Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no sure why you blame whole playerbase when most of wow playerbase is already gone from game since Cata/ MoP era

who are at fault are mythic raiders and streamers. and yes blizzard too for not fireing Ion years ago

somewhere at some point of time decision was made to cater game only to 5% instead tell them to literaly "f..... off" if they are done with game and bored. and since that moment game went into gutter and blizzard dont have balls to revert it. raiding has been always negatively affecting game and it still is.

mythic + are showing perfecly how huge mistake was focusing on big raids instead dungeons. raids shoule be gone from game after wolk and instead game should focus on 5-10 man short 20-30 minutes dungeon content.

imagine if you got 10 man dungeons to do - how fun it woudl be compared to 5 mans.

but no we have to perpetualy waste resources on raids - when we could have been getting 5-6 new dungeons each tier if raiding would be gone from game
    There was always a hardcore scene that got some(!) attention since classic, idk. how you guys always pull this argument out of nowhere that WoW is catering more to them, this always smells of old and bald.

Did lfd cater to the "5%"?
    Did lfr?
    Did the increasing open world/solo player experience since Legion cater to the "5%"?
    Does M+ which turned around the "raid or die" attitude cater to the "5%"?
    Dragonriding... xd?

I do not see more focus and more Mythic raidcontent in the last few years.
    I do not see the Issues those "5%" have with the game addressed.
    I do not see Blizzard pushing for more competition, that's on the playerbase.
    I do not see the ancient core gameplay of WoW changing to cater to those "5%".

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    The biggest problem is Blizzard's obsession with the monkey's paw. Whatever the players wish for, they have to add some downside that ends up ruining the fun entirely.

Players: "We want a dragon race!"
    Blizzard: "Fine, you can have a dragon race. But it can't show any armor, play other classes, or change their mortal disguise to anything but male blood elf or human female."

Take anything they do these days and you can see the monkey's paw in action.

Players: "We want talent trees back!"
    Blizzard: "Fine, but you'll actually have less than you have now, not more. It will be impossible to stitch your class back together as it once was."

And so on.

Players: "We want flying from the start!"
    Blizzard: "Fine, but it won't work like regular flying. You'll have to earn that back, but it won't ever be as powerful as it used to be ever again."
    All these downsides read like you're upset that Blizzard failed to consider your singular vision when implementing these features. I'm sorry your ideas aren't important enough for the Blizzard developers to care about but it is impossibly arrogant to assume everybody sees things the same way you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    All these downsides read like you're upset that Blizzard failed to consider your singular vision when implementing these features. I'm sorry your ideas aren't important enough for the Blizzard developers to care about but it is impossibly arrogant to assume everybody sees things the same way you do.
    I see this all to often on forums. "The game is shit and dying because..." *wall of text* - TRANSLATION - I dont personally like these things.

There are a lot of things in wow i dont personally like, or dont participate in, but i would never argue they should be removed, or are the problem with the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I knew what this was gonna be the moment i read the title.

The usual blame shifting like the player base has any power at all.

No one told Blizzard to make an e-sports game out of an mmorpg. They did that themselves.