Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean, nothing came as a big surprise here, but why on earth would they let Reva live?
    They are literally hunting force-sensitive beings all around the universe just because they might turn against the empire. She did turn against it, and although we cannot say how powerful she really is she has had training, and will use it to help bring the empire down. Why would you leave someone alive who has intimate knowledge of many secret things, and actually tried to kill both persons who were present there?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Nah, you're just full of shit - as usual =)
    I gotta partly agree with Elim, he does "look" different, but yeah...... we all know he is the same one.

And for predictions, I think ALL of us were on the money with Reva, I mean even a BLIND person can see that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I mean from the POV of Reva.
    If I wanted to kill Vader I would think about dropping a spaceship on him and not trying to be like a rogue in WoW.
    Riiiiigghhhhhtttttt, did you NOT SEE Vader just ragdoll that freighter!! Dont think that would have worked either

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I mean, nothing came as a big surprise here, but why on earth would they let Reva live?
    This kinda got to me as well. I mean, why not just decapitate her..... I mean she gut stabbed the GI and he is still alive, what makes them think that she will die. I mean other than being stranded on a planet, but with all they left behind there are bound to be medical supplies to get her stable.

They are literally hunting force-sensitive beings all around the universe just because they might turn against the empire. She did turn against it, and although we cannot say how powerful she really is she has had training, and will use it to help bring the empire down. Why would you leave someone alive who has intimate knowledge of many secret things, and actually tried to kill both persons who were present there?
    Simple......... Plot Armor. She had +1000000 to to HP on her chestpiece so she could survive. I mean if they actually KILL her, we can get her new series out there can we?

10+ Year Old Account
    After last week's disorganised mess of an episode we got, by far, the best episode yet to date.

Also this twist actually makes me curious for a Reva spin off series of hunting inquisitors.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Because she isn't going to be trusted by any Rebels so to them, she is a good as dead anyway.

Yes, she could fight against them, but without support, how much of a threat is she?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

If Episode 5 had been done by these people, Leia could have fixed the damn Falcon herself. Even better than Han did. Because the Force is female, right?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Because the Force is female, right?
    That depends are you wearing your Nike shoes?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because she isn't going to be trusted by any Rebels so to them, she is a good as dead anyway.

Yes, she could fight against them, but without support, how much of a threat is she?
    Well, "as good as dead" is not dead, there is no reason to risk it. And trust can be (re)built, we've seen enough cases, apart from Obi Wan who might even vouch for her.
    How much of a threat is a force sensitive family compared to someone who was in the highest orders of the empire? Nah, that was just bad story writing. They could just have let her escape, but leaving her deliberately alive makes zero sense, it doesn't even serve as "punishment" for her failure, because now she can just try again.

Was the best episode yet, and finally more what people were expecting, but Reva obviously should have died.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, "as good as dead" is not dead, there is no reason to risk it. And trust can be (re)built, we've seen enough cases, apart from Obi Wan who might even vouch for her.
    How much of a threat is a force sensitive family compared to someone who was in the highest orders of the empire? Nah, that was just bad story writing. They could just have let her escape, but leaving her deliberately alive makes zero sense, it doesn't even serve as "punishment" for her failure, because now she can just try again.
    If you are expecting a series where everyone's choice is the optimal choice. You are looking for the most unrealistic version of fiction possible.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Was the best episode yet, and finally more what people were expecting, but Reva obviously should have died.
    Agreed, though I actually like the first episode with Leia despite the goofiness of the chase scenes.

