Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Two overly pro Blizzard replies from two separate accounts, which just happens to have only a handful of posts.

...i smell something fishy.
    Uhhh that would be your breath backing up. Try breathing through your nostrils before you throw up from the smell. And brush your teeth once in a while lol, maybe some mouthwash?

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-06-15 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Two overly pro Blizzard replies from two separate accounts, which just happens to have only a handful of posts.

...i smell something fishy.
    Nah, that's just confirmation bias. Don't be that guy, you're better than that.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Happy for the folks who like ranked, but all I ever cared about was the campaign updates to reflect retcons and the custom campaigns. I legit just want to play an updated WC 1 and 2, that's all I want lol. Someone had already made 1:1 versions of those campaigns that were at least passable a long time ago, but they've vanished from workshop and I lost my local copies =(

Blizz could scrap reforged alltogether and give wc1 and 2 the SC:remaster treatment and I'd be happy as hell.

I don't think there's any chance of the former being done, but if they'd just fix Custom campaigns I could at least run hive stuff without quenching
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2022-06-15 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Uhhh that would be your breath backing up. Try breathing through your nostrils before you throw up from the smell. And brush your teeth once in a while lol, maybe some mouthwash?

Infracted for flaming.
    Wow, someone doesn't have a sense of humor. With all the crap being posted on these forums, that guy was so upset over this response that he reports this dude? Does everyone tiptoe around that dude like walking on eggshells so as to not get him all upset?

How childish lol. I thought it was pretty funny esp after the dude called him a a blizz bot just for calling this dude out on his unfounded and antagonistic views on the subject of this thread.
    Last edited by Unseen Guest; 2022-06-15 at 06:43 PM.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    Wow, someone doesn't have a sense of humor. With all the crap being posted on these forums, that guy was so upset over this response that he reports this dude? Does everyone tiptoe around that dude like walking on eggshells so as to not get him all upset?

How childish lol. I thought it was pretty funny esp after the dude called him a a blizz bot just for calling this dude out on his unfounded and antagonistic views on the subject of this thread.

It just proves his breath smells like fish

I cannot imagine being a blizzard salad tosser these days. Get your shit together guys. Reforged was a shit product, no use trying to devend that cheap cash grab. Lets hope they do better with it later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    But COVID tho...
    That's not a reason. Tech companies should not be suffering 2 years of delays because of COVID, and if they are then they're clearly not fit to continue operation as they're severely incompetent. That said, the work that has been demonstrated here for the 1.33 update was all done two years ago. A former member of the Warcraft 3 team, Kam, who currently works at Hive Workshop confirmed this. It seems to have not been released because management did not have confidence in the original team and decided to dismantle it.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I cannot imagine being a blizzard salad tosser these days. Get your shit together guys. Reforged was a shit product, no use trying to devend that cheap cash grab. Lets hope they do better with it later.
    That's exactly what's being said, I'm not sure where the confusion is.

They said they're going to update it, so let's see what happens instead of raging immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    That's not a reason. Tech companies should not be suffering 2 years of delays because of COVID, and if they are then they're clearly not fit to continue operation as they're severely incompetent. That said, the work that has been demonstrated here for the 1.33 update was all done two years ago. A former member of the Warcraft 3 team, Kam, who currently works at Hive Workshop confirmed this. It seems to have not been released because management did not have confidence in the original team and decided to dismantle it.
    Yeah, but COVID tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    COVID was an initial issue.
    Past that was lawsuits.

Which was what I said in the first place that caused this people to keep saying "COVID ISN'T AN ISSUE!!", but for some reason ignore that it was a statement with multiple parts to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's exactly what's being said, I'm not sure where the confusion is.

They said they're going to update it, so let's see what happens instead of raging immediately
    I rage because no one else does and we witness idiotic bickering. Lets start bickering about that too like a 50 year old couple yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully theyll fix the damn client so I dont have to RESTART THE FUCKING GAME every time I want to play a co-op game with a friend.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Past that was lawsuits.

Which was what I said in the first place that caused this people to keep saying "COVID ISN'T AN ISSUE!!", but for some reason ignore that it was a statement with multiple parts to it.
    They make statements on all sorts of shit like Kotick making a statement that they started new initiatives to handle the culture issues. Look where that all went.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yeah, but COVID tho.
    Past that was lawsuits.

