Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Instead of drachtyr we should just get drakonid

Instead of evoker we should just get dragownsworn

I mean they could've just given us dragons as a playable race with dragon form as a mount and some kind of cool combat racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Dracthyr look. I can't imagine Blizzard not improving on the overall aesthetic between now and DF launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lower left is how they should look, if they want to compromise:

Im fine with how that dracthyr are currently though they can be a bit more bulky or at least have the customization. The visage form, im not fine with. Its horrible and it should be the azerothian races not something that resembles a humanoid to not scare the locals.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

While I don't like dracthyr being limited to the current models presented, I think player sized dragons would be as bad or worse. It would just look awkward. They really just need far more diversity in what the dracthyr should look like. Over the years we have seen very masculine, feminine and androgynous dragons/drakonoid/dragon spawn/etc... And that should probably be reflected in a race that can only be 1 class. The playable dragon "form" being limited in scope to the androgynous type almost feels insulting to the years of established dragons/lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Instead of drachtyr we should just get drakonid

Instead of evoker we should just get dragownsworn
    What would a "dragonsworn" class even be made up off?

I do get the dissappointment people feel towards dracthyr, though. Especially if people hyped themselves up for buff drakonids(-like creatures). Though personally I do quite like the dracthyr's lean model (especially since mine's gonna be a healer, not a fighter).

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Im fine with how that dracthyr are currently though they can be a bit more bulky or at least have the customization. The visage form, im not fine with. Its horrible and it should be the azerothian races not something that resembles a humanoid to not scare the locals.
    Yes, visage forms are a mistake, or atleast the way they are now.

Personally I would not have given the dracthyr a visage form at all, but if we do go that way they should've just given them the option to look like any mortal race.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They're designed after Alexstraza, Wrathion, Kalecgos
    HAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Dude.... at this point you're a Furry. Own it.

- - - Updated - - -

Due to technical and size limitations, our options were a tiny dragon about the size of a feral cat, or the Dracthyr that are winged, bipedal dragons that stand taller than Tauren.

Blizzard chose the latter, and we're better for it.
    I can go anywhere in game in this form and I have no issues.

Its bigger than a cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    And yet Dracthyr Evokers have no fur.....

I can go anywhere in game in this form and I have no issues.
    Clearly, Blizzard disagreed. At this point you should just accept it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    HAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

UHM ACKTUALLY you made a mistake.

I believe they're called "scaleys" or something.

But for real, I really wish they went ahead and made them actually menacing instead of this weird cartoony plastic toy looking thing.

Somebody posted some cool concept art sketches of dragons, and they had a really cool looking humanoid dragon in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Lower left is how they should look, if they want to compromise:
    That's pretty much how they look.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    It's extra sad because Dragons in WoW are fucking cool. For years they've hyped up sexy shonen protagonists who can turn into dragons.

agree
    that's exactly what i think of an agile 'stealthy' dragon
    add deathwing for tank dragon, and malygos for caster dragon (also he was relatively easy, we still wiped a lot at him hc during wrath)
    did any of them look even slightly as those skinny/furry hybrid we got?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty much how they look.....
    We got the Stretch Armstrong version.

Dracthyr look fine and I joined a guild recently that had just over 400 people in it and a majority of them are excited for what Blizz are bringing in, just because the haters are vocal here doesnt mean they speak for all players.

Leave Drakthyr alone!

I don't hate Dracthyr conceptually. But it's clear someone with some influence has an uncontrollable anthro fetish.
    then they locked it to one class nobody really asked for. But I think the worst part is they're visually inconsistent with the dragon subraces we've seen so far, and they've chosen to instead reference scalies they found of fur affinity. That's why I hate them. That, and now I feel like every future "beast" race they make is gonna be some kind of fur suit.

they should really have just given us clefthood sized drakes, with a humanoid alt-form. I mean if Horizons did it back in 2003 I think blizzard could work it out in 2022.

Dracthyr are fine if they look better. Options to be A bit more buff and less slender, more menacing chin, more available races for the visage form, etc. There's a lot of good fan edits out there nd a lot of work to be done for blizz.

Since we're talking about changing the dragon form, I want a baby dragon, like Wrathion whelpling. No xmog needed, no size issues, can use mounts to fly in visage form because whelpling is tiny and actually flying somewhere would take forever in baby dragon form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    We got the Stretch Armstrong version.
    They’re lean because of their height.

A dragon the size of a druid form would look fucking stupid. Just because you don't like the lore (of which you know basically nothing about yet btw) doesn't make it bullshit. What does transmog have to do with them being a "REAL" race?

They’re lean because of their height.
    Taurens: Am I a joke to you?