Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Overwatch 2 Reveal Event and Junker Queen Origin Story

Overwatch 2 Reveal Event and Junker Queen Origin Story
    Blizzard revealed more about Overwatch 2 today, as well as the Junker Queen origin story.

JUNKER QUEEN and the second thing most talked about BATTLE PASS

They said that they are getting rid of loot boxes.

Does anyone know if this means that you can only get skins by buying them in the store, or will we be able to earn them through playing as well?
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post

Does anyone know if this means that you can only get skins by buying them in the store, or will we be able to earn them through playing as well?
    Possibly a hots like store system. I wouldn't hold my breath for it being particularly player friendly.

> no PVE until well into 2023
    > battle passes

why the fuck should I be excited for this?
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-06-16 at 05:51 PM.

Will it support MacOS?

Did they say anything about whether or not participants in the last OW2 beta will already be in the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post

they said they are not going to rely that much on loot boxes and they are adding the Battle pass...I've never bought a loot box and i have all my collectibles but now some are locked behind battle pass so u now are obligated to buy the pass annnnnnnnnndddddd probably some events are locked behind battle pass too...GREED IS COMING MY FRIEND!! GREED...IS COMING...

So with PVE being delayed even further... why is this a standalone game and not a patch again?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Given Diablo Immoral, I feel like this Battle Pass and store system is going to be monetized to hell and back.

I love the lore of Overwatch, I love the characters. But, I hate over monetized games. I know businesses have to make money, but there are honest ways to make money and crappy ways to make money.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Battlepass. Rip. The game had a good run.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds cool. I wish they would use a "free to play with payed battle pass" system for WoW too. Would be cool to get a bunch of cosmetics as loyality rewards every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So with PVE being delayed even further... why is this a standalone game and not a patch again?
    New graphics engine is the only non-patchable reason. It may as well be a patch considering it is free.

PvE in 2023??
    Wasn't it supposed to be the 'main thing' in OW2... and now they say it will be available in ~1 year?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    PvE in 2023??
    Wasn't it supposed to be the 'main thing' in OW2... and now they say it will be available in ~1 year?
    Guess they were too busy expanding the F2P store.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Given Diablo Immoral, I feel like this Battle Pass and store system is going to be monetized to hell and back.

I love the lore of Overwatch, I love the characters. But, I hate over monetized games. I know businesses have to make money, but there are honest ways to make money and crappy ways to make money.
    This is spot on. Their way of making money has just gradually been getting worse and worse.

What Blizzard is turning in to (or already has become?) makes me feel sorta sad. I mean I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but it's just sort of disappointing I guess seeing as I spent a lot of time playing their games. It gives me little hope for Diablo 4 and anything else coming in the future.

I hope the junker queen isn't a sign of characters to come, she's got to be the most generic character they've done so far. One of the strengths of OW is its relatively original with its characters. Junker Queen is just a Jinx and/or Borderlands ripoff, both of which are straight up Tank Girl ripoffs.
    First character that just seems boring like they didn't try to give her a real backstory.

So, they made OW2 instead of an OW1 content patch because it has a huge coop campaign. Then they release the game without a PVE mode for at least 3 months, realistically more like 6-9 months?

At least it's f2p (afaik, I haven't looked into OW2 monetization), but there's no reason to play/download OW2 if you don't play OW1, is there?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that most of the new features are being store stuff. Blizzard needs more money... A store isn't something to gloat about, its an obvious predatory manipulation tool to promote FOMO. Same goes with Battle Pass, stop this shit Blizzard please.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-06-16 at 08:10 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Twitter lighting this announcement up like an effigy. great job blizz, couldn't just release the whole game in mid-late 2023 to some sort of hype.