Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas end was in ICC, his story ended there, nothing more to be said. Everyone knew we wouldn't be seeing more of him.

Thank god his little cameo in the Sepulcher was small, anything bigger would have ruined it. Just an echo of him was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd say he was very much dead/undead when he ripped off his own heart.
    Yes, he's definitely undead by the point he can survive without a heart, but I'm not sure he ever died before that point in time. Most people seem to go living -> dead -> undead, but Arthas seems relatively unique in that he appears to go from living -> undead.

Yeah, the cheesy line "Is it over?" destroyed it for me.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Feels like they'd rather beat a dead horse than take a chance on something new at this point. That and scared of shitshows like WoD/circlejerking more demons and old gods at this point.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I wish they did something with Arthas and Mal'ganis in the raid.
    "We're going to finish this right here, Mal'ganis! Just you... and me."
    "Brave words..."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes the villain needs to get a villain's death rather then a hero's send off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    You mean a key character in a pivotal plot point that drove the primary story arc shouldn't have been just a fart in the wind?
    They could have at least given us a cheesy cutscene of Anduin breaking Arthas' hold on him, since a fragment of his soul was in the sword and, from my understanding, the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of domination (more than force ghost dads putting their hands on his shoulder).
    If his soul was so relevant... prove it.
    Because to me, it looked like a terribly cheap plot device for nothing but shock and awe at the cost of using and abusing one of WoW's most notable villains whose end came like 12ish years ago.
    i would have loved if at some point Anduin talks to Sylvanas only to reveal that is Arthas possesing his body.

I didn't mind the ending, except that I don't like how Uther didn't say much, and Jaina didn't say anything, while Sylv takes over and makes it all about her.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    How does the Jailer have Varian’s sword? Varian dies fighting Gul’dan at the beginning of Legion.
    Anduin went back and picked it up later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THSowKTA61Q

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I didn't mind the ending, except that I don't like how Uther didn't say much, and Jaina didn't say anything, while Sylv takes over and makes it all about her.

Anduin went back and picked it up later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THSowKTA61Q
    I just simply lost interest, because the whole expansion is about her. Before I had neutral feelings to this character but now I simply hate her.

Arthas story was over, they should have never tried to shoehorn him in. Yes he is a tragic figure, but his send off was a whole expansion dedicated to his antics. We know the story, Arthas did nothing wrong, but the LK is a dick, roll credits.

Honestly the biggest plothole here is why would the Jailor not do something more useful than put his soul into shamalayne, if he had it. Arthas already over came nerzhul, and nerzhul was in the exact position the jailer put Arthas. Why would he think it would work out differently.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2022-06-16 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    But you forget one key thing they f'ed up while coming up with the janitor. Arthas resisted the janitors plans while he was in control of the Scourge. That is the reason why Sylvanas was "given" free will to be a obedient pawn.
    Oh you misunderstand. The Jailer knew that Arthas is the edge lord so he bid him to do exact the opposite what he wanted because he knew that Arthas will resist his plans. So ultimately Arthas did what the Jailer wanted exactly because he did not do what he wanted.

7+ Year Old Account
    They could have made it a big deal if they wanted to, but I guess in some ways it was fitting.

Cuz who even is he anymore? A human prince turned evil knight, and I forget the order but he loses his heart in the fight with Illidan and then has to fuse with Ner’zhul once the Frozen Throne cracks.

Also in the after-Anduin cinematic, I don’t understand about Kingsmourne, that wasn’t a blade we ever fought before, right? I don’t understand why they say the blade was forged with valor and honor.

Actually so it’s also not clear to me why Arthas’ soul is in Kingsmourne at all.

1- he did not lose his heart in the fight to illidan, he felt it was making him weak, his last bit of humanity, so he removed it, illidan didnt even hit him.

2- he fused with nerzhul BEFORE losing his heart, he did so because the helm was losing its powers because illidan had nearly destroyed northrend, but was stopped by his idiot brother

3- kingsmourne is literally shalamane but infused with a soul gem, that being arthas' soul gem, did you like not watch any cinematics before this? and did you stop watching the cinematic the second before anduin splits the blade in half into shalamanes two split?

4- to act as the binding soul, like how nerzhul acted as the binding soul for arthas, arthas now acts as the binding soul for anduin, the gem in the blade, and the collar around his neck acting as frostmourne and the helm that arthas wore.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn’t disagree more, I lived the Uther / Kyrian questline.

Now….Arthas never actually died did he? He def appears undead. I’ve played most Bluzz products except Frozen Throne, so I don’t know how the melding went down.

How does the Jailer have Varian’s sword? Varian dies fighting Gul’dan at the beginning of Legion.

IMO the biggest lore flub in Shadowlands is fddghhc ing Pelagos as the Arbiter, which I just despise and he looks so stupid.
    Anduin took the sword mid legion and has had it since then, anduin had it when the jailer captured him.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-06-16 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Blizzard doesn't like keeping dead people dead.

He will be back again when needed.

