Thread: Red Eyes

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red Eyes

Silvanas eyes turns from red to blue when the two fragments of her soul are reunited, it also goes to show that her "good side" is in control now, but she is not the only one with red eyes, nathanos and the dark rangers also have their eyes red and last i checked they were not killed by frostmoune, so their souls are complete. They have red eyes because they are the special type of undead that have their body in perfect shape, but what does the red eyes mean for them now considering what happened with Silvanas??.
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2022-06-16 at 06:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It means nothing dude.

1+ Year Old Account
    Just aesthetics bro

Albino rabbits have red eyes too. Does that mean they are the spawn of death magic and witchcraft?

Here's a hint: Yes. Yes, it does. They must be hunted down and burned at the stake. Please, for the love of god, do it before they murder us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodidop View Post
    Just aesthetics bro
    i has to mean something now they made lore out of it.

You're asking Blizzard questions they aren't even asking themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    i has to mean something now they made lore out of it.
    Red eyes generally are a sign of corruption (e.g. orcs). It likely just means that Sylvanas has severed her connection to the force that is corrupting her. Without further information, we can't really determine what specifically caused red eyes for the others or what would change them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Red eyes generally are a sign of corruption (e.g. orcs). It likely just means that Sylvanas has severed her connection to the force that is corrupting her. Without further information, we can't really determine what specifically caused red eyes for the others or what would change them.
    This is the most likely one, but for now, it is just storytelling aesthetics
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I get red eyes too when I stay up all night.
    ...and yea. I do feel evil in those moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Glowing red eyes has kind of always been Warcraft's aesthetic sign of advanced or severe corruption/evil, indicating a being whose essential alignment was skewed toward that end. Sylvanas' eyes turning blue is an indication that she's regained some aspect of her previous humanity, and that the corruption of becoming a Scourge banshee has been resolved to some degree. I don't think it's a strong lore-related lever, so to speak, but more just a way to indicate that something in her essential nature has been dramatically shifted.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I get red eyes too when I stay up all night.
    ...and yea. I do feel evil in those moments.
    Hahaha! Evil things like what?
    I once had two little rats they had evil red eyes. Later I found out that the reason they had those eyes was a genetic alteration.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-06-16 at 11:40 AM.

it also goes to show that her "good side" is in control now
    No. There is no good side. There's also no evil side. It's just a stasis version of the same soul, that forced Sylvanas to rethink what she did from the perspective of her old self.

It is entirely possible there are other reasons for having red eyes. Nathanos can easily have red eyes for another reason than Sylvanas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because blizzard thought they needed a cosmetic change to reflect that Sylvanas was not the same anymore

Nothing more
    Nothing less
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Albino rabbits have red eyes too. Does that mean they are the spawn of death magic and witchcraft?

Here's a hint: Yes. Yes, it does. They must be hunted down and burned at the stake. Please, for the love of god, do it before they murder us.
    Fear the spawn of Carbannog.

(except my own rabbit, cutest thing ever - when he's not soiling his snow white fluff by blowing ubbles in random rain puddles anyhow)
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Silvanas eyes turns from red to blue when the two fragments of her soul are reunited, it also goes to show that her "good side" is in control now
    It's not a matter of "good side and bad side" but now she has her conscience and full range of emotions back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Glowing red eyes has kind of always been Warcraft's aesthetic sign of advanced or severe corruption/evil, indicating a being whose essential alignment was skewed toward that end.
    Not just Warcraft, but with basically anything in media. Red eyes is bad/evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Hahaha! Evil things like what? I once had two little rats they had evil red eyes. Later I found out that the reason they had those eyes was a genetic alteration.
    Hmm..."Mom, dad? Can we talk?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Not just Warcraft, but with basically anything in media. Red eyes is bad/evil.
    Bumblebee, (Transformer) his eyes turned red when he lost his temper.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmm..."Mom, dad? Can we talk?"

- - - Updated - - -

Bumblebee, (Transformer) his eyes turned red when he lost his temper.
    In Beast Wars quite a few characters had red eyes, could signify a more animalistic representation of their psyche.
    I think with anything though X doesn't mean anything particular until a lack of X or a state of not X is also present until such occurs it's more of an aesthetic choice done by the artist.

Silvanas eyes turns from red to blue when the two fragments of her soul are reunited, it also goes to show that her "good side" is in control now, but she is not the only one with red eyes, nathanos and the dark rangers also have their eyes red and last i checked they were not killed by frostmoune, so their souls are complete. They have red eyes because they are the special type of undead that have their body in perfect shape, but what does the red eyes mean for them now considering what happened with Silvanas??.
    There is no "good side" and no "control" as that's headcanon to state otherwise. As far as anything that we've been shown, already is that merging the souls only makes you complete and that neither is good or bad inherently.

The realistic answer is that blizzard didn't even consider the ramifications of the change before moving forward with it — but that doesn't mean there won't be an explanation, at some point, so it can't hurt to throw a little bit of speculation into the discussion until then.

As of this moment the Forsaken have presented with three different eye colors: Yellow, Blue, Red. The onus is on us to postulate the reasons why.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    The realistic answer is that blizzard didn't even consider the ramifications of the change before moving forward with it — but that doesn't mean there won't be an explanation, at some point, so it can't hurt to throw a little bit of speculation into the discussion until then.

As of this moment the Forsaken have presented with three different eye colors: Yellow, Blue, Red. The onus is on us to postulate the reasons why.
    The answer is really simple: It's magical.

And the color has nothing to do with morality but just different flavors of magic: Yellow is holy or chaos. Blue-green is necromantic. White is arcane. Purple is shadow. Green is fel or nature. Red is pain. That's how they designed Revendreth.... Red, vengeance, blood, vampirism, etc.