will it be P2W?", but rather "How much will it be be P2W?"
    Its proberly not gonna be P2W, but i bet you are gonna find a mountain of purchase options in the game for all sorts of things, from skins to more bag space to content galore.

So when they say premium priced game, it says only about the avaliblity of gameplay, not about if you can spend 1000$ on random stuff. The whales rule game design atm sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Enough with the monetization bs. They ready said it's a full priced game with seasonal/expansion content and an in game shop. Prob for pets, horse skins and spell skins. I'd rather get pets in the shop than hope in 100 years the right mob appears at the right time and drops it for me. Seriously, no one wants to hear this bs anymore.

Children. Play nice.
    Saying " Prob for pets, horse skins and spell skins" is just a thought that just does not work anymore. Do you really believe they will limit to that? Pets and skins?
    In the current gaming market, and with how Blizzard are showing themselves at, i would not be surprised if all from bag space, bank slots, loot boxes and more will be able to purchased in the game, which will have a huge impact on the game design.
    And when they write Seasonal/expansion content, again says nothing about to what extent that might take.

The message they came out with, really said extremly little, aside from that we will have to pay 60+$ for the game when it launches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Very glad to see people are on high alert after the Diablo Immortal disaster. I don't think there will be p2w in D4 but it is good to be skeptical.
    Even if D4 is not gonna be P2W, that does not stop them from being greedy bastards will all other forms of monetization in the game.

Just because we don't pay for power, does not mean they won't try to make the game, so they can drain as much money from us as possible.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

wtf is wrong with everyone? This game genuinely looks like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yeah how dare they include the fan-favorite Diablo class in the new Diablo game.
    Going overboard with it is a bad idea.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like people complaining about how the gameplay samples look. They copied the showcase style from Path of Exile because that's the ARPG of choice at the moment. If you watch PoE game play trailers for each league versus actual high end game play it's like looking at two entirely different games, and that's what's going to happen here as well. Blizzard is going to show you slow clunky pre-geared shit just like GGG does, and then when you actually get a build going the game is going to be explosions and sparkles.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Going overboard with it is a bad idea.
    Explain where the cut-off is for "overboard". Why isn't it overboard to have the Barb in 3/4 Diablo games but it is to have the Necro?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean classes in these games are pretty standard DnD like classes lol. Would people be happier if they renamed barbarian, gladiator man and sorceress magic lady because it's different?

Who really cares? Barbarian to me is just a loose term for angry dude who uses melee like combat, while sorceress uses magic like spells. Peoples real concern is how different they can make a class within a class, not so much the name of the character.

When you play games like PoE currently you can start out as a witch if you want, which then evolves into 3 different ascendancies. And 'generally' speaking, you can usually go into two different paths within each ascendancy, meaning that at bare minimum you have 6 different ways to play a witch. Obviously it's more than that depending on what actual skills you pick, but you probably have a dozen ways to play each base class you pick in PoE which are 'good' (or hundreds if you want to be technical, although many are going to be garbage lol).

One of my main concerns with D4 is how they approach my above point. D2 is a really good game for it's time, but the amount of options you have with each individual class is pretty slim. D3 does essentially the same thing by locking each class to set bonuses that you basically HAVE to wear, with a few side options available. I just want to know that if I play a necromancer or say barbarian in D4, if there's only ~3 ways to play those classes that are good or that number is a lot higher than that.

Gameplay looks solid as ever. You aren't going to see end game shit in highlight reals. Look at any ARPG trailer and they rarely show people running around with hundreds of monsters exploding on the screen. It's slowed down to show visuals, mechanics or seasonal/league interactions on purpose.

5+ Year Old Account
    necromancer again?
    omg. wtf
    Wait, you expected someone other than mighty:

Image how much better would be DF with it, instead of that Ewoker
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Looks like they had time to step it up. It is looking better than before. Appreciate the improvement. (Even if some others are in disagreement and wanted a huge difference) The in-depth customizations is a nice added perk. I hope all classes can be both genders. Not sure if that is a thing or not. It would be nice.

Feels bad about Overwatch not really sure what happened there.. it feels like one team was allowed to improve and add more content (Diablo), The other was cut short/thrown out and is coming out soon..I do genuinely feel bad cause if it was a franchise I loved. It would suck. Again not sure what happened there. The good thing is Overwatch 2 will be f2p, I have no idea on how successful it will be...

Anyways back on topic with Diablo. Hopefully it doesn't go down the immortal path.. as the game looks to be doing much better.