Yah, lore jumped the shark with the line, "I must be forgotten" and then shortly after in Cataclysm we have Onyxia and Nefarian back despite hanging their heads from the rafters of Stormwind / put on a pike in Orgrimmar.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

They could have made it a big deal if they wanted to, but I guess in some ways it was fitting.

Cuz who even is he anymore? A human prince turned evil knight, and I forget the order but he loses his heart in the fight with Illidan and then has to fuse with Ner’zhul once the Frozen Throne cracks.

Also in the after-Anduin cinematic, I don’t understand about Kingsmourne, that wasn’t a blade we ever fought before, right? I don’t understand why they say the blade was forged with valor and honor.

Actually so it’s also not clear to me why Arthas’ soul is in Kingsmourne at all.
    I thought Arthas was always meh. A lot of people thought he was a meme after WotLK but then somehow he became popular again?
    The guy literally lost at every turn, and when he won it was only because of others.

If he was actually competent he would still be a less interesting version of Anaking Skywalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

You are not fit to discuss about this topic tbh.

Because you are completely clueless about warcraft lore.

I miss pre-Legion wow they destroyed both gameplay with Legion and lore with WOD+ alternate universes and stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1- he did not lose his heart in the fight to illidan, he felt it was making him weak, his last bit of humanity, so he removed it, illidan didnt even hit him.

2- he fused with nerzhul BEFORE losing his heart, he did so because the helm was losing its powers because illidan had nearly destroyed northrend, but was stopped by his idiot brother

3- kingsmourne is literally shalamane but infused with a soul gem, that being arthas' soul gem, did you like not watch any cinematics before this? and did you stop watching the cinematic the second before anduin splits the blade in half into shalamanes two split?

4- to act as the binding soul, like how nerzhul acted as the binding soul for arthas, arthas now acts as the binding soul for anduin, the gem in the blade, and the collar around his neck acting as frostmourne and the helm that arthas wore.

- - - Updated - - -

Anduin took the sword mid legion and has had it since then, anduin had it when the jailer captured him.
    Arthas got rid of ner'zhul kingsmourne isn't shalamane, because they forged kingsmourne in torghast, they literally say this in-game https://youtu.be/8b3ooasvfj4?t=74 You are making the binding stuff up to fit your narrative and somehow try to salvage this expansions terrible storytelling and its pathetic. The sword isn't the Helm of domination. Ner'zhul wasn't a binding for Arthas.

It was the only thing they could have done.
    Arthas was evil and never repented. Also by choice albeit manipulated a bit.

He met his end in WOTLK. Everything that happend in SL was not for/about him. It was about Uther, Sylvannas and Anduin mostly in regards to him.
    His story WAS finished. Theirs not. Slyvannas never got real closure. Uther neither which let to his downfall and repent in his afterlive. Anduin saw the paralles between him and Arthas which is still a story to come.

Anything they could have done with Arthas would have muddied the original story. This way they showed that he is gone gone. No way to make his story worse by resurrecting him or some bullshit.

The "fart in the wind" was the only and right thing they could have done with him. There was NO reason to give him a redemption arc or anything. He could have got one. But Uther meddled with his sole and by throwing him to the jailor sealed his fate.

And Sylvannas "forgotten" speach was also right. Arthas was the ultimate evil for azeroth. Everyone knows the lich king and what he did to the world. The other big bads mostly are only known by the heroes. In the eyes of every character of horde and alliance... he was evil through and through and did more damage than 500 sylvvans could ever do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    Arthas got rid of ner'zhul kingsmourne isn't shalamane, because they forged kingsmourne in torghast, they literally say this in-game https://youtu.be/8b3ooasvfj4?t=74 You are making the binding stuff up to fit your narrative and somehow try to salvage this expansions terrible storytelling and its pathetic. The sword isn't the Helm of domination. Ner'zhul wasn't a binding for Arthas.
    Nop he is right. That is literally what happend.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Shalamayne#Kingsmourne

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    1- not entirely, we still see nerzhul all the way till the very end of arthas, he thought he took control, but nerzhul simply played him like a fucking fiddle. we see influence of nerzhul many times after.

2- it literally is forged in torghast using shalamane, which they took from anduin... in torghast...

3- your horrible attempt "is pathetic", the fact you tout about the lore being awful and shit and yet you don't even know it.
    The sword and the collar were how the jailer took control of Anduin, just like how arthas was taken by the blade and the helmet.
    like did you even fucking watch the anduin cinematic in the raid? where he rips kingsmourne in half into the two halves of shalamane?
    like holy shit mate, check your ego at the door if you wanna complain about the lore being dogshit, maybe its cause you don't even know the lore.

Like come on dude its literally in the cinematic.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-06-18 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

arthas having just a cameo was fine, but how it was done was awful and garbage. Usual BS of Danuser forcing his waifu into everything, Jaina/Uther should have gotten the last word to what was left of Arthas, not Sylvanus and her dumb speech making it all about her. Disrespectful to the character as well. But then what to expect from the people who gave us the lore that is BFA and SL.