Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    What is the preorder bonus going to be? Now that we know it isn't Dark Rangers.
    I guess Evoker early access and the usual cosmetic things (pet, mount, transmog).

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Don't worry. This is from the same person that claims that "GW2 Perfected flight" when he got proven wrong time and again. Don't take it to seriously.
    Great to see that others put you in place because you tried to make a nonsensical argument personal and it backfired.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    For other expansions, yes. But WoD definitely had nostalgia. The entire nonsensical plot was nothing but an excuse to build a what-if machine nodding to WCII and TBC via Outland.

Headcanon much? You do realize that the word lore continued into other expansions right? Or sid you miss that?

For other expansions, yes. But WoD definitely had nostalgia. The entire nonsensical plot was nothing but an excuse to build a what-if machine nodding to WCII and TBC via Outland.
    Is this even in question?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I guess Evoker early access
    They'll be in the prepatch so I don't think we need to preorder to have them in early access

Anyone that looks at WoD and goes "nope, not a nostalgia based expansion, no siree" is being willfully obtuse.

The expansion was intended for two things - Nostalgia and a way to bring Gul'dan back to lead to future events.

10+ Year Old Account
    And to cross-promote the WoW movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Anyone that looks at WoD and goes "nope, not a nostalgia based expansion, no siree" is being willfully obtuse.

The expansion was intended for two things - Nostalgia and a way to bring Gul'dan back to lead to future events.
    Exactly. And people who are cringe enough to claim it was only for nostalgia and nothing else are just being willfully ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    there are 2965 pages...To many comments. I readed that the model encrypted associated to the preorder used "vulpera skeleton" so... expect something small :s
    Thats part of the deluxe edition/ultimate edition rewards, it's the pet.

Usually we get something that you can unlock instantly after buying: for BFA it was Allied Races and for SL it was new Death Knight races. Currently there doesn't seem to be something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Headcanon much? You do realize that the word lore continued into other expansions right? Or sid you miss that?
    What part of that is headcanon to you? The intro cinematic literally repeats of the most popular scenes from Reign of Chaos. They de-aged Khadgar just to throw him into the plot and harken back to WC2. The whole thing is dripping with "hey remember this thing from WarCraft past?" moments.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The plot made perfect sense and had as much as any other plot in Warcraft. A Bronze dragon opened up a time way with the help of an artifact. The time way was connected to ours and the Iron Horde was created in order to conquer the main time line. Things didn't go as planned and the Legion co-opted it to kick off their own invasion of Azeroth. Sure it allowed a connection to nostalgia but so did TBC and WotLK. That isn't a bad thing.
    Missing the part where the dragon who came out of no where thought it would be a good idea to let a war criminal go free and gather a bunch of aliens who tried to conquer the same planet before to help them defeat the Legion. So I'll stick with nonsensical, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Evidently to some it is

Missing the part where the dragon who came out of no where thought it would be a good idea to let a war criminal go free and gather a bunch of aliens who tried to conquer the same planet before to help them defeat the Legion. So I'll stick with nonsensical, thanks.
    The dragon with time powers who didn't suspect he'd get shanked by said war criminal.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Nonsensical it was not. It made sense but I suppose some people chose to not understand it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The plot made perfect sense and had as much as any other plot in Warcraft. A Bronze dragon opened up a time way with the help of an artifact. The time way was connected to ours and the Iron Horde was created in order to conquer the main time line. Things didn't go as planned and the Legion co-opted it to kick off their own invasion of Azeroth. Sure it allowed a connection to nostalgia but so did TBC and WotLK. That isn't a bad thing.
    i see we are now at a point where we are defending WoDs "story" lmao, the very thing that was universally hated by literally everyone back in the day
    this fandom is truly broken
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    They'll be in the prepatch so I don't think we need to preorder to have them in early access
    Yeah but unless you preorder I don't think you'll have access to them until launch. Same way with Demon Hunters if I remember correctly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Most likely first week of pre-patch will be just class changes and playing around with new talents, then 2 weeks of pre-patch event - some catch up stuff in Badlands and Evoker starting zone. Technically early access, you will catch up to rest if you plan to main Evoker.

WoW expansion never had typical pre-order bonuses, because these vanish when game releases. In WoW you just get some parts of expansion content before main launch (DH, 4 Allied Races, DKs for Allied Races, Evoker).

15+ Year Old Account
    I did say say a bronze dragon. He also didn't come out of nowhere as he was the one that helped us investigate the Timeless Isle in MoP and we helped to power up his artifact. They did show the trial and his involvement "off screen" in a book. He let Garrosh go as a way to have a connection and introduce the "iron" weapons. It was no more nonsensical then anything else in WoW. The difference is you are purposefully trying to find ways to make it sound more nonsensical while not applying the same treatment to every other story in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    i see we are now at a point where we are defending WoDs "story" lmao, the very thing that was universally hated by literally everyone back in the day. this fandom is truly broken
    It wasn't universally hated. It wasn't even a bad story. The entire thing gets memed because of the time travel aspect and people not being able to understand it. It is no worse then any other story.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I miss when this thread could discuss actual upcoming content in a practical sense rather than in a philosophical sense because this content cycle is now more than 6 months behind schedule.

It wasn't universally hated. It wasn't even a bad story. The entire thing gets memed because of the time travel aspect and people not being able to understand it. It is no worse then any other story.
    "Draenor is free!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I miss when this thread could discuss actual upcoming content in a practical sense rather than in a philosophical sense because this content cycle is now more than 6 months behind schedule.
    It has nothing to do with Blizzard being behind schedule. It just has to do with information being released about the expansion. Threads that are more chat rooms then threads always lose focus when there is nothing on-topic to discuss.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    When you stop with this "oh we are 6 months behind we should have everything by now"? During 10.0 launch you will expect 10.1 released and 10.2 revealed already?

Things were delayed. It's not first time in history things were delayed. They won't speed things up and launch Dragonflight 6 months before current plan.

The lack of information on the Dracthyr has everything to do with the work in rehauling them or adding more customization to them. So if you complained about them on social media, and are wondering where that blogpost is... there you go.

I would expect a whole new body shape for the dragons, and/or a new body type for the visage forms. Or they are adding very very very barebones visage forms (horns and eyes) for the other races which would still take ages to do. (Imagine being the artist who is forced to add dragon horns to gnomes and goblins because a couple lore nerds SCREAMED about how necessary it is for their fantasy)