Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Yes that's how distractions work, vader is busy engaging kenobi n reva comes in n stabbs vader in the back.
    Unless she has invisibility like others said of warcraft rogue class that breaks stealth with light saber stabb in the back...her great plan was to tip toe to vader after it was all over...uh, what?..
    There are more distractions that than. This was still one.

Forgot about tattoine already? It's ok, because this a crap show so interest is low to remember details how she wanted to cut the arm off that jedi n grand inquisitor restraining her...dunno why you reaching with this reva isn't bad guy thingy??...
    And that doesn't discount my point. We don't know how many she has hurt, period. The Jedi had escaped, and did so because of her actions.

Bacta tank is just for the writers to conveniently throw in a character again..lazy writing.
    Grand inquisitor had internal damage, ability to dull pain doesn't change that the intestines are severly damaged, he got a killing blow, just so writers could make reva look bad ass, but cuz he is in rebels he has to come back..
    That's how bacta works.

Luke lost an arm, that's bone n muscle, infinitely less serious damage..
    Luke was also saved by a Bacta tank in ESB after being attacked by a Wampa and nearly dying of hypothermia.

Grand inquisitor should have been out for the whole season, they could have shown him in tank, not prancing around "ha ha ha, who got the last laugh, reva? huh? huh?"

While it no doubt is important medical equipment, for it to so fast cure people of grave injuries and at the same time have vader spend so much time in one (Rogue One, Kenobi) is contradictory...
    As opposed to how it was shown to Luke?

Yet to broadcast you need machinery for that specific purpose, how do you explain that, that device could do three separate things? It tracks, broadcasts AND shuts down the rebel base? Apparently only reva in the whole galaxy thinks such a thing is useful, nobody else is interested in buying/producing them?...
    The tracking can be the same thing as broadcasting.
    All it requires is two way communication on a device capable of overriding the droid.

You are making it more complex than it needs to be.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Bacta tank is just for the writers to conveniently throw in a character again..lazy writing.
    Grand inquisitor had internal damage, ability to dull pain doesn't change that the intestines are severly damaged, he got a killing blow, just so writers could make reva look bad ass, but cuz he is in rebels he has to come back..

I really hope they cut down on this bacta tank shit..
    While I'm not a big fan of it (though it is better than "the 80s action hero just recovers from a bullet wound a few scenes later"), it's not an unreasonable technology to exist in a setting this technologically advanced. And if it does exist, it'd be used a lot. It's like complaining about seeing someone being treated by a doctor when they're injured, or bickering about the existence of bandages.

That said, a gut shot like what both he and Reva (and countless other characters in Star Wars) suffered is hardly a death blow or mortal wound. Even in the real world it's not, unless you can't get medical attention in a reasonable amount of time. Even if the bacta tank couldn't heal it, a handful of droid parts could as we've seen multiple times now with both Fennec and Cobb Vanth. Let alone the Empire with its unlimited resources and wealth, especially for the Inquisitors who seem to just have resources thrown at them hand-over-fist.

Star Wars has tons of problems with their storytelling, but this isn't one of them. Short of it being overused. I mean, Reva's going to be the fourth character in less than a year to recover from a similar injury.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    That said, a gut shot like what both he and Reva (and countless other characters in Star Wars) suffered is hardly a death blow or mortal wound. Even in the real world
    I don't know how to tell you, but even if we assume it's a gut stab and not a heart stab - the spine is cut as well. In real life that's death. Oh and btw - Reva should've been immobilized and completely paralyzed chest down. No amount of Force can change that - yet she was in a different pose - basically sitting when she got to the communicator, if we assume she Force crawled, that's still impossible with a wound like that. Physiologically.

Qui-Gon was authentic. He just collapsed and was lying there waiting for Obi-wan. Grand Inquisitor as well, though he was waiting for medical team.

But, a YUGE BUTT, Vader stabbed her THRU THE HEART (rhyme unintended). She should be quite literally gone.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2022-06-15 at 08:02 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I know the * lol Stormtroopers* is just a meme now but 40 of them shooting into a confined space at people who were mostly not even bothering to take cover and they only plug a couple of them? That and them letting Reva live being pretty fookin stupid it was easily the best episode thus far. Pew pew lightsabers! Ooh Ahh Force things!! Seeing Vader going ham was pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I don't know how to tell you, but even if we assume it's a gut stab and not a heart stab - the spine is cut as well. In real life that's death. Oh and btw - Reva should've been immobilized and completely paralyzed chest down. No amount of Force can change that - yet she was in a different pose - basically sitting when she got to the communicator, if we assume she Force crawled, that's still impossible with a would like that. Physiologically.
    It clearly didn't sever his (or her) spine.

