Page 54 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Random though but as nice as it was to get Williams for the theme, the lack of traditional themes with old character in this show is really noticeable and frankly bewildering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post

And one of the more annoying things to me is when they make their characters accidentally stumble onto the next plot point. Make the dude carry all the things in his hands so that he can drop the important thing. Make the bad guy notice a random thing is on the ground, which would likely be completely meaningless to them, but they decide to play with it anyway and then find out extremely secret / sensitive plot points. "Must have been very difficult for her to find out that information?" "Nope, super easy, barely an inconvenience."
    Yeah the macguffins are kind of obvious and overused. The communicator plot point is legit unforgiveable.
    Last edited by Tyris Flare; 2022-06-16 at 05:50 PM.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Because they're not interested in accurate representation of tactics. They're only interested in the visuals. That's why there's so little cover - they want you to actually, you know, SEE actors

This is film, and so what matters first and foremost is the cinematic experience. Realism isn't irrelevant to that, but it usually takes a backseat to aesthetics. That's why you have such dramatic juxtapositions: good guys on one side, bad guys on the other, slowly advancing etc. Doesn't matter if that's a smart way of assaulting a fortified position (or defending one), that's not the point or purpose here.
    I mean, you're not wrong, but you can still see where other movies have performed similar attacks while doing a much better job in the representation. The scene at the end of Serenity where the crew is holed up waiting for the incoming reaver barrage comes to mind. So while I'll agree in the spirit of what you are saying, I'll also say it's very lazy writing/directing.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you're not wrong, but you can still see where other movies have performed similar attacks while doing a much better job in the representation. The scene at the end of Serenity where the crew is holed up waiting for the incoming reaver barrage comes to mind. So while I'll agree in the spirit of what you are saying, I'll also say it's very lazy writing/directing.
    This is the way.

RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Of course, aesthetics are debatable. Not every creative vision works, or even turns out the way it was originally conceived. I'd hesitate to call this "lazy", though. They had plenty going on. To suggest that with a pretty large battle and elaborate sets someone went "you know what I can't be bothered just crash them all into each other or something whatever I don't know" seems more than a little superficial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I mean does it matter where/how she was stabbed.. people have be cut in 2 in survived in the SW universe, survived being blasted in space, and flying back to a ship.
    It does matter but not for the reasons people are complaining about. It's funny, telling, that the complaints are completely missing the storytelling that took place in that scene.

Vader purposely recreated the the scene of Order 66. Vader, loving his jokes, stabbed her in the same spot.

The crowd complaining likely missed didn't appreciate Vader's joke in Rogue One, how he dangles a guy on the ceiling during the hallway scene, the numerous one-liners throughout the OT or even as Anakin.

Anakin/Vader is is subtly one for drama and theatrics. It's been a part of his character from the beginning - purposely in contrast to his brutal. Anakin still exists under the mask even in a horrific way.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Vader purposely recreated the the scene of Order 66. Vader, loving his jokes, stabbed her in the same spot.
    That's rich to assume Anakin remembered a little girl out of hundred he killed and connected the dots to Reva.

What we saw were HER memories. She experienced Anakin again. PTSD. But this time he actually stabbed her.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's rich to assume Anakin remembered a little girl out of hundred he killed and connected the dots to Reva.
    So when a character literally says he remembers, that's an "assumption" on everyone's part now?

You people really do love redefining words around here.

10+ Year Old Account

Reva's backstory and motivation are a little nonsensical to me.
    Its the standard 'blinded by vengeance' trope. It exists in many stories, you can even see it mirrored in real life. Someone is hurt/wronged and falls through the cracks. The go on a one-way path of revenge against those who hurt/the believe hurt them. Often paired with a irrational mindset/course of action that could be fixed if they pause for a moment. Maybe they don't want to, though.

I think the only part of her character that I didn't care for but I can get over is that Vader presumably knew of her of her origins (that in itself isn't the problem, it's similar to the othet Inquisitors) and allowed her to get close enough to the GI to almost kill him...they just kind of lucked out that her blow against the GI wasn't fatal.

Using her as bait and all that makes sense if Obi was always the end game.

