Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alliance Humans should be ONE race with options to select Kingdom!

Now that we have Darkfallen customizations for Elves, I think that it's high time that Blizzard address Humans as a race.

There are currently three separate human races: Stormwind Humans, Kul Tirans, and Worgen. There is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't all be able to use any of the existing human model variants while given the option to choose which Kingdom they hail from for the racial abilities. What I mean is, if you select Kul Tirans, you should be able to choose the basic human models if you so desire, or the current Kul Tiran models. Same with the rest. (Kul Tiras NPCs also as a majority use the standard human models as well.)

This would also open access to the Kul Tiran models to be Paladin and Warlock and the Stormwind human models to be Druid and Shaman (I know Blizz stated they eventually want to open all race/class combos, but let's be real, they are not exactly quick with the additions.)

While we are at it, they should add the skinny Kul Tiran male models as playable options (And yeah, it is not balanced since there is not a female model, but again, they already exist, just let us use them!) They are fully rigged with all the animations necessary as they use the female Undead skeleton, and they already have their own set of customization options available. There is just no reason why they shouldn't be an option for players to select.

Blizzard clearly cut the development on Male Kul Tirans between the two forms since they have such a meager selection of customization options. I am also advocating that they go back and add more customization options to the base Kul Tirans as well.

This was mostly a rant, but it makes the most sense. I would personally love to have a skinny Kul Tiran character, or use the base Stormwind Human as a druid with the Kul Tiran druid forms, or have a beefy Kul Tiran as a paladin.

(Humble request that we keep the Asmongold jokes to a minimum please!)

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Now that we have Darkfallen customizations for Elves, I think that it's high time that Blizzard address Humans as a race.

There are currently three separate human races: Stormwind Humans, Kul Tirans, and Worgen. There is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't all be able to use any of the existing human model variants while given the option to choose which Kingdom they hail from for the racial abilities. What I mean is, if you select Kul Tirans, you should be able to choose the basic human models if you so desire, or the current Kul Tiran models. Same with the rest. (Kul Tiras NPCs also as a majority use the standard human models as well.)

This would also open access to the Kul Tiran models to be Paladin and Warlock and the Stormwind human models to be Druid and Shaman (I know Blizz stated they eventually want to open all race/class combos, but let's be real, they are not exactly quick with the additions.)

While we are at it, they should add the skinny Kul Tiran male models as playable options (And yeah, it is not balanced since there is not a female model, but again, they already exist, just let us use them!) They are fully rigged with all the animations necessary as they use the female Undead skeleton, and they already have their own set of customization options available. There is just no reason why they shouldn't be an option for players to select.

Blizzard clearly cut the development on Male Kul Tirans between the two forms since they have such a meager selection of customization options. I am also advocating that they go back and add more customization options to the base Kul Tirans as well.

This was mostly a rant, but it makes the most sense. I would personally love to have a skinny Kul Tiran character, or use the base Stormwind Human as a druid with the Kul Tiran druid forms, or have a beefy Kul Tiran as a paladin.

honestly i feel like it would literally only require them to rework the character creation screen. few minor tweaks to make it appear different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity29 View Post
    honestly i feel like it would literally only require them to rework the character creation screen. few minor tweaks to make it appear different.
    It would be a bit of work, sure, I don't doubt it. Probably more work than adding the Darkfallen customization or quests involved, but it just makes the most sense for them to go back and make it work this way.

10+ Year Old Account

You don't even need Kingdom selection. Just give us the skinny human, normal human, bulky human, as we most likely won't get sliders.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Just accept we'll never get to play thin humans.

Darkfallen don't come with their own racial traits.
    You can already create a human or a big human and declare in your backstory that you're from one kingdom or another.
    You can even pretend your worgen is from the Stormwind kingdom if you want.
    As for KT being Paladin or Warlock, this will come in time.

If other kingdom humans get released, I'd rather they bring something new and unique !
    Last edited by DatToffer; 2022-06-14 at 06:59 AM.

There are currently three separate human races: Stormwind Humans, Kul Tirans, and Worgen. There is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't all be able to use any of the existing human model variants while given the option to choose which Kingdom they hail from for the racial abilities.)
    What can you say, if that's really a big deal for you: you can customize your character freely on skyrim or elden ring, have fun

this is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    You can already create a human or a big human and declare in your backstory that you're from one kingdom or another.

If other kingdom humans get released, I'd rather they bring something new and unique !
    And allowing all the human variant races to interchangeably use whatever human model they want for the Kingdom/Race would not come with the need for new racial traits either. It just offers players choice in their customizations with everything that is already available in-game and makes sense lore wise.

They should just swipe something Bethesda did right in Fallout and use a triangle slider to allow users customize the body shape between Thin and Large on along the bottom line and Muscular at the tip.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Exactly, you pretend.

Thats the problem for many. Rping is possible ofc, up to a certain point... its just not realy what people want.

I think op has a good point.

And allowing all the human variant races to interchangeably use whatever human model they want for the Kingdom/Race would not come with the need for new racial traits either. It just offers players choice in their customizations with everything that is already available in-game and makes sense lore wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Exactly, you pretend.

Thats the problem for many. Rping is possible ofc, up to a certain point... its just not realy what people want.

I think op has a good point.
    Okay question for you both. Is that really important to be able to play a basic human with KT racial traits ? And vice versa ? (Ok the human racial is pretty OP) Is it the KT heritage armor that'd be cool on a basic human ? (Because that would even require work to adapt it).

What would be the point of a race if another one in their faction has the same model and custom available ?

Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    What can you say, if that's really a big deal for you: you can customize your character freely on skyrim or elden ring, have fun
    The game is still a RPG. I think character customization is still pretty important to a lot of players.

Okay question for you both. Is that really important to be able to play a basic human with KT racial traits ? And vice versa ? (Ok the human racial is pretty OP) Is it the KT heritage armor that'd be cool on a basic human ? (Because that would even require work to adapt it).

What would be the point of a race if another one in their faction has the same model and custom available ?
    Because humans are not all separate races, they are the same race (Worgen are cursed humans), hailing from different kingdoms. There is no reason, again, other than arbitrarily not allowing players access to them, for this to not be a feature. How can you be so obtuse when, again, literally the majority of Kul Tiras NPCs use the standard Stormwind human models?

To further emphasize, take original flavored Orcs and Mag'har Orcs, it is not the same situation as the three human races because they originate from an alternate universe and whether their physiology has been altered by Fel Blood or not.

Kul Tiran humans - the bulky ones - are descended from the Drust, and that bloodline shows. You don't find that body shape outside of Kul Tiras.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Kul Tiran humans - the bulky ones - are descended from the Drust, and that bloodline shows. You don't find that body shape outside of Kul Tiras.
    Sure you can. Fat people are everywhere dude.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The race selection would have been much simpler if there were races and sub races.

Humans
    Stormwind
    Gilneas
    Kul Tiras

Dwarves
    Dark Iron
    Bronzebeard
    Wildhammer

Trolls
    Zandalari
    Darkspear
    Amani

Just to name a few that could work.
    This could also open up endless possibilities for new subraces such as new human kingdoms, additional trolls, orc clans etc.

Races should have 2 common racial skills and 2 unique sub race racials.

It's a very cool idea but it stands in the way of optional covenants. So though it would be a major improvement on the status quo, forcing players to pick what's akin to a covenant would only impede the potential of a covenant structure taking the place of what the two factions are right now.

7+ Year Old Account

thats fine and all but i get to be married to jaina in game no one else can have her.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396