Also a severed spine, especially that low on the body, is not instant death. Spinal injuries happen all the time. Sure, it usually leaves a personal immobilized to one extent or another, but it's not like their fucking necks were broken (and even then, not a guaranteed death outside of bad movies and tv shows).

No magical field of magical magic required. Not sure where you got the idea that even factored into anything as neither Fennec or Cobb are force-sensitive that we know of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remember when you said the same about GI?
    Do you want an exact date and time or just riffing?

It clearly didn't sever his (or her) spine.
    It absolutely did. Lightsaber melted it, and not just to the bone, WITH the bone and the spinal cord inside.
    Also a severed spine, especially that low on the body, is not instant death. Spinal injuries happen all the time. Sure, it usually leaves a personal immobilized to one extent or another, but it's not like their fucking necks were broken (and even then, not a guaranteed death outside of bad movies and tv shows).
    A severed spine is not a problem while the spinal cord is intact. That's impossible with the lightsaber application. The spinal cord is bust. That's the most sever injury imaginable and in real life the life expectancy for incomplete version of it is a year, tops. Complete - oh boy. There's nothing to manage. No sensory information, muscle atrophy, incontinence, infections, blood clots, breathing problems, heart problems (if it's intact). Darth Maul was lucky to be cut off completely and much lower, successfully replaced bottom with cybernetics.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

It absolutely did. Lightsaber melted it, and not just to the bone, WITH the bone and the spinal cord inside.
    By all means, prove it.

A severed spine is not a problem while the spinal cord is intact. That's impossible with the lightsaber application. The spinal cord is bust. That's the most sever injury imaginable and in real life the life expectancy for incomplete version of it is a year, tops. Complete - oh boy. There's nothing to manage. No sensory information, muscle atrophy, incontinence, infections, blood clots, breathing problems, heart problems (if it's intact). Darth Maul was lucky to be cut off completely and much lower, successfully replaced bottom with cybernetics.
    Again, please feel free to prove any of this BS. Because, you know, actual medicine and science says you're full of the latter.

And wait wait wait, you're going on about fucking Darth Maul when literally everyone else is talking about the type of injuries Fennec, Cobb Vanth, the Grand Inquisitor, and Reva suffered?

Jesus dude. You people on this forum really can't keep up with a conversation. Not that it matters too terribly much as -- again -- there are plenty of people in the real world who've been cut in half and survived. All without any of the ultra tech and literal magic available in Star Wars.
    Last edited by Infinity Cubed; 2022-06-15 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By all means, prove it.
    To you? Never.

Again, please feel free to prove any of this BS. Because, you know, actual medicine and science says you're full of the latter.
    "Approximately 10-20% of patients who have sustained a spinal cord injury do not survive to reach acute hospitalization, whereas about 3% of patients die during acute hospitalization.

Originally the leading cause of death in patients with spinal cord injury who survived their initial injury was renal failure, but, currently, the leading causes of death are pneumonia, pulmonary embolism, or septicemia. Heart disease, [18, 19] subsequent trauma, suicide, and alcohol-related deaths are also major causes of death in these patients"

It says what I say. Cannot read futher.
    And wait wait wait, you're going on about fucking Darth Maul when literally everyone else is talking about the type of injuries Fennec, Cobb Vanth, the Grand Inquisitor, and Reva suffered?
    Fennec was shot in the gut, Cobb was shot in the chest, Grand Inquisitor was stabbed in the gut, Reva was stabbed in the heart. All different injuries. Keep up!
    Jesus dude. You people on this forum really can't keep up with a conversation. Not that it matters too terribly much as -- again -- there are plenty of people in the real world who've been cut in half and survived. All without any of the ultra tech and literal magic available in Star Wars.
    That guy was crushed below hip. He got a better deal than Maul. Completely irrelevant case, because, you know, hip is where the spine ends.

To you? Never.
    Fair enough. Salut.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Everyone predicted the Grand Inquisitor would return, because he shows up later in the timeline. Some said he wouldn't survive a stab in the gut because that is fatal in the SW universe. You'll only survive if you're cut in half. Oh wait that was you.
    Grand Inquisitor race has two stomachs.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Grand Inquisitor race has two stomachs.
    For all we know he could've been already a cyborg.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I think cutting legs off is different than stabbing through organs. Lightsabers basically instantly cauterize wounds so you don't bleed out, but if a lightsaber goes through your heart or lungs you won't survive.
    Sorry - they brought Maul back.

