Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pay to get best gems =/ pay to get gear.
    You do understand the systems you are talking about right? That actual power comes from GEMS, not gear. That entire advancement systems at endgame are 100% locked behind purchases, and LARGE purchases? That the visuals of the gear is tied to those systems, so to upgrade from questing greens to mythic raid gear you HAVE to pay?

Im honestly stunned at the number of people still pretending this system on DI isnt 100% pure P2W with no way to advance your character without spending large sums of money. Just check out a few FACT BASED youtube videos on it, not the over dramatic clickbait shit, but players actual 1 to 1 comparison of F2P vs P2W players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Was hoping for Paladin TBH, there doesn't seem to be any classes using shields so i'm curious how useful they will be
    If this is more like previous Diablo games everybody can use Shields.

That being said the holy class is gonna be in the expansion my guess is that it'll be a Templar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Nice nice - good pick.

Suprised to see it show up at the xbox / bethesda event tho.
    I mean Microsoft owns them the finalization is happening soon and then you're gonna see every single blizzard game and battle.net slowly be merged into gamepass and then very likely World of Warcraft is gonna end up getting added to gamepass ultimate, mark my words and it will be the best deal in gaming.

Side Note: I have multiple places on this website where years ago I talked about them acquiring blizzard.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2022-06-12 at 10:35 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    How much have you played Diablo Immortal?

How ddi you feel about D3 at launch? You know, back when it was entirely P2W? You are implying DI is the only example of this from Blizzard.....
    I do not play DI alot because I'm not a huge fan of mobile games. Im aware about disproporce between f2p player and the one who put money on it. And still I don't care about it because I enjoy the combat and gameplay EVEN when I know I will never get those gems and gear that you can get as someone who pay. I just don't care about other people in ARPGs, rankings and PvP.

As for D3 I enjoyed it alot at start even with the RMAH. I sold some stuff for real money while never buying anything. I think I got most played hours before RoS was released. After RoS it was even better but for short amount of time. I got really bored with the rift mechanics as endgame and since there was no more updates to the game I quitted. I jump in maybe every 3-4 seasons to check it but after week or two I'm again out. It's just too boring for me in current state.

Id have to suspect the next classes will be Crusader/Paladin and Demon Hunter primarily because they're both popular asthetics for fans, Assassin could be a choice but I dont think we'll get one because its too close to Rogue, but DH is also pretty close to Rogue, but different enough that its easily its own asthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pay to get best gems =/ pay to get gear.
    The devil is in the details, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Id have to suspect the next classes will be Crusader/Paladin and Demon Hunter primarily because they're both popular asthetics for fans, Assassin could be a choice but I dont think we'll get one because its too close to Rogue, but DH is also pretty close to Rogue, but different enough that its easily its own asthetic.
    Didn't they say that there will 5 classes in D4 or am I wrong? Unless you were referring to the future dlc/expansion or possible real cash shop.

Interview about Diablo 4

Cosmetics+xpak only correct? Yes!!!!!

See, now aren’t you glad that we complained and locked that in?

https://mobile.twitter.com/PezRadar/...53922875310080
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-13 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

"locked it in"? what? They could absolutely go back on their word and add whatever MTX they want, and there would be nothing you could do - they already have your money. I mean sure, you could quit / not partake in the new MTX system, but like i said, its a AAA game with a AAA price so they already won.

Just last week they were spinning the narrative that you cannot buy power in DI. They then twisted it to say you cannot buy GEAR, but even that isnt true, as the only way to obtain the premium visuals on gear is to pay. They then rolled all their comments back to say you can buy crests which "increase" your chance to get 5star gems, then had to clarify again that a F2P player basically CANNOT get 5star gems, they cap out at 2 star. The gap between 1 star and 2 star is minimal. The gap between 2 star and 3 star is again quite minimal, but increased. The gap to a 4star is HUGE, and 5star is massive again.

Anyway, you probably know all this, the point im making is if we took their word for things, there would be NO P2W features in DI, and NO way to purchase power - both of those are objectively false, and they have desperately been backtracking on all their comments while trying to spin a narrative that you technically can experience all content in the game as a F2P player.

WoW has an entirely different payment model so this isnt a comparison, but rather an example that most would understand. Imagine a world were the only free raid content is LFR. To access normal you need to purchase XYZ. To access heroic you need to buy XYZ and ABC. To unlock mythic, you need to purchase XYZ, ABC, and 123. This purchase needs to be made on EACH character, and for EACH raid tier. Technically they can claim a F2P player can access all the content in the game including raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

Doubtful much changed and people are too paranoid that somehow the game design of Diablo Immortal will be relevant to D4.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Guess I'll start with a Barb or maybe a Necro... hate not having a paldin-type class out the gate.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    The devil is in the details, right?

Didn't they say that there will 5 classes in D4 or am I wrong? Unless you were referring to the future dlc/expansion or possible real cash shop.
    The latter, since they confirmed the game will have story expansions, and given the location of the games region its likley witch doctor/wizard/demon hunter are on the cards for the next class given its right next to their respective regions.

So your rebuttal is an opinion piece dated 5 days before these announcements reaffirming their 2019 stance?

The game just looks amazing.

Where does it say Necromancer is the final class? I thought there was supposed to be 6 at launch.

Kind of sad no Demon Hunter or Witchdoctor. Gonna miss those Diablo III classes.

10+ Year Old Account

Got to say, the Necromancer armor looks fucking amazing. I honestly can't wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    So your rebuttal is an opinion piece dated 5 days before these announcements reaffirming their 2019 stance?
    And your initial reply was from, once again, a company that has proven to lie to its clientele to suit its own bottom line before the game has been released, I mean who's the dumb one? No offense. its not an OPINION that there will be in game transactions because if you had read the article, it clearly shows Blizzard is hiring for Diablo 4 in game shop "experience" personal. But keep thinking it'll just be "purely cosmetic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Where does it say Necromancer is the final class? I thought there was supposed to be 6 at launch.

Quite literally from the person presenting the Diablo IV showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Just last week they were spinning the narrative that you cannot buy power in DI.
    I'm not rebutting the rest, but do you have a source for this? I've only seen the information saying you can't buy 'gear', as defined as not-gems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !