The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    We are not asking governments to design the games, what an entirely disingenuous thing to say.
    Yes, you do. Like with other things you don't really know what you are asking. Like you think you want it - but you don't.
    People always cry on about wanting a totally free market, until they have to pay $25/L for gas, $700/month for power, and one company is able to take complete control of a market and charge $27,000 for a phone.
    Government regulation of market is the primary source of the inflation and the economical crisis we are having right now. Regulations increase the prices (or empty the shelfs). Not the other way around.

Some want them to investigate the harmful, predatory, and addictive nature of modern game monetization
    There's nothing harmful, predatory nor addictive
    You do understand most other forms of gambling
    Lootbox is not gambling though. And DI doesn't even have lootboxes.

But from the game design point of view it is BAD to show drop rates to the player. Try to figure out why. Again it's the case of "you think you want it but you don't"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Yes, you do. Like with other things you don't really know what you are asking. Like you think you want it - but you don't.

Government regulation of market is the primary source of the inflation and the economical crisis we are having right now. Regulations increase the prices (or empty the shelfs). Not the other way around.

There's nothing harmful, predatory nor addictive

Lootbox is not gambling though. And DI doesn't even have lootboxes.

But from the game design point of view it is BAD to show drop rates to the player. Try to figure out why. Again it's the case of "you think you want it but you don't"
    Yeah im done - i have absolutely no interest having a discussion with someone who cant be honest with themselves, let alone anyone else. Have fun paying $200 for insulin and $75/L for gas. I note with GREAT interest that you completely ignored the regulation of gambling by saying "nah, its not gambling" and just handwaved it away like its not reality. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah im done - i have absolutely no interest having a discussion with someone who cant be honest with themselves, let alone anyone else. Have fun paying $200 for insulin and $75/L for gas. I note with GREAT interest that you completely ignored the regulation of gambling by saying "nah, its not gambling" and just handwaved it away like its not reality. Amazing.
    That's a cute position to take. "Agree with me or I'm done", well you are done.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

You dont actually think that dude is genuine do you?

Pretty obvious he just likes to "debate"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Pretty much. And really, doing all the daily activities and hitting the different daily hidden caps will still take you a good 2-3 hours. And you can still meaningfully grind in the world (30 Monster Essences) for a good while longer.

If you are trying to spend all your extra time in this game then and only then will you run out of things to do.
    I play something like 1 hour per day when lucky, will probably never ever reach any cap in literally months. Don’t even know if I’ll be able to cap the empowered battle pass before it expires.

One of the main problems is players treating this like a “desktop standard ARPG”. It’s not. You are supposed to chill around every day for a little time and buy something from time to time. If you approach it like D3, you’ll hit the paywall fairly fast.

Guys stop...

This is a game for gacha gamer whalers...PERIOD

Spending AKA "gambling" real money is not a predatory tactic...is a FEATURE for this community!
    Is dopamine.
    For the gacha gamers.
    For the whales.

Sorry but i dont think anyone is "accidently" wasting thousands of dollars in a phone game.
    There is no:

"Woops, i just wasted 10 000$, silly me, woopsy daisy"

At the very best it tricks you at STARTING to waste money...only to realize later "this game is not for me anymore". (hook)
    This is a game that was made with the ONLY purpose to make money with a tiny minuscule (yet rich) community called "whale gambler dopamine addicts".

IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You dont actually think that dude is genuine do you?

Pretty obvious he just likes to "debate"
    Yes, everyone who doesn't agree with you immediately - just likes to debate.

You should really listen to what you are saying. It's hilariously close-minded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    No?
    Yes, but salty scrubs are suddenly caring really much for those poor addicted whales and their money, they want government to intervene and protect the rich.

Yes, everyone who doesn't agree with you immediately - just likes to debate.

You should really listen to what you are saying. It's hilariously close-minded.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but salty scrubs are suddenly caring really much for those poor addicted whales and their money, they want government to intervene and protect the rich.
    No you're just incredibly obvious in what you are trying to do.

Someone could be pointing out that the sun gives us light and you'd find an angle on it to be contrarian.

I think it's more about hating on Blizzard.

Or for some, being unhappy that the game is so close to what they wanted out of D3. I know if this was a D3 xpac with some monetization to make it make sense to investors, it would be my main game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you're just incredibly obvious in what you are trying to do.

