15+ Year Old Account
    Fates is still my favorite because i love corrin and the music. Sorry not sorry :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly mc from the front

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    On the hair color, who cares.

Not fair to dev to critique screens too much at this point. Old, low quality, leaked screens shouldn't really be compared to dev chosen marketing screenshots. That said, if you care about the hair, I'm not attempting to diminish that opinion either way.
    Eh, random screenshots are always better for gauging the true quality of a game than a polished marketing shots, because the latter is always a lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    That hair looks absolutely ridiculous.

At least it is not neon

reminds me of the legendaries from the last pokemon games

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Eh, random screenshots are always better for gauging the true quality of a game than a polished marketing shots, because the latter is always a lie.
    Forget Fire Emblem. Let's say I'm writing a novel. Now lets say I go through several drafts of the novel, and then it goes through editing, and it's about to release next year.

Now say, a excerpt of a chapter of that book gets leaked online. That copy is from an early draft that has not been edited by a professional editor.

Is it a fair representation of my work? Is it fair to me? More fair than a blurb from the final copy? Because this happened to my book, and not other books, is my book starting on a level playing field with the other books who were able to choose their initial marketing excerpts?

Is the leaker a hero who should be admired? If not, did the leaker do a fair or unfair thing, to the creator, to the audience? Isn't there some stigma, even in today's harsh times, about stealing an artist's work and premiering it worldwide in an unflattering, unfinished state without their consent?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't sleep on Neon White.

https://kotaku.com/neon-white-pc-nin...got-1849072088
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-16 at 03:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neon white is pretty good but i think people should get it on pc cause there can be some pretty precise shots

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Neon white is pretty good but i think people should get it on pc cause there can be some pretty precise shots
    Somebody said something about gyro controls on Switch being really well implemented. I tend to only go PC when I have to. Any chance the gyro controls help with that? I can't imagine how, but people have been up on this type of controlling lately, I believe for the bow in Horizon fw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Somebody said something about gyro controls on Switch being really well implemented. I tend to only go PC when I have to. Any chance the gyro controls help with that? I can't imagine how, but people have been up on this type of controlling lately, I believe for the bow in Horizon fw.
    I dunno. I got it on pc because its a fps and i aint about to use a controller for a shooter

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up Kirby on Friday. So far I'm enjoying it, cute style and artwork, fun gameplay like classic Kirby games.

Xenoblade 3 Direct announced for 6/22 at 7am PDT.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...69963036971008

They did this for 2 as well, excited to see more about this game. Wonder if this means a normal direct next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aint gonna watch to avoid any spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I picked up Kirby on Friday. So far I'm enjoying it, cute style and artwork, fun gameplay like classic Kirby games.
    Excellent game.

Also hyped about the direct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Aint gonna watch to avoid any spoilers
    Imposible. Some1 will post in youtube and ruin it. Lets just hope they dont post anything spoiler related.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Imposible. Some1 will post in youtube and ruin it. Lets just hope they dont post anything spoiler related.
    Then i wont click the video? Still plenty of games i havent been spoiled on that are years old

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition today. Definitely an enjoyable game. I really liked the combat system and the characters were all likable as well. I thought it was really cool how when they flashed back to previous scenes, they'd show your characters wearing the armor sets they were wearing at the time of those cutscenes. Small thing, but a really nice touch. The side quests were pretty generic, but I liked the flow of finding a new town, picking up like 10 sidequests and knocking them all out on the way to the main quest.

That being said, some of the dialog was very awkward. I also wasn't the biggest fan of the shift in the story towards the end of the game. I preferred the storyline that was set up at the beginning of the game. I also felt like some of the balance of the party members was very out of whack. Why would I use Riki or Melia when Shulk, Reyn, Dunban destroys everything in the game? I know Melia can do pretty insane damage if you set her up right, but she's pretty useless until she gets the Earth and Ice Elementals, whereas the 3 bros are strong out of the gate. The heart to hearts were also very disappointing compared to the Confidants/Social Links in Persona or the Support conversations in Fire Emblem. Also found it very annoying that in order to max out arts you have to find books that drop from enemies. I just ended up sitting on tons of art points because I had maxed out all the arts I was using on all my characters. Very weird design choice.

If I had to rate the game I'd probably give it an 8 out of 10.

I played the original on 3DS so IDK about the Switch version's changes. The story was decent up until Prison Island and then went downhill from there. The revenge plot was pretty gripping but when they found out he was a human and started crying "no Shulk you can't put the mass murdering traitor to death, even though he is trying to kill us!" I started tuning out. And ofcourse it devolved into fighting god and all of the pretentious crap that come along with it. Half of the cast was likeable (Shulk, Dunban, Riki, Dixon, wish Dixon was a permanent party member) and the other half was meh. The cutscene direction was above average for a JRPG, but I don't play games to watch movies (otherwise I'd be watching a movie). The English voice direction was pretty good (can't say the same for the sequel, though). The game gave a decent enough adventure feel of trekking across a fantasy world. The soundtrack widely varies in quality. Most of the zone tracks are fine or sometimes great but most of the battle music was ear-grating (the notable exception being the famous "You will know our names"). The combat sucks. The sidequests were awful. Crafting is awful. No way I could give the game a score higher than a 6/10 (fine).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Why would I use Riki or Melia when Shulk, Reyn, Dunban destroys everything in the game?
    I used Shulk, Dunban, and Riki, mainly because those were the characters I liked. I got into tough spots at times but was able to beat the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was one scene in particular that bothered me

Shulk basically refuses to kill Egil even though he's caused the deaths of countless people and even his own father is like "Bruh you gotta take this man out." However, later on when Shulk fights Dickson, a man who was essentially a father figure to him, he says something like "Get out of my way or I'll kill you." Why is Shulk so bloodthirsty towards this person who he has far less reason to hate and also has an emotional connection to? Really felt out of character for him.

Maining Melia and having Riki in the party is the most broken setup for killing the super bosses, 3rd character is irrelevant. The other way to kill them is just with Shulk and 2 irrelevant members but that involves being way higher leveled and doing things properly(and boring) with monado arts instead of just obliterating the things in a single chain with Melia and Riki DoT build.

Before the end game it doesn't even really matter as you can just mmo mash abilities on CD unless you're under leveled so anyone is doable.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-21 at 04:40 AM.

Honestly I've never been able to get into the combat for Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm really hoping 3 finally manages to make the combat enjoyable.