Maul was cut in half. Not a leg or an arm, or even just both legs. IN HALF - through the GUT. And lived 'just fine' (so to speak). Not a clone, not even as a Force Ghost - but bang-on alive, mobile, and still using Force Powers and killing people.

After that - there is little to no death-logic in Star Wars. Everything can be 'healed from' if that's what the 'current writer' decides needs to happen.

We can know it makes no sense at all biologically - we can all know there's no actual real reason these people are surviving. But in the reality of Star Wars Universe - this can all be recovered from.

I mean I don't like it either. Death should mean something and the rules should be the same - but it is what it is.

(btw, not really arguing this point with you specifically Green Jesus, just you were the most recent poster for me to quote - but this response goes out to everyone arguing that any of these wounds we're seeing are definitely fatal. WE the viewer just can't know that, for sure, yet.)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Maul was cut in half. Not a leg or an arm, or even just both legs. IN HALF - through the GUT. And lived 'just fine' (so to speak). Not a clone, not even as a Force Ghost - but bang-on alive, mobile, and still using Force Powers and killing people.
    Even then, cybernetics as limb replacements, even for entire lower bodies, had been in Star Wars WAY before Maul's character returned.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Even then, cybernetics as limb replacements, even for entire lower bodies, had been in Star Wars WAY before Maul's character returned.
    Not to mention he's not a human.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's cool. Reva seems to be doing just fine as well. If only Qui-Gon had such power.

As for GI, we didn't know if it's the same GI as in Rebels, he looks kinda different.
    That's my biggest beef with Maul coming back.

That they didn't do the same for Qui-Gon, damnit. His wounds weren't worse! But I guess Jedi have more...respect for life...maybe...(?) that they wouldn't try to rez-him vs. Maul and the Sith?

*Yeah, I'm reaching for something besides "writer wants to use Maul so let's bring him back" logic.*
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my biggest beef with Maul coming back.

That they didn't do the same for Qui-Gon, damnit. His wounds weren't worse! But I guess Jedi have more...respect for life...maybe...(?) that they wouldn't try to rez-him vs. Maul and the Sith?

*Yeah, I'm reaching for something besides "writer wants to use Maul so let's bring him back" logic.*
    Qui-gon was stabbed thru the heart, and he was still alive by the end only because he was using force to have a final word, and we now know he found a way to go ghost so he probably was not really planning to stay corporeal.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Qui-gon was stabbed thru the heart, and he was still alive by the end only because he was using force to have a final word, and we now know he found a way to go ghost so he probably was not really planning to stay corporeal.
    The main point of *my* particular point is -

We (the audience) can come up with all the logical, or illogical, ways that this 'makes sense' so that XYZ character can be brought "back to life." They're alien, it wasn't the heart; it wasn't the spinal cord (to me all = 'not as bad as it looked'); blah blah blah

And most of it happens after the fact that some writer in the story decided they wanted the character back - so they're back. Nevermind whether the character was ever suppose to be brought back after they were actually killed (the first time.) The new writer (or new episode, or new chapter) wants it - so that character manages to survive, somehow.

The fact that the audience has to brainstorm their own reasons to make this 'fit a logical universe' is the part that makes us all Sad for Star Wars, because its bad writing. And ultimately removes any tension from any character dying - because you just *don't know* when someone in the future might decide to pull them back out of their pocket.

So all arguments about whether XYZ characters should/should not have died from XYZ wound - among us fans - are moot and pointless and only serve to make us grumble at each other and divide the fans. Because ultimately none of that logic was used in bringing the character back, to begin with - just 'plot armor' is the REAL reason any of these aliens, or humans, get to live.

And that just sucks. For me, its removed all 'death tension' from the entire IP. I don't feel anything at all even if favorite characters die - because I can't rely on the fact that the IP will leave them dead. Whenever characters die all I can think is, "Yeah....we'll see..."
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR

5+ Year Old Account
    so what happens final episode? reva gets to a bacta tank, somehow, and after 1 minute, fresh, heads out to tattoine, to go darth maul (clone wars) after luke
    darth vader can't show his face there without figuring things out, so he won't, must be focused on kenobi n think kenobi dies somehow.

Why. That was exactly the motivation. People really need to get over it. In a fictional setting like this, if the writers want to miraculously revive a character, they can do it. It's not a big deal.

It's especially strange that this is such a sticking point to people when Darth Vader is right over there. Dude had all his limbs cut off, was set on fire by lava, and left to die. And yet here he is, destroying equipment, choking bitches, and murdering bystanders.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-06-15 at 10:44 PM.