We also finally got confirmation--or at least the hypothetical suggestion--that Vader has been intentionally hiding his real identity. You know, as opposed to just pulling that out of one's ass and claiming it as fact prior to now. It still seems pointless as maybe three or four people in the entire galaxy would give a solitary fuck who he used to be (and he doesn't even know about two of them), but at least it's canonical now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only watched the first 3 episodes and aside from it being pretty slow, the only thing I thought was dumb was the first 'chase' scene with Leia in the woods. Mostly the camera work and the bumbling about that looked really disorganized, especially in that setting. The one in the streets later made way more sense considering Obi Wan trying to keep a low profile while trying to navigate a mess of civilians/bounty hunters while a child is using their small stature to her advantage. The woods (at least how it was shot) just seemed really dumb by comparison lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probaly, so she can attack Anakins kid.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Some of the battle choreography did still seem a bit weird. It was great that stormtroopers finally shot some people, though either because of the camera cuts or just general direction, parts of the retreat seemed kinda janky. Like....too slow and not frenetic enough?
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

This show really is difficult to watch... I have not been able to finish episode 4, it feel every sub-standard - i mean there are certain things I never expect from star wars, but at least it did other things quite well. Maybe episode will get better, but the Clone wars cartoons were way more enjoyable than this.

I wonder if it is a gender based thing. Men just have not been captivated by star wars since Disney took over - some of liked, most have been lukewarm, many don't care. Exceptions seem to be Rogue One and Mandalorian - - liked/enjoyed enough Rogue 1, Last Jedi, Solo and the Mandalorian - but none of them captivated me, and the only really cool moment in all of those for me, was Luke at the send of Mandalorian Season 2 - meanwhile the pre-quels, originals, CN clone wars and normal clone wars even Rebels have lots of cool moments.

Never agreed with the direction they took the sequels, I felt it undermined the entire franchise - and is the worse way you could do a re write - make 1-6 count for nothing, so much so, it wil lmake sense to change things and make 709 count for nothing, despite liking some of those in and of themselves.

But Kenobi? it's bad, it's really bad - and it's sad to see. Ah well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Agreed, though I actually like the first episode with Leia despite the goofiness of the chase scenes.

We also finally got confirmation--or at least the hypothetical suggestion--that Vader has been intentionally hiding his real identity. You know, as opposed to just pulling that out of one's ass and claiming it as fact prior to now. It still seems pointless as maybe three or four people in the entire galaxy would give a solitary fuck who he used to be (and he doesn't even know about two of them), but at least it's canonical now.
    Wow, I really live rent free in your head.

And maybe you just lacked the ability to put 2 and 2 together.

Also, it doesn't matter how many people care about knowing something or who someone is. That has always been irrelevant, I don't even understand how you could possibly think that matters to what is and is not a secret.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the battle choreography did still seem a bit weird. It was great that stormtroopers finally shot some people, though either because of the camera cuts or just general direction, parts of the retreat seemed kinda janky. Like....too slow and not frenetic enough?
    I don't know if they were trying to recreate the feel the opening to A New Hope, but there was something off about it.
    I just can't quit place my finger on what is wrong with it.
    –The Sith Code

If you are expecting a series where everyone's choice is the optimal choice. You are looking for the most unrealistic version of fiction possible.
    I agree, but there are optimal, suboptimal and idiotic choices, and taking idiotic choices also leads to idiotic fiction.

5+ Year Old Account
    How is it is Shitty episode when you misunderstood what happened in it?

Her plan was to attack Vader when he was distracted by Kenobi, not just because his back was turned.
    Except kenobi had departed, some plan, distraction over.
    Possible distraction is kenobi present in the moment.

Be mindful of the living force, young padawan!

Reva's story isn't over.
    I doubt most give a shit about her "story" seeking revenge against anakin after she became an inquisitor n did the same things herself? Lol? Makes sense? How many force-wielders died because of her, or her participation? That young Reva is dead, she became something else.
    Who writes this crap?...Only things was missing was for the emperor to be there n reva throwing him down a shaft...

It's been days since he was stabbed. He has likely been in bacta or other medical treatment and force users can use the force to ignore or push through pain.
    Ah, yes, the magical bacta tank, if only qui-gon had known about it...still doesn't explain how the grand.inq got fatter, but whatevers.

And you are assuming that the tracker and what Leia removed weren't the same thing.
    Trackers n restraining bolts are 2 separate items, but with these writers apparently two different machinery can be housed in one unit, as small as one...for some reason nobody has thought about using this special unit before...

because convenient for plot. I guess this isn't the biggest sin, but still, doesn't make sense.

