Thread: [TV] Ms. Marvel

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Ms. Marvel

Yuck.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Yuck.........
    Why yuck? The teenage girl? Muslim? Her powers? I just wanna know exactly what brand of bigoted you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

It's a very good show so far, but there's already an MCU/Marvel megathread down there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineSamantha View Post
    Why yuck? The teenage girl? Muslim? Her powers? I just wanna know exactly what brand of bigoted you are.
    No one is allowed to have different tastes on that forum without being instantly jumped at by the Taste Police™, how pathetic rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    No one is allowed to have different tastes on that forum without being instantly jumped at by the Taste Police™, how pathetic rofl
    I can have a taste about your tastes too. Which is what is happening

So we HAVE to like something based on age/skin/religion/identifier now and can't have dissenting thoughts?

Honestly my issues are lack of a clear villain, a lot of focus on teenage drama/school issues which I have no desire for, she is given her power by a magic mcguffin (to be fair if they make her have a "price" like Uncle Ben in Spider man it can be redeemable, but don't like people just being given powers), and finally the outfits/CGI are pretty bleh looking to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    So we HAVE to like something based on age/skin/religion/identifier now and can't have dissenting thoughts?
    I mean you can but there's a big difference between disliking something based on bigoted stereotypes and disliking something that's genuinely terrible. I can say with some certainty that the person in question has not watched either episode, and probably didn't even watch the trailer

Lightbulb Stop thos liberal bs

You sum up everything I dislike about the left in one quote. Your idiocracy is showing
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Honestly my issues are lack of a clear villain, a lot of focus on teenage drama/school issues which I have no desire for, she is given her power by a magic mcguffin (to be fair if they make her have a "price" like Uncle Ben in Spider man it can be redeemable, but don't like people just being given powers), and finally the outfits/CGI are pretty bleh looking to me.
    Well, to be fair, in the comics, that's kind of how inhumans get their powers.

And most Marvel heroes are people given powers, so seems weird that you would like Marvel at all.
    Does she have to suffer like Spider-man for it to be okay she like him got their powers through a McGuffin?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, to be fair, in the comics, that's kind of how inhumans get their powers.

And most Marvel heroes are people given powers, so seems weird that you would like Marvel at all.
    Does she have to suffer like Spider-man for it to be okay she like him got their powers through a McGuffin?
    I like Iron mans start, Thor is pretty eh, but he at least had it stripped and had to earn it again, and Captain is perfect to me, he earned his rights to the powers while also proving before he got them that he was the right person. It would feel better if her powers were more earned than given, though it doesn't have to be suffering necessarily, but hardship. I always remember the start of Captain America where Rogers is fighting in the alley because of people disrespecting troops and his jumping on the grenade to defend his follow soldiers. That to me is a great way to show someone worthy of powers. Think that was why phase 1 worked for me (among other things) and has since fallen off.

Even Dr. Strange is pretty bleh in execution, it wasn't completely given to him, but it wasn't well earned I would say, and they so far haven't developed a change in character like Iron man to make me content with it.

To be fair the show could have her go through that, but nothing shown so far as indicated that, and I am truly about done with marvel/comic book stories at this point. Honestly would love another The Expanse tier show/new IP with good writing to drop.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-06-15 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah that's exactly what I said, you have excellent reading comprehension. You can dislike something, but to go "yuck" at it is immature at best.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    You sum up everything I dislike about the left in one quote. Your idiocracy is showing
    I'm not a liberal, and you clearly didn't understand Idiocracy.
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like Iron mans start, Thor is pretty eh, but he at least had it stripped and had to earn it again, and Captain is perfect to me, he earned his rights to the powers while also proving before he got them that he was the right person. It would feel better if her powers were more earned than given, though it doesn't have to be suffering necessarily, but hardship. I always remember the start of Captain America where Rogers is fighting in the alley because of people disrespecting troops and his jumping on the grenade to defend his follow soldiers. That to me is a great way to show someone worthy of powers. Think that was why phase 1 worked for me (among other things) and has since fallen off.

Even Dr. Strange is pretty bleh in execution, it wasn't completely given to him, but it wasn't well earned I would say, and they so far haven't developed a change in character like Iron man to make me content with it.

To be fair the show could have her go through that, but nothing shown so far as indicated that, and I am truly about done with marvel/comic book stories at this point. Honestly would love another The Expanse tier show/new IP with good writing to drop.
    So, you are okay with gifted powers so long as you are impressed prior? I mean for me the only difference with Rogers is that he was chosen for a gift. I personally don't see a difference outside of order.

I have no problem with Earning the Gift either prior or after. But, the majority of Marvel characters are people who get he gift and then learn to use it and become a hero.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-06-15 at 12:09 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

This feels like a story not worth telling. Let's get out of the super hero era and tell stories that deserved being told in ingenious ways.

Or.. and this might just be me going out on a limb.. the guy that said "yuck" without context is a blatant arsehole who says horrible things about people who have sexualities that he doesn't agree with?

You can think whatever the fuck you want about anything. If you say it in public you're going to get judged on it. He said "yuck" without context, and has a history of bigotry.

You're right though, maybe he just meant "yuck, that storyline is silly and lacks an appropriate villain", rather than "yuck, something other than a white heterosexual makes me squeamish".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    This feels like a story not worth telling. Let's get out of the super hero era and tell stories that deserved being told in ingenious ways.
    So don't watch it. In my opinion, this feels way more like a story worth telling than, say, Black Widow or Eternals but they got full movies.

So don't watch it. In my opinion, this feels way more like a story worth telling than, say, Black Widow or Eternals but they got full movies.
    you say this like I don't deserve to express myself which is quite the despicable comment but going back to your first comment on the thread it tracks

and finally the outfits/CGI are pretty bleh looking to me.
    roflmao. Her "outfit" is literally just a cosplay costume made by a couple of high-school kids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Probably won’t finish watching this. It’s wasn’t really bad, it’s just very focused around being a teenage drama. Not really my style.
    Honestly, I get this. I am curious with the end of episode 2. While I am think the actors are doing what they can, it is just so bad at times.

And if feels they are adding drama to pad out the episodes which makes it worse. I am like, what does this specifically have to do with the story.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am like, what does this specifically have to do with the story.
    ...it is the story? Like, her crushing on a hot guy from out of town that was apparently there specifically because of the powers she's manifesting seems pretty relevant to me. If you're talking about her friend and the Mosque council thing, that doesn't seem any different than Cap showing up at Sam's veterans' support group and the two of them talking about trying to find their place in the world after being soldiers. It's part of who those characters are and the things that are important to them.