- - - Updated - - -

What we saw were HER memories. She experienced Anakin again. PTSD. But this time he actually stabbed her.
    He acknowledged her...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly sure I recall him stating that he remembers her as a youngling.

Now I have to go back and find the timestamp since youtube videos i've found only capture the fight, and not the dialog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    So when a character literally says he remembers, that's an "assumption" on everyone's part now?

You people really do love redefining words around here.
    The character literally didn't say he remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

He acknowledged her...

You are just inferring a lot from "youngling". Most (and I say most because I cannot claim ALL with 100% certainty) inquisitors were younglings. And they certainly found Reva in the gutter with the dead bodies among which she was hiding.
    To which GI was referring.
    It is rich to assume Vader remembered her the same way SHE remembered him. She was just "another youngling" he swinged a lightsaber at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Fairly sure I recall him stating that he remembers her as a youngling.

Now I have to go back and find the timestamp since youtube videos i've found only capture the fight, and not the dialog.
    No, he just said "Did you really believe I didn't see it, youngling?" obviously referring to her betrayal.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the scene.

[Vader wins the duel, and thrusts his saber into Reva's chest.]

[Flashback scenes from when Reva was a youngling in the temple.]

Timestamp: 32:43 "Did you really believe I did not see it, youngling?"

"You, are of no further use"

[Enter Grand Inquisitor and storm troopers]

The combination of the flashbacks, followed by Vader calling her "younglind" implies that he is well aware of who she was/is.

Following that moment, the Grand Inquisitor says:

"Hello, Third Sister"
    "Revenge does wonder for the will to live, don't you think?
    "Your rage was useful, Now it is tiring"

This part could be seen in two ways. That the GI is talking about himself since this is the reveal that he survived. But also can be seen as him talking about Reva's rage and thirst for revenge.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2022-06-16 at 08:27 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To you? Never.

"Approximately 10-20% of patients who have sustained a spinal cord injury do not survive to reach acute hospitalization, whereas about 3% of patients die during acute hospitalization.

Originally the leading cause of death in patients with spinal cord injury who survived their initial injury was renal failure, but, currently, the leading causes of death are pneumonia, pulmonary embolism, or septicemia. Heart disease, [18, 19] subsequent trauma, suicide, and alcohol-related deaths are also major causes of death in these patients"

It says what I say. Cannot read futher.

Fennec was shot in the gut, Cobb was shot in the chest, Grand Inquisitor was stabbed in the gut, Reva was stabbed in the heart. All different injuries. Keep up!

That guy was crushed below hip. He got a better deal than Maul. Completely irrelevant case, because, you know, hip is where the spine ends.

You do know the heart isn't in front of the spinal cord right?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You do know the heart isn't in front of the spinal cord right?
    You do know there's google?

The character literally didn't say he remembers.
    He literally did. There's even a shared flashback as they both recall the moment, and then he proceeds to stab her in exactly the same way.

Your inability to understand the scene does, however, match up with pretty much all the other garbage you've been spewing about exploding spines (still LOLing at that one by the way) and not knowing where a heart is located. So yeah, this checks out perfectly well.

But of course, you're the only one saying it and everyone else is telling you're wrong, so ergo, you MUST be right. Right? Riiiiiight....

10+ Year Old Account

He made that clear when he called her "youngling".
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    He literally did.
    Oooooo-kaaaaaaaay

10+ Year Old Account
    it's slightly to the left a hit to the center of the heart will miss the spinal cord.

10+ Year Old Account
    He made that clear when he called her "youngling".
    That just means he knows the source of inquisitors, and why she betrayed him. He didn't see any memory flashes. She did.

- - - Updated - - -

it's slightly to the left a hit to the center of the heart will miss the spinal cord.
    Come on. Seriously. You don't need to hit the geometric center of the heart to hit the heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    That image isn't "exactly" correct. A portion of the heart is in the center of the chest, but most of it is a bit to the left.

That said, a laser sword through the center is sure to hit part of the heart, and the heat alone would basically destroy anything around the "blade" of the saber, which includes the rest of the heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on. Seriously. You don't need to hit the geometric center of the heart to hit the heart.
    You said a hit to the heart HAD to severe the spine too. That isn't true.