Actually, it's three things, it tracks, it restraints and somehow directs the robot to close the gates, how many things can the plot shove into that one unit leia removed only thing missing was for it to have shields like droidekas..

- - - Updated - - -

Those people had large shields to hide behind, stormtroopers had nothing, that's why they are called stormtroopers, they are cannon fodder, inexpensive that replaced the expensive n better clone troopers. Also dunno know how many were force users in that crowd, at least the people there had bigger reason to fight.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-06-15 at 06:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Except kenobi had departed, some plan, distraction over.
    Possible distraction is kenobi present in the moment.
    That's not how distractions work.

I doubt most give a shit about her "story" seeking revenge against anakin after she became an inquisitor n did the same things herself? Lol? Makes sense? How many force-wielders died because of her, or her participation? That young Reva is dead, she became something else.
    Who writes this crap?...Only things was missing was for the emperor to be there n reva throwing him down a shaft...
    "You are the least among us." We have no idea how many she did or did not impact.

Ah, yes, the magical bacta tank, if only qui-gon had known about it...still doesn't explain how the grand.inq got fatter, but whatevers.
    I am sorry, does a non-human species not dying as fast as a human bother you somehow? Also, Qui-gon died before he could get any medical treatment.

Trackers n restraining bolts are 2 separate items, but with these writers apparently two different machinery can be housed in one unit, as small as one...for some reason nobody has thought about using this special unit before...

because convenient for plot. I guess this isn't the biggest sin, but still, don't make sense.

Actually, it's three things, it tracks, it restraints and somehow directs the robot to close the gates, how many things can the plot shove into that one unit leia removed only thing missing was for it to have shields like droidekas..
    You make it sound like those three functions are completely independent things. It is possible it is an override that broadcasts its location to individuals tracking it.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-06-15 at 06:49 PM.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    That's not how distractions work.
    Yes that's how distractions work, vader is busy engaging kenobi n reva comes in n stabbs vader in the back.
    Unless she has invisibility like others said of warcraft rogue class that breaks stealth with light saber stabb in the back...her great plan was to tip toe to vader after it was all over...uh, what?..

"You are the least among us." We have no idea how many she did or did not impact.
    Forgot about tattoine already? It's ok, because this a crap show so interest is low to remember details how she wanted to cut the arm off that jedi n grand inquisitor restraining her...dunno why you reaching with this reva isn't bad guy thingy??...

I am sorry, does a non-human species not dying as fast as a human? Also, Qui-gon died before he could get any medical treatment.
    Bacta tank is just for the writers to conveniently throw in a character again..lazy writing.
    Grand inquisitor had internal damage, ability to dull pain doesn't change that the intestines are severly damaged, he got a killing blow, just so writers could make reva look bad ass, but cuz he is in rebels he has to come back..

I really hope they cut down on this bacta tank shit..

Luke lost an arm, that's bone n muscle, infinitely less serious damage..

Grand inquisitor should have been out for the whole season, they could have shown him in tank, not prancing around "ha ha ha, who got the last laugh, reva? huh? huh?"

While it no doubt is important medical equipment, for it to so fast cure people of grave injuries and at the same time have vader spend so much time in one (Rogue One, Kenobi) is contradictory...

You make it sound like those three functions are completely independent things. It is possible it is an override that broadcasts its location to individuals tracking it.
    Yet to broadcast you need machinery for that specific purpose, how do you explain that, that device could do three separate things? It tracks, broadcasts AND shuts down the rebel base? Apparently only reva in the whole galaxy thinks such a thing is useful, nobody else is interested in buying/producing them?...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    That young Reva is dead, she became something else. Who writes this crap?...Only things was missing was for the emperor to be there n reva throwing him down a shaft...
    This is kinda a core part of Star Wars and comes up again and again and again, Anakin “dies” and becomes something else, so does obiwan, yoda, and it’s what Luke faces both from Obiwan trying to get him to kill Vader and the emperor doing the same.

It’s a constant part of starwars even applying to lesser characters like ventress or grievous.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-15 at 07:08 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.