Someone could be pointing out that the sun gives us light and you'd find an angle on it to be contrarian.
    Like you are doing right now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it's more about hating on Blizzard.

Or for some, being unhappy that the game is so close to what they wanted out of D3. I know if this was a D3 xpac with some monetization to make it make sense to investors, it would be my main game.
    Obviously, but they cannot admit it - so they invent the "reasons"

Like you are doing right now?
    Damn thats some quick fire response time son, did I hit a nerve?

What are you even trying to say right now?

I'm being contrarian by pointing out you are disingenuous? ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn thats some quick fire response time son, did I hit a nerve?

What are you even trying to say right now?

I'm being contrarian by pointing out you are disingenuous? ok?
    Projecting much?

Projecting much?
    Alright alright go sniff ya bath salts grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The same way NL and Belgium do, which is why D:I is not there.

Their regulations are broad enough for companies not willing to risk it and it seems effective enough, seeing this shit steers clear off these countries even if the regulation is not fitting like a glove to the case.
    I don’t know what their regulation is about. But EVERY commercial business tries to convince you to buy stuff you don’t really need trying to trick your mind with “mechanics”.

Think about the classic “3x2” offers in markets. You don’t need that product but hey, they are giving me one for free, so why not? My wife falls to this “trick” every single time we buy stuff at market. I lost count of how many Swiffers we have at home, we can probably take off dust for the next 100 years.

I won’t say mtx are good design, but preventing markets from selling knives won’t stop murders. You have to teach people not to murder.

Governments should be allowed to protect people from themselves only to an extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always fun to see poor people's disdain towards rich people's money spending habits.
    Bobby Kotick, is that you?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Guys stop...

This is a game for gacha gamer whalers...PERIOD

Spending AKA "gambling" real money is not a predatory tactic...is a FEATURE for this community!
    Is dopamine.
    For the gacha gamers.
    For the whales.

Sorry but i dont think anyone is "accidently" wasting thousands of dollars in a phone game.
    There is no:

"Woops, i just wasted 10 000$, silly me, woopsy daisy"

At the very best it tricks you at STARTING to waste money...only to realize later "this game is not for me anymore". (hook)
    This is a game that was made with the ONLY purpose to make money with a tiny minuscule (yet rich) community called "whale gambler dopamine addicts".

IMO
    Just to point it out:

"accidently" is certainly not the word being used.

There are players that ruin their savings for games like these and I'm not sure why people think it's fine that this is possible to do while playing computer games.
    Especially when games like these are promoted as "free 2 play". (It doesn't fucking matter that you can "technically play this for free" that's not the issue.)
    That's probably a gripe people have with this game.
    It's despicable, sad and just doesn't belong in games but the biggest issue is that Blizzard (and this is where the thread title remains relevant) is doing it.
    Time to admit that Blizzard just doesn't want you to enjoy their games anymore.

It's on point.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-06-17 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    There are players that ruin their savings for games like these and I'm not sure why people think it's fine that this is possible to do while playing computer games.
    Especially when games like these are promoted as "free 2 play".
    It's despicable, sad and just doesn't belong in games but the biggest issue is that Blizzard (and this is where the thread title remains relevant) is doing it.
    Time to admit that Blizzard just doesn't want you to enjoy their games anymore.

It's on point.
    People seem to be missing the trees for the forest.

I remember a time when the only times games were banned was because they had too much blood or they had some nudity in it.

Now we have to worry about games being banned because of predatory gambling laws.

What a time to be alive

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially when games like these are promoted as "free 2 play".
    If it's fine with a mortgage, a student debt, a general loan or living on credit cards only...

Some people gonna ruin their finances.
    Games are irrelevant.

If it's fine with a mortgage, a student debt, a general loan or living on credit cards only...

Some people gonna ruin their finances.
    Games are irrelevant.
    comparing a video game to a mortgage and student loan.

Yeah totally "legit"

Just to point it out:

Especially when games like these are promoted as "free 2 play". (It doesn't fucking matter that you can "technically play this for free" that's not the issue.)
    Think before you spend your savings?
    NAAAAAAAAH, let's blame some video games and shit

I still read these hilarious articles about a parent giving his child iPad or similar tablet that has credit card info tied to it and then complaining about thousands of dollars spent, cracks me up every time