Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I come from MMOs like Everquest and the like so a dragonkin race isn't a turn off for me personally. I just hope the model is either beefed up a little (and no I don't mean male draenei proportions.) because their frame doesn't look quite right or that a more bulked up version is added as an option. During the reveal and following interviews it was said that a thicker version was an option but I just wished they had shown it off as well to help alay some fears and concerns.
    It’s the pro strat
    Show off the worst of the race, keep the good stuff hidden.
    Then reveal the good stuff so players will be like “wowwie they listened!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

I think the "move on crowd" (the basically 2 of you) are failing to see the problem the rest of us see.

WoW is dying.

People have left in droves and the game has suffered blow after blow by shit expansions and poor decisions.

WoW needs a HUGE win. They need something to make people come back in big numbers. Its fine if you all like the models they provided and the little bit of work they have done in making a 2 spec class/race that you cannot pretend is vastly well accepted. There ARE people that like it, or people that have chosen to like it for whatever reason, but it definitely is not getting any type of huge swell for people that want to play it.

As a general rule, these dracthyr are not going to bring ANYONE back to WoW. And that, at the end, is the real problem. WoW needed something amazing and they got something mediocre. That YOU are fine with mediocre isn't the issue, its that nobody excited to play this new class or this new expansion that wasn't ALREADY going to play it.

They needed a big win. These dracthyr aren't it. Whatever the reasoning matters very little. They aren't bringing people back to WoW, and THAT'S a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    WoW is dying.
    Weird, I feel like I've read this before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dracthyr sounds more like a vampire than a dragon to me. I dunno.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Dracthyr sounds more like a vampire than a dragon to me. I dunno.
    Its easy to tell why, since its unholy union of Dracula+Vampyr.

Where these Dragonmen and Drakonids when you need them in DF.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-06-16 at 09:19 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    How is that scrawny? I swear you all must be bodybuilders in real life. I hate most male races in wow because of how ridiculously bulky they are. Even male belf who is supposed to be the smallest has arms the size of China.
    Well, when every male in game looks like The Rock, if you do a model with Van Damme body-type, it would surely look very scrawny.

I think the "move on crowd" (the basically 2 of you) are failing to see the problem the rest of us see.

WoW is dying.

People have left in droves and the game has suffered blow after blow by shit expansions and poor decisions.

WoW needs a HUGE win. They need something to make people come back in big numbers. Its fine if you all like the models they provided and the little bit of work they have done in making a 2 spec class/race that you cannot pretend is vastly well accepted. There ARE people that like it, or people that have chosen to like it for whatever reason, but it definitely is not getting any type of huge swell for people that want to play it.

As a general rule, these dracthyr are not going to bring ANYONE back to WoW. And that, at the end, is the real problem. WoW needed something amazing and they got something mediocre. That YOU are fine with mediocre isn't the issue, its that nobody excited to play this new class or this new expansion that wasn't ALREADY going to play it.

They needed a big win. These dracthyr aren't it. Whatever the reasoning matters very little. They aren't bringing people back to WoW, and THAT'S a problem.
    WoW is most definitely not dying, are the numbers as high as they used to be? No probably not, Is the game population still Healthy? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    The current approach just seems the worst of both worlds. We get these goofy-looking lizard-people, who aren't even a REAL race (almost zero transmog options), have NO passing connection in the game's lore, and apparently they fucking STILL have to go into Visage form to use mounts.

With so many restrictions in place, why not just make them LOOK like proper dragons -- just scaled-down to be comparable size to Druid forms, or Worgen's Running Wild?

For one, you don't then need to create a bunch of bullshit lore about WHY these humanoid-dragon-abominations exist, you can simply say "hey, Deathwing experimented with creating a "Prismatic Dragonflight", they're relatively young or just very small compared to other dragons". Boom, all bases covered.

And since the whole thing about the Evoker is that it's SUPPOSED to be a "playable dragon" class, well, wouldn't it be a whole lot cooler if they actually LOOKED the part? Instead of just looking like argonians from Elder Scrolls?

I would think making this shift would be a total slam-dunk for Blizzard. They still get to avoid adding all of the "usual" shit that genuinely new races need (custom-fit armor and transmogs, all sorts of animations, obvious clipping issues abound), and as a FANTASY, there's no denying that being able to "play as a dragon" -- again, even if physically smaller -- would be pretty freaking sick.

And personally? I'd let players choose any race (or at least those native to Azeroth) to use as a "Visage" form. Even if they don't get the "Dracthyr customization options", I personally think they kind of look like shit anyways. The horns are kind of cool, but I'd happily sacrifice them to not be stuck as a human or blood elf (nothing against those two options, but I think a Dark Iron or a Nightborne might better suit the sort of "look" I would gravitate towards).

Also... If you make them ACTUAL, smaller dragons, you can literally just call them "Dragons". I think that sounds way, way, WAY cooler than "Dracthyr". I'm also not particularly keen on "Evoker" (I initially thought it was Invoker, which I thought sounded cooler), but that's whatever.
    This would just looking fucking stupid dude.

As bad as Blizzard is sometimes, I am really glad that MMOC OP's don't dictate what the game should look like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Voicing concerns doesnt work, other players just tell you to get over it or move on, look at the survival hunter thread on the WoW forums and the lazyness of Dark Ranger and you have all the usual dorks tell others to just get on with it as it wont change as there's no incentive for Blizz to change their lazyish designs.
    Blizzard absolutely does listen, they just don't agree with every shitty idea people throw at them.

The fact that we got Dark Ranger customization options in the first place just shows that they do listen. They just don't agree (just like the majority of the playerbase) with that stupid and absolutely false idea of Dark Rangers being more than regular undead elf hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    This would just looking fucking stupid dude.

As bad as Blizzard is sometimes, I am really glad that MMOC OP's don't dictate what the game should look like.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard absolutely does listen, they just don't agree with every shitty idea people throw at them.

The fact that we got Dark Ranger customization options in the first place just shows that they do listen. They just don't agree (just like the majority of the playerbase) with that stupid and absolutely false idea of Dark Rangers being more than regular undead elf hunters.
    In "Your" opinion, fixed that for you.

Just like my opinion is my own, but as exampled by this robert fellow, people will eat any old shit as long as it suits their agenda or "opinion".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Well, when every male in game looks like The Rock, if you do a model with Van Damme body-type, it would surely look very scrawny.
    Troll, Undead, Night Elf, Blood Elf, Gnome, Pandaren and Goblin males are built like the Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Did I miss something? When did 10.0 hit the PTR? Because ya'll talking about artwork that is, for all we know, place holders that were quickly done so that they could have something to show for the reveal.
    People always say this but in the end they end up going with what they teased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    I find funny people unreasonably losing their shit on MMOC over Drac'thyr (haters gonna hate) as Blizzard pretty much had to take some risks for Dragonflight or else WoW would never have a chance to recover after mediocre BFA and SL. So yeah, take it or leave it, there are so many other great games to play.
    Would it not be riskier to try and give people a proper dragon instead of whatever this is? As in, harder to implement, easier to fail at doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Instead of drachtyr we should just get drakonid

Instead of evoker we should just get dragownsworn
    i agree
    sadly however i honestly believe the current team is more focused on originality of their ideas instead of what exists in lore

7+ Year Old Account

WoW is dying.

No. The Dracthyr are just not bringing YOU back to WoW. They will bring back alot of people, I can guarantee you. They are super cute and awesome and we didn't even saw all their customizations yet.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Ok we get it you don't like Drakthyr do everyone a favour and MOVE ON!!

It's getting to the point your posts are just ad nauseam to read at this point and they add nothing constructive to the thread.

Personally me and my guildmates are very excited for our new Dragon class.
    I won't move on. I want to see changes. New cool, heroic nad WoW fitting model options are needed. This Soyshit that we have now is a fucking fursuit.

BTW what happened to putting me on ignore list.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    I won't move on. I want to see changes. New cool, heroic nad WoW fitting model options are needed. This Soyshit that we have now is a fucking fursuit.

BTW what happened to putting me on ignore list.
    Maybe you are just not the target audience for the new race? It's pretty much a girly race imo, and that's fine.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Maybe you are just not the target audience for the new race? It's pretty much a girly race imo, and that's fine.
    If true then it is failure in making. Who right in their mind would try to sell dragon race/class fantasy with girly looking character. That's counterintuitive. The kind of thing I would apply to people who want to sabotage their company profits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    If true then it is failure in making. Who right in their mind would try to sell dragon race/class fantasy with girly looking character. That's counterintuitive. The kind of thing I would apply to people who want to sabotage their company profits.
    Yeah, because it would be soooo awful to get in more female players.

Dracthyr are fine as they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, all the important good WoW dragon characters are either female or quite ... feminine looking (Kalecgos, Wrathion) anyways. Also there is the LGBTQ aspect of them too, which is also a win (you know, you will be able to switch your visage form between genders for free and there is no clear "gendered form" for the drakes themself).
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-06-16 at 11:42 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I disagree. The only thing giving me any interest in this expansion at all is the class. It helps that they seem to be repenting from some of their BFA and SL mistakes and going back to MoP for inspiration, but that alone is just empty words until proven differently—as is the case with modern Blizzard.

They are making some mistakes with Dracthyr - Visage form shouldn't exist or at least be "necessary", they should be able to display gear on the model, and they should have a tank spec. Beyond that, I believe what they have shown has a decent bit of potential and wouldn't play at all without it. Should it turn out to be bad, then my stay shall be all the shorter.

In short, please don't put words in other people's mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, because it would be soooo awful to get in more female players.

Dracthyr are fine as they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, all the important good WoW dragon characters are either female or quite ... feminine looking (Kalecgos, Wrathion) anyways. Also there is the LGBTQ aspect of them too, which is also a win (you know, you will be able to switch your visage form between genders for free and there is no clear "gendered form" for the drakes themself).
    It would be awful to antagonize male players by denying them heroic dragon class/race. If there is a race that should look menacing then it is dragon related one.

They are beyond fucked up right now.

Mate, no, just no.