Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

List of xpack "no no" rules

We provide feedback to Blizzard for how long? For 15 years? But they still manage to do things wrong from time to time and repeat the same mistakes again, again and again. Shouldn't we make list of xpack "no no" rules for them?

Such as:

Rule 1: Never make hubs in indoor locations

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Why?

/10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Why?

/10chars
    Because. Just DON'T. SL's lessons should be learned. Forever. No more amnesia.

Devs think, that players shouldn't be able to limit their development options. They think, that they should be able to make players make some choices and therefore they should be able to make some choices worse, than others. But at the end they just deal lots of damage to their game. So some design decisions should be simply blacklisted and NEVER used.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Last time I chaecked you could mount up in 90% of Oribos.

2. The playerbase is not, nor ever has, been united behind one set of requests. Flying by itself shows had varied opinions can be. Some feel meaningful choices should be changable while others feel they should be locked to one. If the devs actually listened to the players 100% of the time nothing would ever get done.

Because. Just DON'T.
    So no reason then. Honestly thought you were going to say something like "it's anti-casual".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post

2. The playerbase is not, nor ever has, been united behind one set of requests. Flying by itself shows had varied opinions can be. Some feel meaningful choices should be changable while others feel they should be locked to one. If the devs actually listened to the players 100% of the time nothing would ever get done.
    Devs should be protected from themselves. Sometimes they think, that X would be great idea. In theory. But actually it's bad. Even if it's good for some players. It isn't worth it. Some players like it, some don't. But you should clearly understand, that "You make game slightly better for 50% of playerbase, but other 50% quit" - is really bad deal.

P.S. Don't forget, that my thread isn't about "Is Oribos/Necrolord/Venthyr/half of Night Fae sanctums bad?". It's about overall list of such rules.

Such as:

Rule 2: Never make niche content mandatory

yeah, how can they not follow thousands of DIFFERENT, quite often mutualy exclusive opinions?!
    its almost like the community is not a singular hivemind but rather milions of different people, with different goals, motivations and so on...
    most of who provide the "amazing" feedback of "game is shit, make it better", which will surely be helpful to devs...

For a spaceship I think Oribos was done quite well. If anything it shows how little there actually is to do in a city, judged by the fact that every essential npc can fit on one platform, the flight paths could have been situated on the outer ring of the main platform. Spreading the npcs around a city like zuldazar or shattrath got old much quicker for me.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We provide feedback to Blizzard for how long? For 15 years? But they still manage to do things wrong from time to time and repeat the same mistakes again, again and again. Shouldn't we make list of xpack "no no" rules for them?

Such as:

If you don't like it, such as your posting name indicates, then you don't have to play. It's as simple as that. Your opinion only really matters to you and yet you make statements that basically say that the majority of players want this, when in fact, only a small percentage do. Also, post this in the official WoW forums in the General Discussion Forum where the devs and their liaison go for such feedback. Oh, but since this is considered a petition thread, it would be removed from those forums as petition threads are not permitted. We don't need player made rules that the devs have to go by. The way to get them to do what the majority want is to speak with your wallet.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Even now, 1.5 years after release, I still way too often get lost in Oribos. Or have to use my map and think "Okay, which side was the inn on?" when taking the teleporters up/down.
    More often than not, I pick the teleporter on the wrong side and have to run the long way around.
    I think the main issue is, when everything looks the exact same everywhere, you have no visual clue on where you are.

Back in Boralus, everything looked unique and distinct. I always knew exactly where everything was compared to wherever I was.
    Not in Oribos. It still feels like a maze to me.

As for the covenant sanctums, it feels weird how some of them are incredible in movement and others are so terrible.
    Kyrian: You can fly everywhere. Getting from point A to B is so fast, it is insane. I love it. At the same time, the teleport network gives instant access to most areas with a few clicks.
    Night Fae: Bit of a mixed bag. But at least the the mission table is outside. While some things are inside, it does give Soul Shape to run around faster, which is nice. The teleport network has many points to go to, but again, I need to use the map to reach which node is where I want to go to. The hub is also in the middle of the zone, which is a nice bonus.
    Necrolord: Entirely inside. No mounting. No speed boost from covenant abilities. Haven't used the teleport network a lot, but it is missing the easy "One click to go" overview Kyrian has.
    Venthyr: Entirely inside. No mounting. No speed boost from covenant abilities. AND it is on two floors to make it even more confusing. Same issue as the Necrolord on the teleport network

The rule: Please make getting around different hubs easy and fun. I love Kyrians and can deal with Night Fae. But Necrolord and Venthyr? I'm sorry, but I just can't.

Implement MORE incentives/necessities to form groups and interact with each other.
    Emphasize more on the second M in MMO: MULTIPLAYER

Make all outdoor content (except for leveling for obvious reasons) completely optional.

Don't implement any borrowed power system mid-expansion. Gearing up is enough post-leveling progression.

Remove tyrannical and fortified from m+.

The playerbase is not, nor ever has, been united behind one set of requests.
    I think the only exception is "Please stop people from blocking [important NPC] in the city."

Don't make PvE/PvP enthusiasts farm other type of content they don't want to do because of the BIS/good items there.

Make out-door dungeons, or at least don't have the ones with stupid ceiling clipping(I am looking at you HoA after second/before third boss room, or sometimes SD).

More contradictory changes are made - more players are pissed off. Therefore devs should avoid contradictory changes. Especially, when such changes are made for some principled players only. I.e. they don't make game so better, that they bring many players to game, but at the same time they drive many other players away. Such changes layer on a top of each other, narrowing number of happy players more, more and more.

You know. When some xpack fails due to major problems, devs are expected not to do it again. Otherwise it would be endless loop of amnesic crap. It's just terrible to see, when after 2-3 years of nonsense you join Beta and see the same BS here and there again, but devs claim, that when game is at Beta stage - then it's too late to make fundamental changes. Because there is fixed realease deadline due to pre-orders, they want so called "constructive feedback", blah blah blah. That's why we should make list of "no no" xpack features in advance.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-06-18 at 10:06 AM.

That's the problem with guys like OP. They can't accept that for every opinion they have there's someone out there with the exact opposite one who would be just as upset as he apparently is about how things are now if they were done the way OP wants them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Rule 3: Never make bag-bloating currencies

What is purpose of this change? To turn bag slots into meaningful resource? They will never be meaningful resource again. As we have lots of cheap bags. From WOD Garrisons for example.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    As for the covenant sanctums, it feels weird how some of them are incredible in movement and others are so terrible.
    Kyrian: You can fly everywhere. Getting from point A to B is so fast, it is insane. I love it. At the same time, the teleport network gives instant access to most areas with a few clicks.
    Night Fae: Bit of a mixed bag. But at least the the mission table is outside. While some things are inside, it does give Soul Shape to run around faster, which is nice. The teleport network has many points to go to, but again, I need to use the map to reach which node is where I want to go to. The hub is also in the middle of the zone, which is a nice bonus.
    Necrolord: Entirely inside. No mounting. No speed boost from covenant abilities. Haven't used the teleport network a lot, but it is missing the easy "One click to go" overview Kyrian has.
    Venthyr: Entirely inside. No mounting. No speed boost from covenant abilities. AND it is on two floors to make it even more confusing. Same issue as the Necrolord on the teleport network

This, i agree with this assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Why?

/10chars
    You cannot mount

I'd like for any endgame "grind" (more like super stretched time gated bullshit) like torghast/maw/korthia to just not exist.
    Zereth Morthis is the way forward, do that every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You cannot mount
    Yeah, I straight misread his demand as "don't make outdoor hubs", and was very confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !