View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Thousands (28k!) of people coming across the border, so they've got the whole Rwanda thing going on to get rid of them all in an amaaaaazing, and totally not racist in any way, "Brexit Benefit." How many are on this first, magical flight?

Reportedly a whopping 7... That's seven, with a capital "fuck all."

Yet another massive waste of money from the government. A possible £500,000 wasted.
    It's alright, Liz Truss just told us it represented "good value". I swear the idiocy of this group running the country plumbs new depths every day.

Mind you, it probably does look good value compared to the £31bn wasted on test and trace. Or the £10bn wasted on PPE contracts that didn't produce useable PPE. Or the £10bn wasted on fraud during Covid. Or the £31bn that Brexit has cost our country. Compared to those costs, it's chicken feed.

All to keep a bunch of racist gammons happy. Is this what my country has sunk to? Makes me ashamed.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thousands (28k!) of people coming across the border, so they've got the whole Rwanda thing going on to get rid of them all in an amaaaaazing, and totally not racist in any way, "Brexit Benefit." How many are on this first, magical flight?

Reportedly a whopping 7... That's seven, with a capital "fuck all."

Yet another massive waste of money from the government. A possible £500,000 wasted.
    The numbers deported are not as important as the message or principle it sends to the people smugglers and their future customers. Enter the UK legally or risk being sent to Rwanda.

It is shameful that some would say £500,000 is money wasted if deportation of a few deters and prevents only one death by drowning in the English channel. Taking back control of our borders was a Brexit promise and is now being honoured.

It is a Brexit benefit implemented by Boris and the caring Conservatives that the UK/Rwanda deal improves the human rights and right to life of people who otherwise might foolishly imperil themselves by attempting a very dangerous English channel crossing.

Nothing racist about it, a policy to take great pride in and definitely not a waste of money.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Curious to know if the news will report the 1st flight bringing refugees from Rwanda.

I wonder how many Brexiteers even know this is a reciprocal agreement ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we really still beating the "taking back control" drum?

We always had control of our borders, we just never bloody enforced anything.
    It's especially funny after what Zealo posted.

I'm sure it'll go eventually. Probably when Boris decides human rights are something the UK wants no part of.
    …we’ll see…

Brexit definately didn't do anything good for the English football team, count that as a con now that they're at the bottom, below 3 EU countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Brexit definately didn't do anything good for the English football team, count that as a con now that they're at the bottom, below 3 EU countries.
    The English never cared much for their national team. And their national team was never the big prestige project of their players. Unless they win it, of course, in which case suddenly it's the only thing that matters.

It just so happens the English have won fuckall in over half a century... :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The English never cared much for their national team
    Huh? Did you miss all the "it's coming home lads" fuss two years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Huh? Did you miss all the "it's coming home lads" fuss two years ago?
    Yes, because they stumbled into the finals somehow. Ask them now if they care about the Euros.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Yes, because they stumbled into the finals somehow. Ask them now if they care about the Euros.
    I remember it well enough, are you forgetting we beat you on the way to the final or do you not follow the German national team?

Ohh yes! I remember you got a forum holiday for trolling the thread after England lost the final, but didn't say a peep when Germany went out.

Stay classy Slant.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Steer clear from trolling fellow posters.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    UK reveals plans to ditch parts of EU Brexit deal

This will go over absolutely swimmingly with the EU, I'm sure.
    Yes, the UK is yet again breaking an agreement, and are being taken to court, or to quote "Let's call a spade a spade. This is illegal."
    That is the UK is currently breaking the 'Good faith' article of the withdrawal agreement.

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2022/0...hanges-brexit/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, the UK is yet again breaking an agreement, and are being taken to court, or to quote "Let's call a spade a spade. This is illegal."
    That is the UK is currently breaking the 'Good faith' article of the withdrawal agreement.

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2022/0...hanges-brexit/
    That of course is the EU side and we all know there are two sides to every story. The UK has been trying to debate serious problems with the protocol that jeopardise the GFA for two years and the EU are ignoring this. In order to prevent the EU from further damaging the GFA the UK are forced to act unilaterally re-writing the Brexit agreeemnt.

As to whether legal or not, the UK Attorney General says it is.

'Listen my preferred alternative right now is negotiation and my invitation to our EU friends is to come back to the table and to engage substantively with our proposals,' she said. 'They've failed to do that for over two years now and that's why we've regrettably been left with no option but to take these measures.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rt-Peston.html

All quite reasonable eurochums and actions, or in this case EU inaction, has consequences.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I'm surprised you're not dizzy after all the constant spinning of stories that you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I remember it well enough, are you forgetting we beat you on the way to the final or do you not follow the German national team?

Ohh yes! I remember you got a forum holiday for trolling the thread after England lost the final, but didn't say a peep when Germany went out.

Stay classy Slant.
    We won like 3 world cups since '66. And at the last one we kicked Brazil's ass in their home. Ask me again if I care about England beating us in the Euros in '20. Plenty of tourneys to be had. Plenty of opportunities, all we have to do is wait and we'll win something again. Not something every country can say about themselves.

That of course is the EU side and we all know there are two sides to every story.
    Yes, a right one (the EU) and a wrong one (the Untied Kingdom).

All quite reasonable eurochums and actions, or in this case EU inaction, has consequences.
    EU's inactivity on the legal front is now changing, the inaction of Boris's government to follow the agreement that he made will thus have consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, a right one (the EU) and a wrong one (the Untied Kingdom).

EU's inactivity on the legal front is now changing, the inaction of Boris's government to follow the agreement that he made will thus have consequences.
    Yeah, I don't get how he can look at this and think he's in the right. You made a deal, signed it, agreed to abide by its rules, and then immediately turn around and do none of that, and claim it's the other side's fault.

And we just know if it was the EU doing the exact same thing he'd be up in arms about how the EU are breaking their deals and aren't trustworthy, but when it's the UK doing it, they're just taking back sovereignty

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah, I don't get how he can look at this and think he's in the right. You made a deal, signed it, agreed to abide by its rules, and then immediately turn around and do none of that, and claim it's the other side's fault.

And we just know if it was the EU doing the exact same thing he'd be up in arms about how the EU are breaking their deals and aren't trustworthy, but when it's the UK doing it, they're just taking back sovereignty
    It's worse than that; the DUP side of the story suggests that Boris had no intention of honouring the agreement he signed. So he lied to the electorate (and gained his majority under false circumstances), he lied to the EU and he lied to the rest of the MPs that were out of the loop.

Since he was telling the DUP he was going to renege, I suspect he told the ERG the same thing. Which is why they agreed to vote for the deal.

Boris is, basically, a lying cunt. Can't be trusted in any circumstances.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

We won like 3 world cups since '66. And at the last one we kicked Brazil's ass in their home. Ask me again if I care about England beating us in the Euros in '20. Plenty of tourneys to be had. Plenty of opportunities, all we have to do is wait and we'll win something again. Not something every country can say about themselves.
    I'm genuinely pleased for you! Well done!

I see Boris is in Ukraine again cultivating his "World Statesman" brand: The prime minister had been due to appear at a conference held by a group of his Tory MPs in Doncaster, but cancelled the visit to travel to the Ukrainian capital instead.

Bet he got a far warmer reception than facing his own MP's, after yet another great week for his goverment, with the ethics adviser and Priti Patel knocking it out the park with Rwanda!
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Dribbles with his border control thing: no more migrants..

The dutch, in the EU: We cant handle more migrants, lets close border for them! EU: Okay. *shrugs*