10+ Year Old Account
    JFC I hate Sergei Lavrov

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...eb2x&context=3

This prick claims the invasion "isn't an invasion," that they had to do it to show the west that "Ukraine joining NATO is a criminal act" and that the war crimes and massacres are just "fake news."

What a piece of shit.
    Putin khuliyo

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yeah, no. This isn't how international relations work, at all, for a whole host of reasons. That's not justice, that's vengeance, and grossly disproportionate vengeance at that.
    It's really not. The Allies had bases in and around Axis countries for decades. The USA helped rebuild Japan from the ground up and turned them into one of our closest allies. Tens of thousands of civilians have been killed, more have been abducted from their homes and taken to Russia, and whole cities have been destroyed. This (demanding reparations and a change of how Russia does things) isn't remotely "vengeance" nor is it "grossly disproportionate".
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2022-06-17 at 01:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    JFC I hate Sergei Lavrov

This prick claims the invasion "isn't an invasion," that they had to do it to show the west that "Ukraine joining NATO is a criminal act" and that the war crimes and massacres are just "fake news."

What a piece of shit.
    Opinions not unlike those from certain other posters here. But Lavrov at this point is little more than a talking head. He does not takes initiative in creating Russian international politics, and when he does, Putler has to intervene to correct his shit (like with Israel). They are all in the same basket, singing same tune. The good thing is that this singing is increasingly powerless and impotent.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    JFC I hate Sergei Lavrov

What a piece of shit.
    I saw that too. It's like they're cycling through justifications for the invasion from one day to the next. Is it about NATO? Ukrainian Nazis? Protecting seperatists from Kiyv aggression? Perhaps it's about Russian empire-building? Demilitarization? Maybe they pick from a hat every morning for the justification of the day, just to keep things spicy.

And yes, Lavrov is a horrible excuse for a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Because sometimes you need to do what is right.
    Agreed but in the meantime not exterminate your own low income citizens. What is the plan here? I really don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's really not. The Allies had bases in and around Axis countries for decades. The USA helped rebuild Japan from the ground up and turned them into one of our closest allies. Tens of thousands of civilians have been killed, more have been abducted from their homes and taken to Russia, and whole cities have been destroyed. This (demanding reparations and a change of how Russia does things) isn't remotely "vengeance" nor is it "grossly disproportionate".
    The axis powers surrendered. Russia is not going to surrender, no one is going to push this conflict beyond Russia leaving Ukraine.
    No one is going to make Russia change how it acts and behaves and I wouldn't get your hopes up for reparations either.
    The moment Russia is out of Ukraine countries are going to silently start lifting sanctions and pretend this whole war never happened.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The moment Russia is out of Ukraine
    not going to happen. People underestimate this situation as it is, Putin has cornered himself into an "all or nothing" scenario. If he surrenders, he's going to die. And he knows it. So all he can do is march forward.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Source on Russia sending in their "competent elite forces"
    I would picture it as a Benny Hill sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Come to Germany. We don't care.
    Don't give away my summer vacation plans!

This (demanding reparations and a change of how Russia does things) isn't remotely "vengeance" nor is it "grossly disproportionate".
    "Reparations and a change of how Russia does things" isn't what YUPPIE was asking for, though. His exact words were "They HAVE to pay for everything they've done for the next 50 years or so, maybe even a hundred or more." Fucking over another country for a century is grossly disproportionate vengeance.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    "Reparations and a change of how Russia does things" isn't what YUPPIE was asking for, though. His exact words were "They HAVE to pay for everything they've done for the next 50 years or so, maybe even a hundred or more." Fucking over another country for a century is grossly disproportionate vengeance.
    "They have to pay for what they did" = reparations and reform. What do you think he's advocating, jailing the Russian people? Disbanding their government? Cutting them off from all forms of outside trade or aid?

"They have to pay for what they did" = reparations and reform. What do you think he's advocating, jailing the Russian people? Disbanding their government? Cutting them off from all forms of outside trade or aid?
    Yuppie? Would advocate genocide no doubt.

OT

Reparations are in order, what these entail is up to what Ukraine wants and what they think they can get at the end of this.

China is building bridges with Russia to alleviate western economic Sanctions.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-61767303
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You don't build a bridge in two days, I'm sure this was already underway for a while, so I doubt the sanctions really played a part.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    yes... in 4 months they planned and build a bridge to help Russia...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

A bridge like that takes 3-4 years to build and be tested, certainly not something built-in 3-4 months

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    25% of ALL tanks is probably exaggerating as they had 12000 or so in storage. Then again, if that is meant to include those then it might be AFTER inventory to see which still run. (spoiler, a LOT of those are just rustbuckets.)

But if the source is English then I wouldn't mind a link?
    I'd imagine many of their tanks have been cannibalized for spare parts, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'd imagine many of their tanks have been cannibalized for spare parts, as well.
    I'm sure that happened as well. Still, 25-30% is A LOT. (not saying I don't want it to be real I'm just cautious as I don't want to get false hope up.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I'm sure that happened as well. Still, 25-30% is A LOT. (not saying I don't want it to be real I'm just cautious as I don't want to get false hope up.)
    Keep in mind that they weren't talking about tanks specifically. They meant armored vehicles as a whole, which includes a lot more than tanks. Oryx has close to 800 tanks and roughly 1500 other armored vehicles listed as casualties for Russia. And that's very unlikely to be close to a full accounting of their losses.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Keep in mind that they weren't talking about tanks specifically. They meant armored vehicles as a whole, which includes a lot more than tanks. Oryx has close to 800 tanks and roughly 1500 other armored vehicles listed as casualties for Russia. And that's very unlikely to be close to a full accounting of their losses.
    That makes much more sense, I was responding to Flarelaine who said the russians had lost 25% of ALL their tanks not just those they sent to Ukraine.

Speaking of numbers, I read today that some BTGs can can not even muster 30 soldiers and are still sent into battle. as we know a BTG should have between 600-800 men. (numbers from the MoD of the UK.)