Neither of these issues are relevant, which is what people are getting at. These claims that the lack of updates were delayed (in part or in whole) by COVID or the lawsuits are not supported by what we know from sources at Blizzard. We already know, based on what former members of the team have said, that the 1.33 changes were all done by the initial team before it was dismantled in late 2020. The team was dismantled due to being dysfunctional (note: this dysfunction existed throughout Warcraft 3: Reforged's development, apart from any external issues), and updates that were already in the pipeline were not complete and new work was not done because Blizzard did not see it as a priority. That's basically the end of the issue: Blizzard saw that Warcraft 3: Reforged was a mess, didn't have confidence in the team, and so cut their losses.

That said, it's fine to be cautiously optimistic and hope that Blizzard begins engaging in the way players want them to; however, Blizzard hasn't earned back trust from most of the player base at this point. I can appreciate that it might be frustrating for people to always be jumping at or being hyper-critical of anything and everything Blizzard (or people who are perceived as defending them) is saying to the point that almost every thread is people chastising them even while they're putting out good news, but this is something Blizzard has done to themselves. Until Blizzard establishes a pattern of following through on commitments like the ones made in the news post, people won't trust their words, but will instead wait for their actions and expect disappointment.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

IT WAS SO HILARIOUS THE OTHER DAY I WANTED TO PLAY SOME wc3 AND I TRIED TO START THE GAME BUT BATTLE.NET WOULDN'T LET ME PLAY IT SO I COULDN'T EVEN PLAY IT SINGLE PLAYER BECAUSE REFORGED IS JUST A GRAB FOR THE ip AND IT'S ONLY AN INSULT TO CONSUMERS BUT WE ALL KNOW THERE'S NO REGULATIONS AGAINST GAME COMPANIES THAT ABUSE THEIR CONSUMERS UNLESS YOU LIVE IN NETHERLANDS/BELGIUM haha.

it's hilarious people are talking about "development time issues" etc but reforged is pure garbage it's like the worst thing to ever exist and nothing about it is good it's all about ip grabs and greed please stop being delusional stop believing in "nice guy blizzard" they only speak to trick you into believing they are nice but they just want your money.

Blizzard creates GREAT products too but then they create money grab products because they are not nice, they are too big to be nice, ok? they use deception like this, they pretend to be nice and love, but they create products like reforged or immortal to just MILK money. And what makes them so HORRIBLE is that they have this tight knit love from their users and just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

UNDERSTAND that they will use LITERAL psychological warfare to confuse your minds. Blizzard is like a unregulated soda company. They can put any type of devilish content in their products without regulation because it's not physical right. They can pretend they tell the truth while they're constantly lying all the time, they'll try to confuse u every moment they profit from it and then tell u the truth to profit from it, it's only about GREED nothing else.

SO IMAGINE if a soda company could literally work unregulated only based on greed because there's no laws against performing PSYOPS on your consumers in the gaming industry it's like the MTX Wild West of cruelty man, so please Blizzard NEVER talk with your "consumers" again, just go and be a NORMAL games company that isn't being "social" with their userbase, do us all a favor and STFU forever.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-06-16 at 07:05 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    These Warcraft III Reforged updates won't do much to address the main concerns players have. At least it's no enough for me to re-buy.
    yeah still no reconnect, custom campaigns, or the removal of the mandatory 30 GB bloat for non-Reforged players
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Is WC3 Reforged a perfectly fine game just to play through WC3/Frozen Throne? or is it a buggy mess?

Were peoples major problems just the online stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hranica View Post
    Is WC3 Reforged a perfectly fine game just to play through WC3/Frozen Throne? or is it a buggy mess?

It retroactively broke the original release of the game client. If you have the original CD's that is the only way to play it in offline mode. If you go online it will download and replace that version of the game and switch it to Reforged instead(but the updated graphics will be locked until you buy it). Which means you can never play the final patch release version of the original Warcraft III; just the unpatched version from the CD.

Literally a cancer to its original copy (both in spirit and programming).

If you wanted the play the Campagin it probably hasn't broken anything, never tested it myself but who the hell would trust Blizzard to even do that properly?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    It retroactively broke the original release of the game client. If you have the original CD's that is the only way to play it in offline mode. If you go online it will download and replace that version of the game and switch it to Reforged instead(but the updated graphics will be locked until you buy it). Which means you can never play the final patch release version of the original Warcraft III; just the unpatched version from the CD.

Literally a cancer to its original copy (both in spirit and programming).

If you wanted the play the Campagin it probably hasn't broken anything, never tested it myself but who the hell would trust Blizzard to even do that properly?
    Just pirate it, Warcraft 3 is abandonware so its completely legal.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2022-06-17 at 08:57 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hranica View Post

if you're still going to buy Reforged (actually don't), you're better off playing the Re-Reforged
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.