Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My best argument for being town is that if I was scum, I would have left Lemon alive, killed Graeham, and pointed a finger at you as soon as day began, and hoped Lemon voted with me against you. I would bet on Lemon being more sympathetic to me because we have played together for a few years, voting against someone she isn't very familiar with.

If I were scum, killing you, and leaving Graeham and Lemon alive would be very dangerous as Graeham is smart. His predisposition towards me cannot be counted on. He probably would not believe that Lemon would have killed Mazer as scum, which would leave me as the last scum in his eyes. He could just as easily get Lemon to follow him against me.

So that just leaves the current situation of Lemon dying, and Mazer, Graeham, and I being the last ones alive. I'm not as good at investigating posts and articulating arguments as you, which would make me afraid of the other town player (in this case, Graeham) siding with you against me, so engaging in a debate would be a losing proposition from my perspective. If I were scum, trying to pull a fast one on you with Lemon would be preferable to trying to convince you and/or Graeham.

Also, if I was scum, I probably would have voted one of my scumbuddies early so that if they were lynched, I would have a record as being an early voter on a scum.

My style certainly isn't everybody's cup of tea but generally I just sort of react to stuff as it happens. I propose theories that might seem a little out there at times but it mostly comes from the direction of me being absolutely terrible of keeping tack of who voted which player and when. I much prefer poking at things to see what happens - if anything and it's certainly had varying results during the games that I played.

Generally speaking, regardless of alignment Val usually ends up getting lynched in the early to mid game. Foxxi's subdued reaction to being lynched and lack of a direct fight can certainly be attributed to Foxxi being distracted...but even if there was no grand plan at play I can't shake the feeling that Foxxi would be more likely to go quietly if she could rely on Mazer rather than either Val or myself.

I wish I could explain that better but ultimately, I keep coming back to a weird combination of 'gut feel' and an acknowledgement that today is likely to be little more than a shot in the dark.

If nothing else, I'm going to be bold and fall back on Lora's final words. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't? Well, so be it. When it comes down to it, I can't trust myself not to be sweet talked into favouring either one of you and I don't want to go to bed only to wake up and find that a vote on me first and the game ended.

Vote: Mazer

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    My style certainly isn't everybody's cup of tea but generally I just sort of react to stuff as it happens. I propose theories that might seem a little out there at times but it mostly comes from the direction of me being absolutely terrible of keeping tack of who voted which player and when. I much prefer poking at things to see what happens - if anything and it's certainly had varying results during the games that I played.

Generally speaking, regardless of alignment Val usually ends up getting lynched in the early to mid game. Foxxi's subdued reaction to being lynched and lack of a direct fight can certainly be attributed to Foxxi being distracted...but even if there was no grand plan at play I can't shake the feeling that Foxxi would be more likely to go quietly if she could rely on Mazer rather than either Val or myself.

I wish I could explain that better but ultimately, I keep coming back to a weird combination of 'gut feel' and an acknowledgement that today is likely to be little more than a shot in the dark.

If nothing else, I'm going to be bold and fall back on Lora's final words. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't? Well, so be it. When it comes down to it, I can't trust myself not to be sweet talked into favouring either one of you and I don't want to go to bed only to wake up and find that a vote on me first and the game ended.

Vote: Mazer
    Grae, honestly can't get how you're criticizing me for not following Lora, and then using Lora's final words as your justification.

I guess if you're done talking it out, I'll know if it was you or Val based on how fast a hammer comes in.

First ounce of pressure on a vote feels like an immediate retribution bounvmce back based on 'gut' and no acknowledgement of my points.

If you guys are just "we vote together" I guess it's whatever.

I'm half tempted to just vote myself and be fucking done with it

@Mazer23 which one of us do you think is more likely to be the last scum, and why?

The simple fact that Val did not simply swoop in and end the game says it all, really. Val's town. By process of elimination...that mean's Mazer is the last mafian.

