Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    The weird thing is, I found turn based combat to be boring and bland.

Like I said, that's just me.
    It is inconceivable to me that anyone enjoyed the combat system in FF15. And the combat system in 7R was ok at best. Mashing one button while my NPCs fight next to me isn't very thrilling.

To me, these games have felt like someone adding tackling to baseball because football is more popular now. It is kind of missing the point, and I would much rather see some innovation on a full-party-control combat system rather than the lowest common denominator of "Here is your one guy, smash X a lot, win".
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It is inconceivable to me that anyone enjoyed the combat system in FF15.
    I did not mind it. Nothing that knocked my socks off and the biggest annoyance was being able to see what I could grapple/leap to really. But it was pretty smooth and I had no frustrating issues that made it a poor experience.

This is a game called Trials of Cold Steel. And I liked that combat system a lot more having played that and FF15 not that far apart from each other. The FF7 remake wasn't too bad on Playstation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Both turn based and action can be good or bad. I dont know why people always argue that one is good and the other is bad. You dweebs need to play more games

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Both turn based and action can be good or bad. I dont know why people always argue that one is good and the other is bad. You dweebs need to play more games
    Lies, I must pick a side and dig in to defend it at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Kinda weird that they're remaking Crisis Core when Crisis Core is supposed to be included in Ever Crisis and was in fact shown quite extensively in the new Ever Crisis trailer.
    It's a remaster, really well done remaster but remaster nonetheless. The animations and cutscene shots are 1:1 with the PSP game and actually look weird at times compared to the much higher quality models. The only thing slightly remade seems to be the combat since Zack no longer has an annoying input buffer animation after every attack and can instead chain them together, that's a much welcome change.

If I had to wager this is being done to slightly alter the story and show the remake side of what happened in Crisis Core, also its just good the game that has a banging OST won't be stuck as a physical only PSP game anymore.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-17 at 07:30 PM.

It is inconceivable to me that anyone enjoyed the combat system in FF15. And the combat system in 7R was ok at best. Mashing one button while my NPCs fight next to me isn't very thrilling.
    Button mashing one button? That just tells me you were not playing the game on anything other than handholding mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Button mashing one button? That just tells me you were not playing the game on anything other than handholding mode.
    Certainly for FFVII Remake.

FFXV on the other hand can see you complete everything in the game by holding down triangle, not even button mashing it.

It's an absolute insult to FFVII Remake that this guy is even remotely comparing it's combat to XV.

I'm not the person you quoted, but to be fair, I still feel the same way about Witcher 3 combat and I was playing on normal, lol. One button spam and spells here and there just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Certainly for FFVII Remake.

FFXV on the other hand can see you complete everything in the game by holding down triangle, not even button mashing it.

It's an absolute insult to FFVII Remake that this guy is even remotely comparing it's combat to XV.
    TBH I was thinking he was talking about remake with the last part of the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    To be fair, if someone likes Turn Based Combat, that's fine. I just prefer something else these days.

Aside from a few fights, that is the reality.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

dOgGo CaNnOn ~!!

Well gee I guess timestamps don't work on mmochampion.. at 18:30. Angelo droppin' bombs on em.

As for FF7 Remake I read there is three installments for it. Surprised to see that for a headline on an article. I wonder where they will stop this time? I was 100% correct on my last assumption before they hit the open world.. I am gonna predict after the temple of the ancients this time. Or maybe the Forgotten city..(Always felt Ghostlands in WoW got a strong influence from that area) I could be wrong this time.

It will be nice to hit up Cosmo canyon, also looking forward to getting Valentine and the Gold Saucer dates. I wonder if they will let Aerith,Tifa and Yuffie get cute outfits for the date. I know they didn't get alternative outfits in the original but they were just so awesome/generous this time around in the remake with Don Corneo. Loved the outfits. (I guarntee lots of people would be happy about more. Quite a bit of cosplaying) Would be nice if they could do that again but we will see. Maybe even give Barret a men's dress suit if he gets in on the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I wonder where they will stop this time?
    Aerith's death seems like the best spot.

But that's a lot of content, even if they adjust things. Are they cutting Cosmo Canyon? Maybe no Gi story? Can't really cut Nibelheim. Not Rocket Town either unless you plan to majorly revise the space stuff later on.

What about side stuff like Gongaga? Important story puzzle pieces you could miss; they probably wouldn't do that in the Remake? IDK.

Gold Saucer is a lock, of course.

To me, these games have felt like someone adding tackling to baseball because football is more popular now. It is kind of missing the point, and I would much rather see some innovation on a full-party-control combat system rather than the lowest common denominator of "Here is your one guy, smash X a lot, win".
    It's as fun as you make it to be.

I liked the FF15 combat system. It was new so a bit rough, but the idea is great.
    you doing combos by using the left stick instead. You switch weapons instead of switching the kind of attack...
    It's all about movement and hitting enemies at the right spot with the right weapon. As well as making combos with your party.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Aerith's death seems like the best spot.
    Slight disagree with this. I think Aerith's death is a great spot but not the best. For me, the best would be when Barret shows Tifa the incoming meteor as she awakens a week after the North Crater incident. Allowing for part 3 to start with a nice action incident as you try to escape Junon as Sapphire attacks.

Slight disagree with this. I think Aerith's death is a great spot but not the best. For me, the best would be when Barret shows Tifa the incoming meteor as she awakens a week after the North Crater incident. Allowing for part 3 to start with a nice action incident as you try to escape Junon as Sapphire attacks.
    That's a reasonable take. But I'm not sure it would do justice to the emotional impact of Aerith's death. If things just end there, that lingers. HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s one of the most memorable deaths in vg history. It better fucking linger. HARD.
    Precisely why I think it's the best moment to end on.

That's a reasonable take. But I'm not sure it would do justice to the emotional impact of Aerith's death. If things just end there, that lingers. HARD.
    Thats assuming they kill her. They changed stuff already.

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Thats assuming they kill her. They changed stuff already.
    They BETTER NOT TOUCH THAT, oh dear gods don't make me come over there Square and smack you with a paper fan.

They BETTER NOT TOUCH THAT, oh dear gods don't make me come over there Square and smack you with a paper fan.
    I mean it has merit potentially....as this is a weird time dilation Aerith surviving COULD happen but someone just as if not more impactful might happen in its stead (IE Tifa gets sacrificed instead)

or they do something lame and bring Zack back only to have him sacrifice himself for Aerith