10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Is there any chance the Jan 6 hearings will change any Trump supporters' minds?
    I'm not tremendously concerned with what Trump supporters believe, because supporting Trump means that their grasp on reality is either woefully shaky or deeply twisted.

The people who matter are everyone who isn't a Trump supporter (a term for that all intents and purposes is also synonymous with "person who votes GOP no matter what," because they're effectively the same) because they outnumber Trump supporters by... well, millions. If these hearings can convince everyone else that Trump is a greedy, habitually-lying, dangerously unqualified myopic narcissist unfit to lead (which should have been obvious from the getgo, but I suppose realizing now is better late than never) and that 1) the person running against him is miles better basically by default, 2) they shouldn't vote for him and/or 3) they should actively vote against him, then I'd say they'll have been worthwhile.

Or, you know, best case scenario Trump gets thrown in jail and can't run either way, and whether Trump's followers believe he's in there wrongly or not won't matter one tick to the rest of the world as it continues to turn despite any of their guttural outrage.

That's the thing with the GOP, and Trump is no exception. They don't respect things like morals or ethics or shame. They mean nothing to them. All they understand is money and power, and that's why they need to be deprived of both of them until they re-align their priorities. Or disappear as a party. Either is fine by me.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Not sure if this belongs here but I guess Mike Lindell will have to go cry into his MyPillow now that the worlds largest retailer has pulled his products from their online store at the tune of a $10 million loss.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...cid=uxbndlbing

Walmart said it pulled MyPillow products from its stores as the pillow company’s founder and CEO Mike Lindell continues to falsely claim the 2020 presidential election was rigged against former President Trump.

A Walmart spokesperson confirmed the products’ removal after Lindell posted a series of live videos on his Facebook page in which he talked about the decision in interviews with conservative podcasters.

“While we are no longer carrying them in stores, MyPillow products continue to be available on Walmart.com,” a Walmart spokesperson told The Hill.

In a livestream Lindell posted on Thursday of him speaking with Steve Bannon for an episode of “Bannon’s War Room,” the MyPillow CEO said the removal would be a “$10 million hit” to his company.

He also told Bannon the company was spending $500,000 a week on television advertising, adding that he offered to lower the price of MyPillow products for Walmart.

In a separate interview Lindell livestreamed on Wednesday, he said Walmart was “canceling” him.

“You guys are canceling us just like the other box stores,” Lindell said he had told a Walmart executive. “Shame on you, Walmart. You’re disgusting.”

Lindell, an ally of Trump, has repeatedly made debunked claims of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

He has been sued by voting system companies Dominion and Smartmatic for defamation over his claims. Lindell also filed suits against the two companies, but both his counterclaims have been dismissed.

And in May, a federal judge ordered Lindell to pay some of Smartmatic’s court costs and fees, saying some of the MyPillow CEO’s allegations against the company were “frivolous.”

Serious question: Where the fuck does Lindell get all this money from?

Like, he's spending million on lawsuits and investigations and "events" and shit, while also losing money hand over fist as the companies willing to work with him shrinks. And despite mounting losses in predictable income, he's claiming to spend more and more.

Either he's bullshitting all these numbers - extremely likely - or he's getting a lot of money from somewhere else.

Also, does this mean the Q crowd will have to #CancelWalMart? Can they even do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, does this mean the Q crowd will have to #CancelWalMart? Can they even do that?
    I wouldn't put it past them to SAY they're canceling WalMart, then still shop there anyway, because really who would know?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I wouldn't put it past them to SAY they're canceling WalMart, then still shop there anyway, because really who would know?
    /r/peopleofwalmart gonna be in shambles if they're successful

Serious question: Where the fuck does Lindell get all this money from?
    Pillows. He was worth 300m at one time from selling pillows. He was making mid 8 digits for years before trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Is there any chance the Jan 6 hearings will change any Trump supporters' minds?
    Nobody should give a flying fuck.

If the hearings end up seeing Trump and 30% of sitting Republicans facing 14th Amendment challenges if not sedition charges, forcing them all permanently out of federal office forever, those Trump supporters can whine about it on Facebook and go fuck themselves. Penalizing people for breaking the law is not partisan.

Their opinions literally do not matter one whit, and if they don't like that, they can try their best to kick off a civil war. And if they won't, they can fuck off and cry in a corner. Nobody gives a shit what they think. Changing their minds is in no way an objective or goal, here. It takes a whopping heap of unwarranted entitlement to think anyone's obligated to change their minds. They can go on being wrong and stupid as long as they want to. If their chosen representatives keep being seditious criminal morons, so be it.

Looks like the DoJ has again requested the J6 committee's transcripts after today's hearings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Penalizing people for breaking the law is not partisan.
    Unfortunately, with the steady diet of lies and conspiracy theories that makes up mainstream GOP rhetoric...it kind of is. And if by some miracle, GOP officials actually do see repercussions from this, you know full well that Trump's cult (and plenty of the slightly less insane Republican voters) will definitely believe it's "Democrats imprisoning their opposition because they know they can't keep power without cheating!!!"