Honestly, leaving LDG alive would have been the better play for Mazer - unless it was mandatory to submit a night kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    @Mazer23 which one of us do you think is more likely to be the last scum, and why?
    Honest to the ghost of Merlin, up to this point I thought it was you.

But that obviously isn't the case anymore.

Grae talked a lot of stuff about waiting last round, and now it seems like as he's cone out with the "I don't want this to end while I'm in bed".

Keep in mind this after he was the first to say let's talk it out.

Have I made mistakes this game? Yes. But I think I've also bee. Consistent and very transparent about my logic at each point.

Grae was questioning whether Lora was acumen before (and longer than anyone), but still questions why I didn't sheep him the whole game.

If you didn't make the LDG kill, I don't get it. I wish I had fought harder against waiting yesterday, because I feeling if I had LDG scum would be dead, and this would be over. Maybe he was worried about the wildcard. I don't fucking know.

But the "Wait, wait, push" , and the double standard on Lora (and the fact that you're still listening) make me lean that way.

I've said my piece. I'm happy to leave the deciding vote to Val. If I'm right, then the game would have ended already had Lora not been lynched. Nor will I deny that I messed up with that particular call.

In the same vein if I were scum then letting Lora be lynched would have been very silly since it'd be very easy for me hammering Lora to be taken as 'Graeham needs to be lynched immediately'.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I've said my piece. I'm happy to leave the deciding vote to Val. If I'm right, then the game would have ended already had Lora not been lynched. Nor will I deny that I messed up with that particular call.

In the same vein if I were scum then letting Lora be lynched would have been very silly since it'd be very easy for me hammering Lora to be taken as 'Graeham needs to be lynched immediately'.
    But nobody's even said that? Literally nobody thought it suspicious that you hammered Lora, since WE ALL voted for him.

You're here making new (and silly) accusations about yourself so you can easily refute them.

This is just out there at this point, and I don't fucking get the argument.

It's just lot of shifting arguments and Tom foolery

Fuck it.

Vote Grae

Val, still willing to answer any questions you have about my play, because this has been a damn trip.

Mazer's posts sound convincing, but then I remember his long posts from the end War of Attrition game and he was scum. I honestly can't tell who is who. I bet the dead thread is laughing at me. I am so sorry if I am about to lose another game for town.

Crossing my fingers

vote Mazer

Hey, I get it. You have to go with your gut.

Realistically, scum probably won this game a bit ago

Well, that's the hammer!

So which of you was lying?

The wait is making me anxious

It is now night

- - - Updated - - -

After taking the night to sleep on it, the remaining town gathered to figure out which one of them was the bad guy. It was a decently quick discussion with impassioned pleas from all involved. Ultimately, they came to a name. This was no time for games. They quickly cut him down where he stood and checked his corpse.

Mazer was eliminated and was Mafia.

However, it does not end here. The Mafia left clues for their brethren about the identities of the Merlins and what colors they represent. Their brethren will arrive at 12:00pm ET (noon) on 6/17. Will the correct information be given? Who will the ultimate victors be?

The town has defeated the Mafia and the Mafia have until 12:00pm ET on 6/17 to submit their guess.

Good luck to all!

The reinforcements came much more quickly than expected. Armed with the information provided by their agents on the ground, the Mafia steamrolled over the entire town. Little by little, all normal villagers were replaced with agents of the Mafia and there was nothing the Merlin’s could do about it, seeing as they were systemically murdered.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MAFIA - KEL, MAZER, AND FOXXI!!!!

The Rand:
    Spoiler: 

Well played everyone! Please let me know your thoughts on the setup. I think this can be one we play again sometime to see how different it may end up.

10+ Year Old Account
    ye this game was obviously lost even before the foxxi lynch.

Good figure out boys. Well played on my Tom foolery.

We felt pretty good about the merlins for a bit.

Respect to crackle for making us dig for the final one.

10+ Year Old Account
    i lowkey wish i hadnt found my role (i searched for like a solid hour) before i realised i was a merlin. Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only I played and was a merlin, I would've been impossible to find since no one ever believes me :P

They figured out who the merlins were? Awwww

GG