Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    2-0 warriors, Celtics in 7

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It ain’t ugly if it is dead on.
    I’ll always call forced shots/bad angles ugly. What was that alternate way to shoot free throws called where you swung it up from between your legs? That could swish everytime and still be ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dangerous spot for the Celtics. Both teams can get lazy with series leads. I figured warriors would nab 2 at home and wake the Celtics up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A granny shot.
    That’s right
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    so much for that rest advantage, huh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Tatum making up for last game with this half

- - - Updated - - -

Celtics gotta be extra embarrassed by their play. GS was nutty accurate and played great D, but Celtics had so many offensive rebounds wasted, shot clocks end, and free throws missed that it’s as on them for poor play as it is for the warriors’ good play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Celtics gotta be extra embarrassed by their play. GS was nutty accurate and played great D, but Celtics had so many offensive rebounds wasted, shot clocks end, and free throws missed that it’s as on them for poor play as it is for the warriors’ good play.
    The Dubs weren't actually super accurate; both teams shot the same from three (15/37, 40%) and the Warriors were only 45% from the field overall. They missed a shitton of layups early on.

Contrast that with Celtics of Game 1 who were 50% FG and 51% 3P.

But yeah, the Warriors' defense showed up in this game, which made the difference.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The Dubs weren't actually super accurate; both teams shot the same from three (15/37, 40%) and the Warriors were only 45% from the field overall. They missed a shitton of layups early on.

Contrast that with Celtics of Game 1 who were 50% FG and 51% 3P.

But yeah, the Warriors' defense showed up in this game, which made the difference.
    I only saw the second half so i missed that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I only saw the second half so i missed that
    Oh, yeah, it was baaad. It was like... 7 or 8 point-blank layups. Not including the blocked layups. Just misses.

I mean, definitely some credit to the Celtics defense to perhaps force those paint drives to be a little more frenzied leading to a less sure handle on the ball, or hitting too hard off the glass, or whatever.

But yeah, misses.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2022-06-06 at 03:44 AM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how successful Green would be on a team that couldn’t score like the Warriors. It seems like the perfect fit for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one am looking forward to the reactions of the Warriors players, coaches and wives on Friday Night, when the Garden is going to be sauced AND informed that they are rude. The "Fuck You Draymond" chants will be heard across the USA.

Didn't expect the Warriors of all teams to be this soft.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumor has it that Ime Udoka entered the huddle yesterday, after he called time out after the GSW went up by 1 in the 3rd after having been down 18 in the 2nd, and said "can you guys stop playing like assholes?"

So journalists asked Grant Williams today if it was true that Ime had told them to stop playing like assholes. His response? "Which time?"

LMAO

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Celtics are obsessed with 3s since going down 3, despite their shooting % being garbage this quarter. So many wasted O rebounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I can measure how good a game was by how often I scream at my TV... this was a great game.

Back on serve now. Best of 3 from here on out with 2 home games for the Warriors. If I said I was feeling confident, though, I'd by lying. This has been an amazing series so far, and I don't expect anything different for the remaining games.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Best of 3 from here on out with 2 home games for the Warriors.
    Me in Mod Slack:

I was hoping after game 3 I was wrong, but alas.

Just going to hope like hell that the Celtics can keep their streak alive of winning after a loss. They desperately need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Me in Mod Slack:

I was hoping after game 3 I was wrong, but alas.
    Well, I don't know if you saw the chyron or not, but the Warriors just extended their all-time record to 27 straight postseason series with a road win, which is nuts.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I don't know if you saw the chyron or not, but the Warriors just extended their all-time record to 27 straight postseason series with a road win, which is nuts.
    Mhmmm, I know of the record it has gotten brought up a few times these playoffs.

Of the many GSW records this one doesn't really do it for me. There's more impressive feats they have done.

The fact they choose to keep counting up this record even after not even making the playoffs 2 years is a head scratcher to me. Like, when you actually made playoffs, you won a road game in every series dating back years, but you honestly should have stopped counting it.

The actual record should be that you won 23 series with an away game, (at which point it is STILL an NBA record streak, btw), and then you started counting from 0 again this year. Other records don't get counted up further either when you break the streak. Otherwise you get into such specific ommissions and cut off points and weirdness to make records and stats. I hate when stats bureaus and ESPN etc. do that. "There's only 2 players who have 35 points and 8 rebounds in less than 30 min played in the Western Conference Playoffs since 2010, in home games, on a Wednesday." Like, ugh.

This record feels like that too. Just unnecessarily trying to make it seem impressive. I'm far more impressed that they did it in 23 series over however many years in a row then this artificially extension of it. That's just an asterisk for me, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I hate when stats bureaus and ESPN etc. do that. "There's only 2 players who have 35 points and 8 rebounds in less than 30 min played in the Western Conference Playoffs since 2010, in home games, on a Wednesday." Like, ugh.
    Heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this is what a good Finals game looks like...

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Jayson Tatum's gotta get his shit together if Boston wants to win this series. he's basically Donovan Mitchell. Looks impressive with a lot of points, but those numbers are inflated by a whole lot of shooting. And he had at least two airballs today. And missed a lot of free throws.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2022-06-14 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Jayson Tatum's gotta get his shit together if Boston wants to win this series. he's basically Donovan Mitchell. Looks impressive with a lot of points, but those numbers are inflated by a whole lot of shooting. And he had at least two airballs today.
    To be fair, there were a lot of misses tonight. Heck, Curry was 0-9 and the Warriors only shot 22.5% from three.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, there were a lot of misses tonight. Heck, Curry was 0-9 and the Warriors only shot 22.5% from three.
    Yeah no one on Boston shot particularly well, but Tatum taking that many shots and being that inaccurate all series is a big problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah no one on Boston shot particularly well, but Tatum taking that many shots and being that inaccurate all series is a big problem.
    Credit the defense of the Warriors.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't win at this stage with 18 fucking turnovers. Inexcusable.

Celtics will be back in Boston for their last shot, but if we keep turning it over like we have this series, and these playoffs, then you are just not going to win.