And it is a problem for this country (and its allies) when so many of its voters are so immune to basic facts of reality. That's how we wind up with these fascist fucks in office in the first place.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-06-17 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    /r/peopleofwalmart gonna be in shambles if they're successful
    I still have a space in my heart for Willie the Pimp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Unfortunately, with the steady diet of lies and conspiracy theories that makes up mainstream GOP rhetoric...it kind of is. And if by some miracle, GOP officials actually do see repercussions from this, you know full well that Trump's cult (and plenty of the slightly less insane Republican voters) will definitely believe it's "Democrats imprisoning their opposition because they know they can't keep power without cheating!!!"

And it is a problem for this country (and its allies) when so many of its voters are so immune to basic facts of reality. That's how we wind up with these fascist fucks in office in the first place.
    Yeah...it's already spewing over into the Libertarian headspace...they are calling the Jan 6th Commission and all who support it a cult, as if it was about attacking a sacred building and not a direct assault on the election results.

I've been pretty busy so I haven't been able to watch the hearings until last night and this morning. Powering through #3 now.

It's kind of refreshing to see Republicans following actual republican beliefs rather than "I believe whatever I need to believe to own the libs."

It's kind of the opposite of refreshing to see other Republicans privately saying one thing, and publicly saying something completely different. Mostly enraging.

I'm going to wager no one on Trump's side will care, as is custom, and nothing happens.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/peter-...or-trial-delay

Navarro tried to get his court date delayed because...he has a very important book tour to do!

Of course the court rejected this, but if this is a preview of his legal acumen before he acts as his own attorney in the case, this should be a wild ride.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/peter-...or-trial-delay

Navarro tried to get his court date delayed because...he has a very important book tour to do!

Of course the court rejected this, but if this is a preview of his legal acumen before he acts as his own attorney in the case, this should be a wild ride.
    On the subject of Navarro, he has plead Trumps Guilty, I mean, Not Guilty. Calls the Select Committee a "Kangaroo Committee".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pe...064424a0e1080c

Peter Navarro pleads not guilty to contempt of Congress charges

Former President Trump's trade adviser Peter Navarro pleaded not guilty Friday to two charges of contempt of Congress.

The charges against Navarro stem from his refusal to comply with a subpoena from the House select committee investigating the assault on the Capitol that took place on Jan. 6, 2021. The committee had asked Navarro to testify and provide documents related to the Trump administration's efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

Judge Amit Mehta, who will oversee Navarro's criminal case, previously rejected Navarro's request to delay his arraignment. In a June 8 letter to the judge, Navarro, who only recently hired a lawyer after representing himself, wrote, "My very freedom here is at stake and I ask for the court's understanding that it will take time both to find the appropriate representation and time to develop an appropriate legal strategy."

The judge granted the Department of Justice's request for a protective order in the case to limit what evidence Navarro may release to the public.

"Immediately after his initial appearance, in front of the courthouse doors, the Defendant voluntarily made an almost 18-minute extrajudicial statement about the pending criminal case," according to a Justice Department filing.

Outside the courthouse after his arrest, Navarro addressed the press, calling the Jan. 6 House select committee a "kangaroo committee."

"They're essentially acting as judge, jury and executioner," he complained. "Their mission, their clear mission is to prevent Donald John Trump from running for president in 2024 and being elected for president."

But the committee has said it needs information related in part to Navarro's work on a post-election effort known as the "Green Bay Sweep," which aimed to reverse President Biden's victory over Trump.

During his initial appearance earlier this month, Navarro was visibly angry at the prosecutors, calling them "despicable" and alleging prosecutorial misconduct.

He has claimed investigators refused him an attorney, food and water, and "shackled" him in jail. CBS News confirmed Navarro was arrested at an unnamed airport gate before he was to board a flight to Nashville, an arrest he protested was unfair and unnecessary.

The Justice Department responded to his various accusations in a filing late last week, writing, "The Defendant has made numerous false statements in the press about his arrest — for example, that he was deprived of food and water. In fact, when he asked, he was offered food and water, took it, then asked if he wanted more."

Navarro recently sued the House committee and the D.C. U.S. Attorney's Office ahead of his indictment, alleging the subpoena he received "pointedly ignored all claims of executive privilege and testimony immunity." He challenged the legality of the subpoena, claiming the select committee is "neither duly authorized nor properly constituted," and the subpoena and resolution finding him in contempt of Congress violated separation of powers. Navarro has said his criminal case should be delayed until the lawsuit is resolved.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/polit...iot/index.html

Yes, one of the rioters was armed and has plead guilty to assaulting officers with a dangerous weapon.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    It's funny watching Trump unintentionally admit he surrounded himself with "weak" people.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "I didn't call him a wimp"
    "weak people"

Literally the same thing.
    Once more of course even in Trump's word they are weak, cause they didn't follow through on the coup. I love the admission.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/polit...iot/index.html

Yes, one of the rioters was armed and has plead guilty to assaulting officers with a dangerous weapon.
    This bit:

He later told investigators he fabricated the claim because he feared member of Antifa might find the gun and his name was "all over it."
    I feel like I need a diagram to explain the path his brain took in coming up with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    This bit:

I feel like I need a diagram to explain the path his brain took in coming up with this.
    I found it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.